You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

the new trend

hurst05hurst05 Member Posts: 1,567
edited April 2010 in The Poker Clinic
is it me or are skypoker players starting a new trend of check calling all the way to the river then either going allin or betting big lol. e.g your on the button and you raise and get a call from the BB, i have AK and flop is K-8-8, he checks i bet he calls K-8-8-3 he checks i bet he calls K-8-8-3-9 he goes allin lol. happened to me loads recently, they check call alway down then bet massive.

Comments

• Options
    beanehbeaneh Member Posts: 4,079
    edited April 2010
    yeah trips eights does that.
  • Options
    DeucesLiveDeucesLive Member Posts: 839
    edited April 2010
    Depends on whether they're being clever and reading the table. If I see a guy is raising all the time (which is good play, don't get me wrong) and I hit a hand- there's every chance I'll slow right down and just flat his bets, since I know he's making them. Of course, what isn't so good is the guys who will call any bet with zero hand and zero outs and end up with runner runner for trips or something. But you're always gonna get them and more often than not, they're paying you rather than the other way round- so hey, it's all good. Those players are to be desired.

Hitting river cards only helps for so long, and if you've been done by a slowplay- maybe you should be careful about being predictable with raises, and mix it up a little.
  • Options
    scotty77scotty77 Member Posts: 4,970
    edited April 2010
    doesn't seem like a new trend to me.  seems like how a donk has played 8x since forever tbh
  • Options
    TommyDTommyD Member Posts: 4,389
    edited April 2010
    There has been a similar trend that people have been over-using/misusing.  It's the Isuldir1 trend.  During his up swing he made a lot of money checking flops and turns when his hand crushed Durrrr's upper end of his hand range.  Then he would over bet the river.  It worked for a good while and a good run and seems to have become a trend that, as I say, has been mimicked to differing levels of accuracy and success.
  • Options
    LOL_RAISELOL_RAISE Member Posts: 2,188
    edited April 2010
    i think there is a higher change of lionel messi going on a free transfer to portsmouth than that sky players are analysing isildur's play HU v deep with durrrr and applying it to these games
  • Options
    BADBOY985BADBOY985 Member Posts: 1,957
    edited April 2010
    In Response to Re: the new trend:
    i think there is a higher change of lionel messi going on a free transfer to portsmouth than that sky players are analysing isildur's play HU v deep with durrrr and applying it to these games
    Posted by LOL_RAISE
    OH NO THE SECRETS OUT, HE WAS SPOTTED IN TIGER TIGER ON GUNWHARF KEYS SATURDAY NIGHT. AVRAM APARATNLY TOOK HIM FOR A "STRESS RELIEVING MASSAGE" AFTER. NOW HES HOUSE HUNTING IN LEIGH PARK