You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Ok, Yuk!

DOHHHHHHHDOHHHHHHH Member Posts: 17,927
edited April 2010 in The Poker Clinic

Been playing with this guy a while - not really noticed him - So obviously hasn't gotten out of line.

Pretty sure he has the flush - can you fold here? - or is it like the KK pre flop debate where you 'know' - but still dont fold?

Still £38 behind.....

PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
KENDO60 Small blind  £0.25 £0.25 £95.01
-bogie- Big blind  £0.50 £0.75 £160.82
  Your hole cards
  • Q

Eagle26 Fold     
DOHHHHHHH Raise  £2.00 £2.75 £60.50
Black_Kite Fold     
bullabbo Fold     
KENDO60 Call  £1.75 £4.50 £93.26
-bogie- Call  £1.50 £6.00 £159.32
Flop

KENDO60 Check     
-bogie- Bet  £2.00 £8.00 £157.32
DOHHHHHHH Raise  £6.50 £14.50 £54.00
KENDO60 Call  £6.50 £21.00 £86.76
-bogie- Call  £4.50 £25.50 £152.82
Turn

KENDO60 Check     
-bogie- Check     
DOHHHHHHH Bet  £15.50 £41.00 £38.50
KENDO60 Raise  £31.00 £72.00 £55.76

Comments

• Options
    luvBWFCluvBWFC Member Posts: 763
    edited April 2010
    i cant fold here. If he has A or K flush (or god forbid the str8 flush), he gets paid.

He could be putting you on an overpair or an AK type hand and be representing the flush. He could even have made a str8, or a lower flush.
  • Options
    luvBWFCluvBWFC Member Posts: 763
    edited April 2010
    whats your image on the table? If you have come across as aggressive, these could be seen as just continuation bets, so the guy thinks you are bluffing and is testing you.
  • Options
    edited April 2010

Im just trying to establish, if this is really just a sick deck - or If I'm just kidding myself and not being honest that Im leaking money in these situations.

Obv I play alot of hands - so Im gonna get "more of everything" - more of these situations - need to be honest with myself in order to improve......

all the other flush hands that he'd play pre flop, 67s, 78s, 9Ts, - those cards are already out so he never has a lower flush.

I also have 2 outs to the S-F! lol

Straw clutching?

:
  • Options
    CowgomooCowgomoo Member Posts: 749
    edited April 2010
    Do Not Fold.
  • Options
    crow01crow01 Member Posts: 163
    edited April 2010
    SHOVE, cant be worried about the two clubs left that can beat you......
  • Options
    beanehbeaneh Member Posts: 4,079
    edited April 2010
    In Response to Re: Ok, Yuk!:
    Im just trying to establish, if this is really just a sick deck - or If I'm just kidding myself and not being honest that Im leaking money in these situations. Obv I play alot of hands - so Im gonna get "more of everything" - more of these situations - need to be honest with myself in order to improve...... all the other flush hands that he'd play pre flop, 67s, 78s, 9Ts, - those cards are already out so he never has a lower flush. I also have 2 outs to the S-F! lol Straw clutching? :
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH

Why did you raise the flop on a draw you didn't want to stack off with when you hit?
  • Options
    edited April 2010

Well Im semi - bluffing the flop. punishing the "donk bet", the guy who is left in the pot check, called the flop which screams DRAW.

I have alot more information about the opponents hand at the point I cut off the hand history, than I did when I raised the flop. 

The flop raise also disguises my hand, so leading the turn is for value. 

Then he snap min raises......Which just looks like the nuts, esp against a tightish player (altho no concrete reads)....

We're deep enough at the start of the hand for me to be able to ask questions with the chips, and i have enough behind to listen to the answers. 

Obviously I did stack off with it, ran into the king flush (he took ages to call so maybe abit paranoid himself) or just enjoying his moment. 

Just felt like one of those KK v AA pre flop hands - were u "know" - but lose the lot anyway.

Neway thanx 4 replies

• Options
    DeuceAK_47DeuceAK_47 Member Posts: 381
    edited April 2010

Without concrete reads i dont think we can fold this hand although i think its quite close ,(the same as folding kk pre) I agree with your hand analysis and if you folded this hand in the heat of the moment i would not be criticizing you for it lol.....i would probably be pretty impressed :-)
  • Options
    scrumdownscrumdown Member Posts: 1,609
    edited April 2010
    dohhhhh u raised  pre flop with a drawing  hand  u hit big on the turn no way u can fold what  was the point in playing them  only ak cant beat  pump it
  • Options
    ChirpyChipChirpyChip Member Posts: 556
    edited April 2010
    Long-term you will win more calling in that spot than folding, but you can't really fold anyways if you raises the flop to fold when you make your hand... Ul though D'oh
  • Options
    OMahonyOOMahonyO Member Posts: 1,883
    edited April 2010
    dohhh, i woudl be getting my stack in here with a lot more confidence than that kk scernario
  • Options
    hurst05hurst05 Member Posts: 1,567
    edited April 2010
    In Response to Re: Ok, Yuk!:
    dohhhhh u raised  pre flop with a drawing  hand  u hit big on the turn no way u can fold what  was the point in playing them  only ak cant beat  pump it
    Posted by scrumdown
    isnt true though isit, he was losing to k-2 of clubs, still wouldnt fold ul
  • Options
    CLIOKIDCLIOKID Member Posts: 783
    edited April 2010
    Am i the only one who might occassionally check behind in this spot on the turn?
  • Options
    offshootoffshoot Member Posts: 1,049
    edited April 2010
    meh, i disagree with the logic that we cant fold now weve hit our hand after raising the flop. I definitely wouldnt consider it a bad fold but i doubt i would be able to make it myself.

• Options
    pr1nnyraidpr1nnyraid Member Posts: 495
    edited April 2010

the line kendo took here is rarely if ever a bluff at 50nl.. check calling a donk bet that gets raised by pfr, in order to check raise the turn on a bluff?? i doubt it, he def thinks he is vbetting, but you can beat enough of his VB range (your image is also gonna have a big impact on his range aswell, the more aggressive you have been playing the wider you can call off) to make the call here, ur nearly getting 2-1.