You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Omaha...

Lilly-106Lilly-106 Member Posts: 8
edited July 2009 in Community Suggestions
I would really like to see the addition of Omaha cash tables added to the site. Omaha is a game I really enjoy, more so than Hold'em. I play it a lot on other poker sites and personally have more succes than normal Hold'em...

For those of you that haven't heard of Omaha (and therefore must live on another planet), it's virtually the same as Hold'em, the only difference being you are dealt 4 hole cards rather than the standard 2. This means that instead of hands like a flush beating a straight, in Omaha your more likely to have full houses being beaten by quads, as having more cards available to you brings more opportunities for massive hands. 

The only problem with being dealt 4 cards is you can only use 2 of them. So being dealt A K Q J of spades isn't as good as AK double suited. Hands like 3 4 J 10 are also worth a little bet as you have up and down flush and straight opportunities. It's something you learn quickly and can be very profitable.

There are two kinds of Omaha games. The standard version (and the one I paly) is called Omaha High. Which is no different to Hold'em, the highest or biggest hand wins. There is also what is known as Omaha High/Low where any card as an 8 or lower, contributes to the LOW hand. 9 and higher contributes to the HIGH hand. So even if you don't have an excellent hand, you could still win half the pot with a higher combination of LOW cards. Omaha High/Low gives me headaches, just as you are reading the rules. Stick to High only before dabbling in HIgh/Low madness.

Just want to know what everyone else thinks.... I really do believe it could be a very popular addition to the site...

Comments

• Options
    fingers615fingers615 Member Posts: 154
    edited July 2009
    Good post Lilly. I really enjoy Omaha as well its a great game, although you do have to keep your wits about you. I'm sure i read somewhere on the forum that Sky are looking to introduce it to the site in the near future. Think it was in a post by Mr Orford though, so who knows. Good luck at the tables
  • Options
    JAMIEPJAMIEP Member Posts: 218
    edited July 2009
    Hi lilly i aksed about this a while ago they are working on it and it will be standard plo i hope.