You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

The Aces

Ozzie08Ozzie08 Member Posts: 963
edited May 2010 in The Poker Clinic
Hi guys/gals just looking for some feedback on how i played this hand

Id never come across the player before so i didnt havent any reads on them. I bet out on the flop, this could of been a bit bigger but i had the back up of the A dimonds,

Now the turn i decided to bet out even after the J pairing, is this a bet i should be making or should i be checking here?. I decided to bet again because i had the re draw with dimonds if the player had made trips.

So my Q is do you like my bet on the turn, or is this a spot we just check call

Thanx for your time guys/gals

Ozzie
JADEN Small blind  £0.20 £0.20 £16.39
PayOffWiza Big blind  £0.40 £0.60 £51.89
  Your hole cards
  • A
  • A

renioj Fold     
Ozzie08 Raise  £1.20 £1.80 £35.08
xxxx Call  £1.20 £3.00 £57.09
doods Fold     
JADEN Fold     
PayOffWiza Call  £0.80 £3.80 £51.09
Flop

• J

PayOffWiza Check     
Ozzie08 Bet  £2.00 £5.80 £33.08
xxxxx Call  £2.00 £7.80 £55.09
PayOffWiza Fold     
Turn

• J

Ozzie08 Bet  £3.90 £11.70 £29.18
xxxxxxCall  £3.90 £15.60 £51.19
River

Ozzie08 Bet  £11.20 £26.80 £17.98
xxxxxx Raise  £22.40 £49.20 £28.79
Ozzie08 All-in  £17.98 £67.18 £0.00
xxxxxx Call  £6.78 £73.96 £22.01
Ozzie08 Show
  • A
  • A

xxxxxxShow
  • J

xxxxxx Win Full House, Jacks and 9s £72.16  £94.17

Comments

• Options
    scotty77scotty77 Member Posts: 4,970
    edited April 2010
    You played it fine.
  • Options
    CowgomooCowgomoo Member Posts: 749
    edited May 2010
    In Response to Re: The Aces:
    You played it fine.
    Posted by scotty77
    Cowgomoo likes this.
  • Options
    BlackFish3BlackFish3 Member Posts: 2,418
    edited May 2010
    In Response to Re: The Aces : Cowgomoo likes this.
    Posted by Cowgomoo
    Does Cowgomoo always talk in the 3rd person?
  • Options
    ChirpyChipChirpyChip Member Posts: 556
    edited May 2010
    Played it perfect to be fair
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    What do people think about check calling the turn? I think that's what i would of done.
  • Options
    Strat91Strat91 Member Posts: 112
    edited May 2010
    What do people think about check calling the turn? I think that's what i would of done.
    Posted by BlackFish3
    WHILE YOUR AT IT WHY DONT YOU JUST WRITE IN THE CHAT BOX "IM ON THE FLUSH DRAW WITH THE A or K OF DIAMONDS.
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Thanx for the replies guys,

Hey blackfish the reason i posted this is beacuse a guy on the table said i should of checked/called the Turn, so i thought i would see wot other people thought about the idea
  • Options
    zingzing Member Posts: 333
    edited May 2010
    flop bet is too small.

turn is close between check/call or betting depending on how wide you think his range is.
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    I guess either a check call or bet is fine then. Both have their advantages and disadvantages. It's the flop bet as said by others that imo is bad because it's just so small. Half pot on that disgusting flop.
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    I guess either a check call or bet is fine then. Both have their advantages and disadvantages. It's the flop bet as said by others that imo is bad because it's just so small. Half pot on that disgusting flop.
    Posted by BlackFish3
    i dont think the flop bet is an issue considering we have the Ad for the redraw.

if the flop was J T 8 with 2 spades then the flop bet would be a problem.

EDIT:  and I think that checking turn is bad.  there are so many hands that the villain could have that we are ahead of and we can get value from.  KdT plays this the same.  KQ with one diamond plays the same. 

actually at this level then Tx still calls.

we are only 90bb deep so we don't need to pot control.  we need to bet bet bet and get value.
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Thats my thinking on the flop scotty i have the re draw for the dimonds so i want 2 try and keep this guy involved, while building the pot
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    But doesn't a turn bet fold out almost all of the hands we have beat?
    If i checked the turn I would expect them to be betting like 100% of the time. So if they KTdd then they might bet to make Ad pay for the draw. So If we check called we still get value on turn from hands we beat that have bet and we get value from some bluffs.
  • Options
    Strat91Strat91 Member Posts: 112
    edited May 2010
    In Response to Re: The Aces : i dont think the flop bet is an issue considering we have the Ad for the redraw. if the flop was J T 8 with 2 spades then the flop bet would be a problem. EDIT:  and I think that checking turn is bad.  there are so many hands that the villain could have that we are ahead of and we can get value from.  KdT plays this the same.  KQ with one diamond plays the same.  actually at this level then Tx still calls. we are only 90bb deep so we don't need to pot control.  we need to bet bet bet and get value.
    Posted by scotty77
    I pretty much said exactly the same thing to Blackfish last night...
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    In Response to Re: The Aces : I pretty much said exactly the same thing to Blackfish last night...
    Posted by Strat91
    And then gave up because I put a strong argument up for check calling :)
    I personally think either option is fine, but I prefer the check call because I feel like generally we will only get called by a hand that beats us. But if they will call down with a ten then you should 'bet, bet, bet' as scotty said. So I guess its kinda opponent dependant.

Strat why aint u on msn btw? Im bored.
  • Options
    beanehbeaneh Member Posts: 4,079
    edited May 2010
    Posted by BlackFish3

I think betting is best, I would prefer to bet more on the turn too.
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    But doesn't a turn bet fold out almost all of the hands we have beat? If i checked the turn I would expect them to be betting like 100% of the time. So if they KTdd then they might bet to make Ad pay for the draw. So If we check called we still get value on turn from hands we beat that have bet and we get value from some bluffs.
    Posted by BlackFish3

how many randoms are floating flops at 40nl with total air on an all diamond board?