You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Is sky poker a real poker site??

S-KamalotS-Kamalot Member Posts: 20
edited May 2010 in Community Help & Advice
Then why cant I play on it!!!!!!!!!!!!!?

Joined earlier this year, played my month to get points but after that ive been playing only on n off as I cant take the probs when I play.
Hadnt played cash for a while so joined table little earlier, was going ok, so joined another, in mini view, lost buy in early, added more and as game started to go my way, doubled up twice, it stalls as i get good hands on both tables!!! one table was over the other and i couldnt call the raises on both, with poss winning hands!! Timed out n sat out.
FUMMING!!!!  
If this was a cartoon id have steam comming from my ears and it would be funny!  IT ISNT!!!
Prob get someone blaming my comp or net,  my nets fine and ive been playing a better site/s with up to 5 tables open without the slightest glitch!?!

I couldnt play if I wanted to... not here anyway!!!!!!

Comments

• diablo_pezdiablo_pez Member Posts: 1,392
    edited April 2010
    lol...join the club...i can have one table open if i'm lucky

Full Tilt runs 4 tables smooth as silk

?
  • loza666loza666 Member Posts: 141
    edited May 2010
    In Response to Re: Is sky poker a real poker site??:
    lol...join the club...i can have one table open if i'm lucky Full Tilt runs 4 tables smooth as silk ?
    Posted by diablo_pez
    i had 3 tournys in one on here the other day, and that didnt work out, 3rd one took about 30mins to load, then they crashed every 2mins ons average i guess, had to go all in and hope i lose on one table as it works fine with 2, but just not 3 :( wasted 5.50 buy in lol.
  • oynutteroynutter Member Posts: 4,773
    edited May 2010
    don't worry lads, there's some concrete news coming soon
  • Sky_RichSky_Rich Member Posts: 3,837
    edited May 2010
    In Response to Is sky poker a real poker site??:
    Then why cant I play on it!!!!!!!!!!!!!? Joined earlier this year, played my month to get points but after that ive been playing only on n off as I cant take the probs when I play. Hadnt played cash for a while so joined table little earlier, was going ok, so joined another, in mini view, lost buy in early, added more and as game started to go my way, doubled up twice, it stalls as i get good hands on both tables!!! one table was over the other and i couldnt call the raises on both, with poss winning hands!! Timed out n sat out. FUMMING!!!!    If this was a cartoon id have steam comming from my ears and it would be funny!  IT ISNT!!! Prob get someone blaming my comp or net,  my nets fine and ive been playing a better site /s with up to 5 tables open without the slightest glitch!?! I couldnt play if I wanted to... not here anyway!!!!!!
    Posted by S-Kamalot

Hey there,

I'm really sorry to hear your having such problems with the site. I'll pass this thread on to the rest of the team and we'll try and get some personal advice posted for you. Hopefully this will help get to to the bottom of your issues and allow you to enjoy playing on the tables.

all the best,

Rich
  • ajs4385ajs4385 Member Posts: 455
    edited May 2010
    Problem your having is your computers are ancient or extremly cheap ones. I ten table sky 6 nights a week with no probs whatsoever.
    edited May 2010
    That wouldn't explain why other poker sites work fine though :)

So, in short, it's up to us, the customer, to make sure we have the best equipment so that Sky Poker works properly, and not upto Sky Poker to sort out software that actually works for everyone....i see now, silly me
  • oynutteroynutter Member Posts: 4,773
    edited May 2010
    Problem your having is your computers are ancient or extremly cheap ones. I ten table sky 6 nights a week with no probs whatsoever.
    Posted by ajs4385
    why the flop do you bother posting that you don't have any problems playing, this is a thread for people that are having problems, do you think they really need to know that you don't have any----durrrrrr

" I ten table six nights a week"---so the flup what!!!--- The people in this section are looking for answers, not smug little comments about cheap computers!!--- Every other site works properly on any computer, because they have a downloadable client that is not resource intensive, and does not place high demands on your processor or your connection speed-- Sky are due to release a download soon, so that these problems will be solved.

This section is for people having technical issues, why not open your own section called "I don't have any problems, ner ner na ner ner"---?
    edited May 2010
    In Response to Re: Is sky poker a real poker site?? : why the flop do you bother posting that you don't have any problems playing, this is a thread for people that are having problems, do you think they really need to know that you don't have any----durrrrrr  " I ten table six nights a week"---so the flup what!!!--- The people in this section are looking for answers, not smug little comments about cheap computers!!--- Every other site works properly on any computer, because they have a downloadable client that is not resource intensive, and does not place high demands on your processor or your connection speed-- Sky are due to release a download soon, so that these problems will be solved.  This section is for people having technical issues, why not open your own section called "I don't have any problems, ner ner na ner ner"---?
    Posted by oynutter
    lol !!

;)
  • ajs4385ajs4385 Member Posts: 455
    edited May 2010
    I am not trying to be smug or anything like that. All I am saying (for the 50th time) is that Sky software takes more of your hardware up than other sites as its through a browser (Advantage being no download, which a lot of people like). So you have two options buy a decent PC or carry on moaning.

Simple.

A certain player used to be a big moaner about this, then guess what he bought a decent PC and he actually said to me AJS you where right.

Just trying to help you guys, its up to you if you take my advice.
  • Sky_RichSky_Rich Member Posts: 3,837
    edited May 2010
    Have a look at the below which has been posted elsewhere...

some of the content may not be relevant but hopefully the advice and explanation will go some way to helping you understand your problems.

Thanks.

"

The cause of the ‘adobe script error’ is in itself very simple, it’s seen when your PC Processor overloads whilst running flash based programs, causing the flash to slow down and crash. The same will happen when running ANY flash based program, E.G. Youtube, when your processor overloads.

The problem with these queries is the question ‘what caused the pc processor to overload?’ It is impossible for us to give a definite answer, although we can advise that any process running on the PC (which could include hidden processes running in the background) that use up processor power, will contribute to error, the severity is clearly dependant on the pc’s overall capacity

E.G:

• Running other flash programs (multi-tabling, youtube etc)
    • User running other non-flash programs simultaneously
    • Hidden processes running in the background E.G. data fragmentation, scheduled viral scans
    • Toolbars (It has been commented by customers on previous threads that google toolbar is particularly intensive on your processor – I can’t prove or deny this in any way)
    • Operating system (VISTA is particularly processor intensive we believe)
    • Web Browser (the optimum browser varies for different users, we can’t just say Firefox or Chrome etc is the best)
    • Basically any program ever written for a PC that

Clearly the higher the spec of your PC – the less (or indeed any) of the above matter and vice versa. It has been proven that players can play 16 tables simultaneously on Sky Poker without ever getting this error – that’s simply because their processor can handle it all."