You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Mike "Timex" McDonald's 10 online MTT tips

JAEGERBOMBJAEGERBOMB Member Posts: 1,516
edited May 2010 in The Poker Clinic
1. Loosen up.

typical poker advice is that when people play loose you should play tight and when people tighten up you should play looser

2. Never Stop Thinking

if you get into a groove of wat you think standard play, your never going to improve.....you have to keep thinking, adjusting and maintaining aggression at right times

3. Prey on players looking to cash

So many players play uber-tight as bubble approaches, so look to take their blinds or take pots on flop

4. Dont be afraid to play post-flop.

people are too inclined to play pre-flop once blinds get high

5. Be aware of the pay-outs

6. Dont fret about the chip lead

7. Target other big stacks

8. Try to keep it simple

9. Experiment with raise sizes.
never underestimate the power of the min-raise as blinds go up

10. dont focus on results.

so many good players, you cant win every tourny, esp wen card dead

For those that dont know, Mike McDonald is 1 of the top online MTT players in the world at the tennder age of 20 he's already thinking of retiring from poker lol

right, time for me to donk out 499th out of 500 later

Comments

• Options
    robcrobc Member Posts: 521
    edited May 2010
    good post mate i always find its worth going over these tips now and again as it reminds you of the basics and sometimes gives you something new to try. i like 9. about the min raise when the blinds goes up it took me ages to try this and it is just as affective as shoving a lot of the time. 

Im 20 and cant imajine what it would be like to be thinkin about retirement lol
  • Options
    kirstiikirstii Member Posts: 787
    edited May 2010
    In Response to Mike "Timex" McDonald's 10 online MTT tips:
    1. Loosen up. typical poker advice is that when people play loose you should play tight and when people tighten up you should play looser 2. Never Stop Thinking if you get into a groove of wat you think standard play, your never going to improve.....you have to keep thinking, adjusting and maintaining aggression at right times 3. Prey on players looking to cash So many players play uber-tight as bubble approaches, so look to take their blinds or take pots on flop 4. Dont be afraid to play post-flop. people are too inclined to play pre-flop once blinds get high 5. Be aware of the pay-outs 6. Dont fret about the chip lead 7. Target other big stacks 8. Try to keep it simple 9. Experiment with raise sizes. never underestimate the power of the min-raise as blinds go up 10. dont focus on results. so many good players, you cant win every tourny, esp wen card dead For those that dont know, Mike McDonald is 1 of the top online MTT players in the world at the tennder age of 20 he's already thinking of retiring from poker lol right, time for me to donk out 499th out of 500 later
    Posted by JAEGERBOMB
    Copyright Poker Player Magazine May 2010 lol
  • Options
    robcrobc Member Posts: 521
    edited May 2010
    Lol i just noticed that