You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

BlackFish3BlackFish3 Member Posts: 2,418
edited May 2010 in The Poker Clinic
Rush poker... i.e readless

10NL, effective stacks 110BB

UTG +1 raise to 35
Folded round to me in the SB with 77
I call
BB folds
Pot is 0.80

Flop TK9 (rainbow)
I check
UTG+1 bets 40 (half pot)
I raise to 1.30
UTG+1 calls
Pot 3.40

Turn 7
I bet 2.20
UTG+1 calls
Pot 7.80

River 8 making the board TK978
I have 7.32

What do i do here?
Stopper bet fold?
Check fold?
Check call?
Bet fold?
Bet and get it all in?

Comments

• Options
    loza666loza666 Member Posts: 141
    edited May 2010
    In Response to 77:
    Rush poker... i.e readless 10NL, effective stacks 110BB UTG +1 raise to 35 Folded round to me in the SB with 77 I call BB folds Pot is 0.80 Flop TK9 (rainbow) I check UTG+1 bets 40 (half pot) I raise to 1.30 UTG+1 calls Pot 3.40 Turn 7 I bet 2.20 UTG+1 calls Pot 7.80 River 8 making the board TK978 I have 7.32 What do i do here? Stopper bet fold? Check fold? Check call? Bet fold? Bet and get it all in?
    Posted by BlackFish3
    i think he has A10, nothing much better, but id check, and i think he would take a bluff at it knowing his hand isn't good and i would call any bet
    p.s. i don't like small pp's on 3 overcard flops so woteva happens i just fold, but u made ur play and caught a lucky turn so it seems to have worked out, and altho the river is a scare card, i wouldn't put him on the J and very unlikely a 6 so i'd check call.
  • Options
    loza666loza666 Member Posts: 141
    edited May 2010
    In Response to Re: 77:
    In Response to 77 : i think he has A10, nothing much better, but id check, and i think he would take a bluff at it knowing his hand isn't good and i would call any bet p.s. i don't like small pp's on 3 overcard flops so woteva happens i just fold, but u made ur play and caught a lucky turn so it seems to have worked out, and altho the river is a scare card, i wouldn't put him on the J and very unlikely a 6 so i'd check call.
    Posted by loza666
    this way...even if he checks back and you win, any bet you make he would fold anyway so i'd say this is the best way to play it.
  • Options
    OMahonyOOMahonyO Member Posts: 1,883
    edited May 2010
    i didnt trraes it as it looks ;like  abit too much for my brain to handle what with all this f_kin booooze.   i will comment in the morning. actually prob in a couyole of days..........
  • Options
    philmenowphilmenow Member Posts: 617
    edited May 2010
    get it in man..hes got some king,lo-mid kikka,maybe even 2 prs..figure if ur playin 77 and u make ur set,what more do u want..if hes made a str8, so be it..
  • Options
    Strat91Strat91 Member Posts: 112
    edited May 2010
    get it in man..hes got some king,lo-mid kikka,but not 2 prs..figure if ur playin 77 and u make ur set,what more do u want..if hes made a str8, so be it..
    Posted by philmenow
    You have a problem.. You get it in on the river and only a straight can call you.
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    In Response to Re: 77 : You have a problem.. You get it in on the river and only a straight can call you.
    Posted by Strat91
    no problem here,sure it looks like hes trying to catch something, or hes hit in some way and hes not that strong,maybe should bang it allin once the set is made..this is rush poker so cud be playin any mukk,..if blackfish checks it looks weak and chances are he'll fold to a bet,if he bets half pot and is raised(he might aswell have shoved it in).
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    so what was the outcome blackfish?
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    In Response to Re: 77 : no problem here,sure it looks like hes trying to catch something, or hes hit in some way and hes not that strong,maybe should bang it allin once the set is made..this is rush poker so cud be playin any mukk,..if blackfish checks it looks weak and chances are he'll fold to a bet,if he bets half pot and is raised(he might aswell have shoved it in).
    Posted by philmenow
    I'd just like to point out you wrote "no problem here" and just dismissed my problem without stating how its not a problem. And if you missed "the problem" it was if blackfish shoves the river only a straight can call.
     And then you say get it in on the turn, so you want him to bet $8 in to a $3.40 pot. nice one! Oh and I didnt say bet half pot on river. Read my post next time.
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    In Response to Re: 77 : I'd just like to point out you wrote "no problem here" and just dismissed my problem without stating how its not a problem. And if you missed "the problem" it was if blackfish shoves the river only a straight can call.  And then you say get it in on the turn, so you want him to bet $8 in to a $3.40 pot. nice one! Oh and I didnt say bet half pot on river. Read my post next time.
    Posted by Strat91
    surely winning 3.40 is better than putting himself in the position that he is now in..? IF oppo has made a str8 then its unfortunate,but he may have made 2 prs and could possibly call(thinkin BF is repping the str8)..its never as clear-cut as you say...im often called with lesser hands..i didnt say u said bet half pot(i was suggesting that amount),but what should he bet..?
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    In Response to Re: 77 : surely winning 3.40 is better than putting himself in the position that he is now in..? IF oppo has made a str8 then its unfortunate,but he may have made 2 prs and could possibly call(thinkin BF is repping the str8)..its never as clear-cut as you say...im often called with lesser hands..i didnt say u said bet half pot(i was suggesting that amount),but what should he bet..?
    Posted by philmenow
    I agree it's not clear cut but I don't think either putting $8 into $3.40 with a set is the way to go about it. You lose so much value. And also all in on the river your getting called by a straight a very rarely getting called by 2 pair. You cant thin value bet/stopper bet the river as you have to fold to a shove and if any one stopper bets me on that board on the river im jamming with any 2. I check call river. Most times he checks his top pair or 2 pair behind and you take it down. Other times he bluffs river and you call take it down. Other times he has the straight you call and lose.

I'd like other peoples opinion on this please..
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    In Response to Re: 77 : I agree it's not clear cut but I don't think either putting $8 into $3.40 with a set is the way to go about it. You lose so much value. And also all in on the river your getting called by a straight a very rarely getting called by 2 pair. You cant thin value bet/stopper bet the river as you have to fold to a shove and if any one stopper bets me on that board on the river im jamming with any 2. I check call river. Most times he checks his top pair or 2 pair behind and you take it down. Other times he bluffs river and you call take it down. Other times he has the straight you call and lose. I'd like other peoples opinion on this please..
    Posted by Strat91
    fair points..altho if oppo thinks his AK/k10 is winning when the 7 comes on turn,hes probly callin to an all-in..theres plenty of value there..and no tricky situation,or any other loss, if he folds.
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    In Response to Re: 77 : fair points..altho if oppo thinks his AK/k10 is winning when the 7 comes on turn,hes probly callin to an all-in..theres plenty of value there..and no tricky situation,or any other loss, if he folds.
    Posted by philmenow
    Lol are you kidding me. AK almost NEVER calls $8 into $3.40 there. And he shouldnt show up with K10 as if he has K10 hes getting it all in on the flop after Blackfish's check raise. 
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    In Response to Re: 77 : Lol are you kidding me. AK almost NEVER calls $8 into $3.40 there. And he shouldnt show up with K10 as if he has K10 hes getting it all in on the flop after Blackfish's check raise. 
    Posted by Strat91
    this is penny level poker,not top draw poker..2 prs here is lookin like a monster,specially when the 7 comes. he'd be looking to maximise his value..even top pair top kikka(to alot at this level)is looking pretty sparkly..
  • Options
    edited May 2010

Okay you keep shoving your $8 into a $3.40 pot because your scared a draw might get there. Im done with this now.

• Options
    edited May 2010
    Okay you keep shoving your $8 into a $3.40 pot because your scared a draw might get there. Im done with this now.
    Posted by Strat91
    fair enuff
  • Options
    lynx3ffectlynx3ffect Member Posts: 452
    edited May 2010
    you cant bet fold or stopper bet, u dont have enuf back

check/call , ur only really losing to KJ

bet more on turn and dont raise these flops in rp :)