You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

AK

BlackFish3BlackFish3 Member Posts: 2,418
edited May 2010 in The Poker Clinic
Rush poker... i.e readless

10NL, effective stacks 100BB

UTG Raises 2x to 20
UTG+1 Calls
Folded round to me in the BB with AKs
I raise to 90
Both call
Pot is 2.75

Flop 5K8 (2 hearts)
I bet 2.20
UTG+1 calls
Pot is 7.15

Turn T (3rd heart)
I have 7.15 and the pot is also 7.15...

What is the best play here?
Check fold?
Check call?
Check raise all in?
Shove turn?
Bet fold?
Bet and get it all in?

Comments

• Options
    Strat91Strat91 Member Posts: 112
    edited May 2010
    In Response to AK:
    Rush poker... i.e readless 10NL, effective stacks 100BB UTG Raises 2x to 20 UTG+1 Calls Folded round to me in the BB with AKs I raise to 90 Both call Pot is 2.75 Flop 5K8 (2 hearts) I bet 2.20 UTG+1 calls Pot is 7.15 Turn T (3rd heart) I have 7.15 and the pot is also 7.15... What is the best play here? Check fold? Check call? Check raise all in? Shove turn? Bet fold? Bet and get it all in?
    Posted by BlackFish3
    Im still betting the turn about 2/3 and commiting myself. He could have AK,KQ,KJ,77,99,1010,JJ,QQ  all that you beat. More often than not hes got any of the listed above rather than the flush, K10 or flopped set.
  • Options
    Dudeskin8Dudeskin8 Member Posts: 6,228
    edited May 2010
    Defo check fold. I would also bet the pot on that flop especially as your OOP. Also when you write AKs, I presume you haven't got hearts ?
  • Options
    tregesea31tregesea31 Member Posts: 13
    edited May 2010
    I would say that a flush is unlikely. The main thing to look for would probably be a set or 2 pair K T. Difficult to say what to do but I would have to check call and try and maintain some kind of pot control. You can t just lie down all the time which is why I am very unsuccessfull. Keep the faith.
  • Options
    lynx3ffectlynx3ffect Member Posts: 452
    edited May 2010
    raise more pre, bet more on flop, then u have easy shove on turn

as played bet fold turn
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    In Response to Re: AK:
    raise more pre, bet more on flop, then u have easy shove on turn as played bet fold turn
    Posted by lynx3ffect
    I think my 3 bet size is fine pre tbh, 9BBs, but what would you suggest as an alternative after a min raise and caller?

Yea i should of bet a little bit more on flop, I did bet like 3/4 pot or something though so wouldn't of mattered that much, just a lil bit more value obvs.

Can we bet fold turn? The pot is the same size as my stack on the turn so any bet surely commits us to the hand? Hence the problem... otherwise it would be an easy bet fold spot.
  • Options
    lynx3ffectlynx3ffect Member Posts: 452
    edited May 2010
    In Response to Re: AK:
    In Response to Re: AK : I think my 3 bet size is fine pre tbh, 9BBs, but what would you suggest as an alternative after a min raise and caller? Yea i should of bet a little bit more on flop, I did bet like 3/4 pot or something though so wouldn't of mattered that much, just a lil bit more value obvs. Can we bet fold turn? The pot is the same size as my stack on the turn so any bet surely commits us to the hand? Hence the problem... otherwise it would be an easy bet fold spot.
    Posted by BlackFish3

already 5.5bb in the pot tho, i make it 1.1 pre, then pot mash flop for 3 and ship turn

ur right, sorry, cant really bet fold turn with ur stack, guess u ship it in, bit like your other hand with KK, need to bet more to setup turn shoves in these situations....
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Yea i think your right. I should just start potting these sorts of flops. Cheers dude.