You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

UNWANTED MESSAGES

penguin7penguin7 Member Posts: 1,095
edited May 2010 in Community Help & Advice

I am currently getting the popup reminder for tonights Vegas reminder every 10 seconds. This makes it very difficult to post on forum, as the message will not delete when I am trying to write a post.

Not the first time I have had this problem, it is worse when I am using my normal Firefox. To write this at all I have had to log in again through IE. Am I missing something simple here ?

Comments

• Sky_RichSky_Rich Member Posts: 3,837
    edited May 2010
    Hi Penguin,

Are you referring to the yellow scrolling messages at the top, or the blue boxed messages that appear in the middle of the screen?

another quick one - when you're not in the middle of typing a post have you ever tried to get rid of these messages? if so, do you have the same outcome?

Thanks mate,

Rich
  • penguin7penguin7 Member Posts: 1,095
    edited May 2010
    Hi Rich.

No probs with the yellow scroll.

Its the blue box in the middle. Usually clicking "done " will get rid of it, but it will reappear within seconds. When posting on forum, clicking "done" often has no effect, so I have to log out and back in.
    edited May 2010
    In Response to Re: UNWANTED MESSAGES:
    Hi Rich. No probs with the yellow scroll. Its the blue box in the middle. Usually clicking "done " will get rid of it, but it will reappear within seconds. When posting on forum, clicking "done" often has no effect, so I have to log out and back in.
    Posted by penguin7

Ah yes, i've experienced that problem personally. Thanks for the info. i suspect there is a JavaScript clash causing this error (the pop-up and the forum) but my technical knowledge isn't the best.

I'll send this over to the guys for them to take a look at.

Thanks again.
    edited May 2010
    a quick update from the team for you...

There is a known issue with firefox and pop-ups. this is currently being investigated.

a quick tip that may help with the frequency of these pop-ups... is to go into your internet options and make sure your browser is excepting cookies from sites. making sure this option is ticked will help our system remember you've seen the message and stop firing new ones at you.

let me know how you get on.