You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Badly needed advice

jaggedjagged Member Posts: 9
edited May 2010 in The Poker Clinic
try playing dyms.

ive not been running good over the last week so ive gone back to dyms as theres a much better chance of winning than cash and mtts.

try some low stakes just to get some confidance back.

Comments

• Options
    jaggedjagged Member Posts: 9
    edited May 2010
    Hi everyone, just wanted some advice from the rest of the community really. I'm suffering a little at the moment when it comes to playing poker. Next to nothing seems to be going for me( and no, i'm not blaming sky for this) at the moment and its starting to play on my mind a little too. I'm trying to play my normal game but with the way things are i find myself not playing hands as aggressively as i would normally. I'm not gonna give you any hands as an example but do i stop playing for a while,say a month or so and come back refreshed and raring to go or do i stick at it and wait for things to turn around? I know we've all been through this and i'm hardly an exception but could really use some input on this
  • Options
    silentbobsilentbob Member Posts: 2,137
    edited May 2010
    Hey jagged

Personally I stop playing for a bit. Sometimes only a few days, sometimes longer but the important thing if you do take a break is not to come back until you feel you're ready to go again. I did it a while back, was running really bad & couldn't hit a winning hand for love nor money. I took a week away from the tables & came back refreshed & even managed to pick up a small profit too.

The one thing I've learned when I start running bad for a while is that after a while I was losing more hands due to the way I was playing them than through bad luck. Pretty much like what you've already described in that I was almost scared to get aggressive with big hands cos I kept thinking I'd probably be outdrawn again & more often than not that was exactly what was happening, whereas if I'd been playing my normal game in those situations I know I could've prevented a lot of them.

Some people will say to play through it & I'm not saying they're wrong cos it's each to their own in these situations & some people feel comfortable doing that but for me, I would say take a break.