You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

20NL TT Out-Of-Position with a bit of history

YoungUnYoungUn Member Posts: 422
edited May 2010 in The Poker Clinic
Would like opinions on the way this hand was played. Villain has a bit of a grudge on me and thinks i'm a really bad player. This came about because of the following hand (forgive me for not including specifics, hand was over a week ago and memory is somewhat sketchy) NOTE: The hand below is not necessarily the one I want feedback on, just a bit of background information:

.15/.30
Villain's stack: £28.36
Hero's stack: ~£30

Villian is UTG, Hero is UTG+1

Hero's Cards: AsKh

Pre-Flop: Villain raises to 1.20, Hero calls, 4 folds
Flop: 8c5hAc, Villain bets ~£2, Hero calls
Turn: 6c, Villain bets ~£5, Hero calls
River: Ks, Villain goes all in ~£20, Hero calls
Villain shows AhQh, One Pair, Aces
Hero shows AsKh, Two Pair, Aces and Kings
Hero wins £59.26

I didn't insta-call, tried to understand why he would make a pretty weird river bet and assumed that he might have thought I was bad enough to continue to call down with a weaker Ace. Before calling I typed in the chatbox "Don't believe you have clubs", which made him think that I couldn't lay down top 2 under the principle of "OMGZ it's two-pair how on earth can I fold?", when in truth I took my time to consider the decision and decided that the only hand I was worried about was 88. He has berated my play at every opportunity since then, and firmly believes that I am an awful player (which could be the case, but meh).

Anyway, to the hand I want opinions on. I'll show the hand first, then give my thought processes:
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
YoungUn Small blind  £0.10 £0.10 £17.90
DELTA74 Big blind  £0.20 £0.30 £15.07
  Your hole cards

Rockitz Fold     
amaloser Fold     
Seaspirit Fold     
ricoramb03 Raise  £0.80 £1.10 £16.57
YoungUn Call  £0.70 £1.80 £17.20
DELTA74 Fold     
Flop

YoungUn Check     
ricoramb03 Bet  £1.35 £3.15 £15.22
YoungUn Call  £1.35 £4.50 £15.85
Turn

YoungUn Check     
ricoramb03 Bet  £3.38 £7.88 £11.84
YoungUn Raise  £8.00 £15.88 £7.85
ricoramb03 All-in  £11.84 £27.72 £0.00
YoungUn Call  £7.22 £34.94 £0.63
YoungUn Show

ricoramb03 Show
  • J

River

YoungUn Win Two Pairs, 10s and 3s £33.20  £33.83
I don't remember seeing him open-raise on the button before, so I called the raise PF to prevent being 4-bet, and also to disguise my hand a little bit. I check-called the flop because, knowing his opinion of me and remembering a few other less noticeable hands that he and I have had since the first hand, I was confident that he'd fire on pretty much any turn. After a pretty safe turn (only 55 and A4 have overtaken me, so I'm still fairly confident I was ahead) I check to him for the follow-through bet which he duly obliges with. I figure now is the best time to take the hand down, hence the check-raise. I expected to win it with that bet, so I was a little sceptical calling the all-in, but by that point I was pot-committed and was never folding.

He went on to berate me again for just calling the flop, continuing to call me a bad player. I think he's just got sour grapes that i've outplayed him in two pretty big pots, but, for all I know, I could actually have played both those hands fairly badly.

Be nice to hear what you guys would have done, and also what you think of my thought processes throughout the hand(s).

Comments

• Options
    zingzing Member Posts: 333
    edited May 2010
    looks fine, might as well shove turn yourself given stack sizes though.
  • Options
    CLIOKIDCLIOKID Member Posts: 783
    edited May 2010
    Pretty standard TBF.

Could have played the TT a bit more aggro pre but the way you played is fine.
  • Options
    StueyhStueyh Member Posts: 102
    edited May 2010

Agree, played both hands fine.

Keep playing this guy if I were you. He's obviously got some grudge that leads him to play overly aggressive against you and underestimating you.

You disguised both hands well against him and took a decent amount of his money. Keep doing it. Who cares what he thinks.

Too many players on here thinking they're the dogs and criticising other peoples play. I personally think its rude to say anyting about how anyone else plays unless they ask.

• Options
    offshootoffshoot Member Posts: 1,049
    edited May 2010
    not a big fan of the chat before calling, just call.
  • Options
    offshootoffshoot Member Posts: 1,049
    edited May 2010
    not a big fan of the chat before calling, just call.
  • Options
    BlackFish3BlackFish3 Member Posts: 2,418
    edited May 2010
    Could consider 3 betting both hands pre?
  • Options
    pryce6pryce6 Member Posts: 1,058
    edited May 2010

The flat with TT pre is fine. You played that hand well imo, I might c/r the flop though.

• Options
    YoungUnYoungUn Member Posts: 422
    edited May 2010
    Thanks for all the input fellas, much appreciated.

In Response to Re: 20NL TT Out-Of-Position with a bit of history:
    Could consider 3 betting both hands pre?
    Posted by BlackFish3
    Yeah, I've only just come back from a lenghty poker "hiatus" - if you like - and before that break i'd be 3-betting both those hands about 99% of the time. I just decided to flat with the AK on that occasion just to mix my game up, whereas flatting with TT was more of a set-up.

In Response to Re: 20NL TT Out-Of-Position with a bit of history:
    Agree, played both hands fine. Keep playing this guy if I were you. He's obviously got some grudge that leads him to play overly aggressive against you and underestimating you. You disguised both hands well against him and took a decent amount of his money. Keep doing it. Who cares what he thinks. Too many players on here thinking they're the dogs and criticising other peoples play. I personally think its rude to say anyting about how anyone else plays unless they ask.
    Posted by Stueyh
    Yeah, I'm very happy that he thinks i'm a donk because, like you said, it makes him play like a donk against me. I'm not too bothered about what he thinks, i'll play the way I want to play, but I just felt that with the Community at my disposal it'd be a little ignorant to just assume that I played both hands perfectly and therefore not post them here for critique. Luckily he seems to frequent at my level, but during daytime hours, so if i'm to play against him more I need to keep playing poker instead of working...