You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Push, call or Raise?

JONONZIEJONONZIE Member Posts: 367
edited May 2010 in The Poker Clinic

hi

I had this hand last night in the £12000 BH was around 14th with my chips out of still 40 runners when villain bet 3 times BB I pushed wanting a call which i got or a fold and was pleased to see his A 10 not to worried about the result that's poker but did i do correct in pushing should i have just called to see the flop then take stock, if he showed strength i would fold here if not bet out 

PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
tallytink Small blind  200.00 200.00 9645.00
JONONZIE Big blind  400.00 600.00 10675.00
  Your hole cards
  • A
  • K

paperboy25 Fold     
MacMonster Raise  1200.00 1800.00 10790.00
Skys_Limit Fold     
BAI21 Fold     
tallytink Fold     
JONONZIE All-in  10675.00 12475.00 0.00
MacMonster All-in  10790.00 23265.00 0.00
MacMonster Unmatched bet  915.00 22350.00 915.00
JONONZIE Show
  • A
  • K

MacMonster Show
  • A

Flop

Turn

• A

River

MacMonster Win Two Pairs, Aces and 10s 22350.00  23265.00

Comments

• Options
    Dudeskin8Dudeskin8 Member Posts: 6,228
    edited May 2010
    Push is fine with me, you clearly want to go and win fom this position so AK is perfect for this move. Awful call from Mac but you want that call so cant complain with result.
  • Options
    mr_mbromr_mbro Member Posts: 1,152
    edited May 2010
    In Response to Push, call or Raise?:
       hi I had this hand last night in the £12000 BH was around 14th with my chips out of still 40 runners when villain bet 3 times BB I pushed wanting a call which i got or a fold and was pleased to see his A 10 not to worried about the result that's poker but did i do correct in pushing should i have just called to see the flop then take stock, if he showed strength i would fold here if not bet out     Player Action Cards Amount Pot Balance tallytink Small blind   200.00 200.00 9645.00 JONONZIE Big blind   400.00 600.00 10675.00   Your hole cards A K       paperboy25 Fold         MacMonster Raise   1200.00 1800.00 10790.00 Skys_Limit Fold         BAI21 Fold         tallytink Fold         JONONZIE All-in   10675.00 12475.00 0.00 MacMonster All-in   10790.00 23265.00 0.00 MacMonster Unmatched bet   915.00 22350.00 915.00 JONONZIE Show A K       MacMonster Show A 10       Flop     10 9 3       Turn     A       River     8       MacMonster Win Two Pairs, Aces and 10s 22350.00   23265.00
    Posted by JONONZIE
    Hi Jononzie,
    TBH mate your over bet allin smacks as a small to medium pair or AJ,AQ,AK ETC, but i dont think there was anything wrong with your play. However, your opponents call with A10 for most of his stack, smacks of a typical Bounty Hunter call(just going for the luck factor), as he cant have believed he was ahead with that hand.

On your point about playing it differently, well you had no DIFFICULT decisions to make after the flop, but , on that flop if you flatted preflop and then c betted and your opponent comes over the top, would you fold with only 7 or 8 thousand chips left. If so then you could have svaed chips and still been in the tourney.
    I wouldnt worry to much, as i said your opponent basically gambled and got away with it, although it does deflate you when you keep coming up with these type of 3 outers against you.

col
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    In Response to Re: Push, call or Raise?:
    In Response to Push, call or Raise? : Hi Jononzie, TBH mate your over bet allin smacks as a small to medium pair or AJ,AQ,AK ETC, but i dont think there was anything wrong with your play. However, your opponents call with A10 for most of his stack, smacks of a typical Bounty Hunter call(just going for the luck factor), as he cant have believed he was ahead with that hand. On your point about playing it differently, well you had no DIFFICULT decisions to make after the flop, but , on that flop if you flatted preflop and then c betted and your opponent comes over the top, would you fold with only 7 or 8 thousand chips left. If so then you could have svaed chips and still been in the tourney. I wouldnt worry to much, as i said your opponent basically gambled and got away with it, although it does deflate you when you keep coming up with these type of 3 outers against you. col
    Posted by mr_mbro
      many thanks for the input, you always think "did I do right" when you get knocked out.
     good luck on the tables    

• Options
    LOL_RAISELOL_RAISE Member Posts: 2,188
    edited May 2010
    anything other than shoving is just bad
  • Options
    Buster69Buster69 Member Posts: 135
    edited May 2010
    I agree i think the push was correct here he could of been 3xBB raising with 77, 88, those kind of hands and if you re raise all in alot of good players dont want to race and fold and as it was you were crushing the guy cant understand why he called your raise but thats bounty hunter for you just unlucky nothing you can do in my opinion you played the hand perfect its either raise all in or fold never ever ever call lol 
  • Options
    GaryQQQGaryQQQ Member Posts: 6,804
    edited May 2010

The push was a valid decision, I would probobly have done the same, maybe just a call or raise if the villian was playing a very tight game.

It needs to be pointed out that this is just another bad beat story in disguise. Zzzzzzzzzz.

• Options
    CLIOKIDCLIOKID Member Posts: 783
    edited May 2010
    Easy push.
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    In Response to Re: Push, call or Raise?:
    The push was a valid decision, I would probobly have done the same, maybe just a call or raise if the villian was playing a very tight game. It needs to be pointed out that this is just another bad beat story in disguise. Zzzzzzzzzz.
    Posted by GaryQQQ
    As I said in there first instance the out come was irrelevant (that's poker ) but i just wanted to know that my decision to push was correct as this situation frequently occurs no need to point anything out Gary you may be a good player but other players wish to make improvements on there game hence this forum if you cant be constructive instead of destructive I suggest you keep your petty remarks to yourself