You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Lets improve the playability

MrComebackMrComeback Member Posts: 5
edited August 2009 in Community Suggestions
Unfortunately (because the games and the players are great) the cheapy cheapy graphics on this site let the whole thing down.
Lets have some voting on a proper, downloadable poker client that can "keep up" with the play without all the struggling.
How anybody can multi-table on this site is beyond me, the software wont even keep up with a 10 seater table (1 that is) which is probably the main reason for the inclusion of so many 6 seater tables.
Lets face it they make a fortune out of us so they should spend a few bob and give us a decent site to work with, they may well find they gain more players too, wouldn't that please the shareholders?
Sky obviously do not know the meaning of the "speculate to accumulate", in fact i'm sure they just want to accumulate?

Let's get some votes in guys and gals and get a decent platform to work with!!!!

by the way ...... this is vote number 1

Comments

• Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 161,024
    edited July 2009

Hi Mr Comeback, welcome to the Sky Poker Forum.

As has been stated many times, a "Downloadable Client" is in the pipeline, & is fairly imminent now. I suspect it'll be here by late Autumn, early Winter.

Sky Poker started from scratch, & is not yet 3 years old. Bit by bit, all the components are being added to the Site. It's actually quite an achievement to start without an existing Network to lock into, but that was the task. But it all takes time. The money is also a consideration, but that's all been allocated, & is being spent.
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    In Response to Re: Lets improve the playability:
    Hi Mr Comeback, welcome to the Sky Poker Forum. As has been stated many times, a "Downloadable Client" is in the pipeline, & is fairly imminent now. I suspect it'll be here by late Autumn, early Winter. Sky Poker started from scratch, & is not yet 3 years old. Bit by bit, all the components are being added to the Site. It's actually quite an achievement to start without an existing Network to lock into, but that was the task. But it all takes time. The money is also a consideration, but that's all been allocated, & is being spent.
    Posted by Tikay10
    Tikay M8, i have got so much respect for you, as I have for matt, trevor, James, Michelle, Norm, Ed ---- oh all the presenters, you all make a very interesting program to watch on tv and have a very tough job, which you all do very well, persuading people that sky poker is the best thing since sliced bread but, fact IT ISN'T, it's been going now for what, about 3 years or so and still no downloadable, playable software - just cheap and nasty flash player rubbish. c'mon m8 about time sky showed us a little respect. (thats my soapbox moment over for now) Keep up the great tv show
  • Options
    DraigDraig Member Posts: 231
    edited July 2009
    Yeah ok it's not the best, and a downloadable client will be welcome -  but what do you mean you can't multitable? Your computer must be from the dark ages, I have no problem running 5 or 6 tables. The problem is not the software doing this, it's my tiny drunk brain exploding when trying to keep up with the clicks.
  • Options
    FishingPhiFishingPhi Member Posts: 73
    edited July 2009
    I have a slightly biased (but not to be ignored) view. I'm not a Windows user. My main operating system is Linux. That's why i play Sky Poker. A (faster?) downloadable client would be nice but keep it as Flash or Java...and consider the Linux and Mac users!
  • Options
    bonniedogbonniedog Member Posts: 42
    edited July 2009
    I have no problem multi tabling, I have done 18 tables no problem.
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 161,024
    edited July 2009
    In Response to Re: Lets improve the playability : Tikay M8, i have got so much respect for you, as I have for matt, trevor, James, Michelle, Norm, Ed ---- oh all the presenters, you all make a very interesting program to watch on tv and have a very tough job, which you all do very well, persuading people that sky poker is the best thing since sliced bread but, fact IT ISN'T, it's been going now for what, about 3 years or so and still no downloadable, playable software - just cheap and nasty flash player rubbish. c'mon m8 about time sky showed us a little respect. (thats my soapbox moment over for now) Keep up the great tv show
    Posted by MrComeback
    Well I don't really see it as "lack of respect", though you are perfectly entitled so to do.

I refer to my previous reply - it's well down the development & testing road, & will be here soon. 

Many people - the majority of Sky Poker players in fact - don't want or need a downloadable Client, & in fact don't even know what a downloadable Client is. But it'll be here soon, & players will then have a greater choice.

If you have ever been involved in buildiing a business like this from the ground up, you'll know it's really quite challenging - but every hurdle has been addressed, & will be overcome. Meanwhile, the Site continues to generate traffic way above expectations, thanks to a loyal player-base who recognize that Sky are building a new Site here.

Contrary to your Post, I've never suggested that Sky Poker is, to use your words, "the best thing since sliced bread". But I might have said, & would have thought, that we will be, given time.

Really, it's incredibly challenging building a Site like this from scratch. Remember, Sky Poker are not part of a Network. What we have, was designed & built in-house, & it's a work-in-progress, & always will be. 

I appreciate we have differeing views on this - that's fine & dandy - but I'm not sure how "lack of respect" got into the frame. If you did but know the efforts some of us here make to give good Customer Service, I don't think you'd say that.

Anyway, we are standing on opposite sides of the river, & most probably we'll never bridge that gap.

Have a great weekend.
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Yeah ok it's not the best, and a downloadable client will be welcome -  but what do you mean you can't multitable? Your computer must be from the dark ages, I have no problem running 5 or 6 tables. The problem is not the software doing this, it's my tiny drunk brain exploding when trying to keep up with the clicks.
    Posted by Draig
    Er ......... if i gave you my computer spec m8 :o)
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    In Response to Re: Lets improve the playability : Well I don't really see it as "lack of respect", though you are perfectly entitled so to do. I refer to my previous reply - it's well down the development & testing road, & will be here soon.  Many people - the majority of Sky Poker players in fact - don't want or need a downloadable Client, & in fact don't even know what a downloadable Client is. But it'll be here soon, & players will then have a greater choice. If you have ever been involved in buildiing a business like this from the ground up, you'll know it's really quite challenging - but every hurdle has been addressed, & will be overcome. Meanwhile, the Site continues to generate traffic way above expectations, thanks to a loyal player-base who recognize that Sky are building a new Site here. Contrary to your Post, I've never suggested that Sky Poker is, to use your words, "the best thing since sliced bread". But I might have said, & would have thought, that we will be, given time. Really, it's incredibly challenging building a Site like this from scratch. Remember, Sky Poker are not part of a Network. What we have, was designed & built in-house, & it's a work-in-progress, & always will be.  I appreciate we have differeing views on this - that's fine & dandy - but I'm not sure how "lack of respect" got into the frame. If you did but know the efforts some of us here make to give good Customer Service, I don't think you'd say that. Anyway, we are standing on opposite sides of the river, & most probably we'll never bridge that gap. Have a great weekend.
    Posted by Tikay10
    Ok TK you win, lets beg to differ for a while.

I still luv sky poker to play on, so many fish to feed :O)
  • Options
    _AppleMac__AppleMac_ Member Posts: 126
    edited July 2009
    Applemac's prefer the flash player... downloadable versions are alot more tricky... and alot of the poker sites do not even provide an alternative their normally downloadable version, therefore losing alot of custom... this is one of the main reasons I joined sky to be honest... how simple and straight forward the site was to use...