You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

no luck whatsoever!!

mallrat12mallrat12 Member Posts: 22
edited May 2010 in The Poker Clinic
Hi all, new to this site. Been playing poker for about 6 months so still a novice!! Wanted to know if anybody has any advice on how to change a rotten losing streak. I've been playing my hands well I think raising and checking etc when I should, however no matter how great a hand i've got always seem to get done on the river, don't think its the way Im playing the hands just always seems to come down to pure bad luck!!!!! Any advice??

Comments

• Options
    robcrobc Member Posts: 521
    edited May 2010
    it would be easier to help if you could post a few of these hands you have lost and got unlucky in? maybe there is something you are missing or haven't thought of which people we may be able to help you with?

• Options
    edited May 2010
    yes here are a few examples, had AA hole cards and raised 3xbb rest of the table folds except 1 re-raises all in with K9 I call he flops a 9 then another 9 on the river. I had KK again raised and was called flop comes 10 K 2 he checks I go all in he calls with J 2, turn comes 9 river Q. Another time i've had AK raised, was reraised all in with A 10 and sure enough winning until a 10 comes on the river. These are just a few examples of hands today, this has been happening for about 2 weeks good hands I raise get called and they catch their straights, flushes Etc on the river. Is there anything u can do about really bad luck or is it just a case of hoping it'll pass.
  • Options
    belsibubbelsibub Member Posts: 2,527
    edited May 2010
    Sounds like your playing hands ok.Just a bad run we all get them.My last one lasted 4 weeks always in ahead and loosing it does even its self out eventually but can take time.My advice would be drop down a level or 2 till it ends and you get confidence back gl.
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    In Response to Re: no luck whatsoever!!:
    Sounds like your playing hands ok.Just a bad run we all get them.My last one lasted 4 weeks always in ahead and loosing it does even its self out eventually but can take time.My advice would be drop down a level or 2 till it ends and you get confidence back gl.
    Posted by belsibub
    yeah think i'll try that, thanks belsibub good luck too u too.