You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Tournies and google chrome

GeezerJTGeezerJT Member Posts: 60
edited May 2010 in Community Help & Advice
I like many others finds Google chrome works best with sky, normally i only play cash but joined this team poker thing and noticed something strange.

Tournie tables wont auto load, and then when you  try to open them they wont open at all.  Well for me at least.

Cash tables are fine.

Comments

• hogan2089hogan2089 Member Posts: 169
    edited May 2010
    In Response to Tournies and google chrome:
    I like many others finds Google chrome works best with sky, normally i only play cash but joined this team poker thing and noticed something strange. Tournie tables wont auto load, and then when you  try to open them they wont open at all.  Well for me at least. Cash tables are fine.
    Posted by GeezerJT
    so use firefox for  mtts and google for  cash ..simples ....
  • Sky_RichSky_Rich Member Posts: 3,837
    edited May 2010
    Hey Gezzer,

Thanks for your post.

Have you noticed the sticky at the top of this area of the forum?

we are collating all reported Chrome issues that can then be sent to the team for investigation.

I'll replicate your post in that thread.

thanks
  • robcrobc Member Posts: 521
    edited May 2010
    this is weird everyone seems to have trouble with chrome but ive always used chrome and never had a problem i switch to IE if im posting a hand as everyone says it will mess up with chrome. but tournaments have always auto loaded for me.
  • Sky_AdamSky_Adam Member Posts: 419
    edited May 2010
    In Response to Tournies and google chrome:
    I like many others finds Google chrome works best with sky, normally i only play cash but joined this team poker thing and noticed something strange. Tournie tables wont auto load, and then when you  try to open them they wont open at all.  Well for me at least. Cash tables are fine.
    Posted by GeezerJT
    Hi Geezer,

The fact that it only affects tournaments and not cash tables means it sounds like the pop-up blocker built into Chrome to me.

A blocked pop up is not as clear in chrome compared to some browsers imo, but I think from memory the poker table appears as a small window in the bottom left ot right of the screen, which states 'X pop ups blocked' or something along those line. You can open it and choose to always accept pop-ups from Sky Poker.

I can't currently run Chrome on this PC or i'd give you a better step by step - hopefully a chrome using customer can provide more info to help you here.

Regards

Adam
  • GeezerJTGeezerJT Member Posts: 60
    edited May 2010
    Thanks will have a look when the tournie this evening launches.
    edited May 2010
    Have made an exception to allow pop ups on skypoker will see how that works.
  • beanehbeaneh Member Posts: 4,079
    edited May 2010
    In Response to Re: Tournies and google chrome:
    Have made an exception to allow pop ups on skypoker will see how that works.
    Posted by GeezerJT

That sorts it.
    edited May 2010
    In Response to Re: Tournies and google chrome : That sorts it.
    Posted by beaneh

Indeed it does.
  • PKRParPKRPar Member Posts: 2,239
    edited May 2010
    Im having the same problem in Chrome. It's a lot faster in Chrome for cash tables but tourny tables don't auto-load up. 

Does anyone know how to accept pop-ups from Sky Poker only? I can't seem to locate it :/
  • PKRParPKRPar Member Posts: 2,239
    edited May 2010
    In Response to Tournies and google chrome : Hi Geezer, The fact that it only affects tournaments and not cash tables means it sounds like the pop-up blocker built into Chrome to me. A blocked pop up is not as clear in chrome compared to some browsers imo, but I think from memory the poker table appears as a small window in the bottom left ot right of the screen, which states 'X pop ups blocked' or something along those line. You can open it and choose to always accept pop-ups from Sky Poker. I can't currently run Chrome on this PC or i'd give you a better step by step - hopefully a chrome using customer can provide more info to help you here. Regards Adam
    Posted by Sky_Adam
    I've sorted it :) 

Cheers dude!