You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

The difference between NL4 and NL10?

robcrobc Member Posts: 521
edited May 2010 in The Poker Clinic
Hey guys 

i have been grinding NL4 on and off for a few months i normally stick to it for a few weeks then have a week of tournies then back to cash as well as the odd tournament. I do well on the NL4 tables aswell as my low limit MTTs i play but im getting more and more bored of the Nl4 tables.

No offence to the people who play there as i have been for quite awhile now and i no there is a few people who have a solid game at those stakes but the large majority of them are new players and its got to the point where its pretty much get all the chips in when you have a premium hand and double up or they suck out with k10 suited or a hand along those lines lol. 

Just wondering how much of a difference there is at Nl10 or NL8 i dont want to jump up to high to quickly,and i no its good to play people who are worse than you but want abit of a challenge instead of shove with the premiums.

Any people who have played both and could tell me the differences between the limits would be great and if ozzie08 is about would appreciate your opinion mate.

Cheers all 

Comments

• Options
    ajs4385ajs4385 Member Posts: 455
    edited May 2010
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    lol thankyou :)
  • Options
    DOHHHHHHHDOHHHHHHH Member Posts: 17,927
    edited May 2010

Ozzie will tell you to just wait for aces, and make 1 bluff a week.... (that used to be one each month, but credit to him he is playing looser lately ;)

haha nah he'll probably tell you there isn't much difference at all....theres still millions of fish, and the odd solid player. You'll quickly figure out who knows what theyre doing, and who is clueless, just adapt to the reads you get.

I know a few nl4 players...who honestly are better than players I ecounter at nl50 and nl100, theres some absolutely terrible players higher up the stakes....so what Im trying to say really is there are fish at all levels!

If you have a winning game at nl4, play the same at nl10 and u will continue to win!! Its at the  20/30nl where things begin to get abit harder.....and then again at the higher end of the medium stakes 100/200nl on sky where things begin to change again....

GL DOHH
    GL DOHH

• Options
    edited May 2010
    Cheers mate il give it a go see how i get on 
  • Options
    ACESOVER8sACESOVER8s Member Posts: 1,307
    edited May 2010

I think it becomes NL20 doesn't it? due the fact you can take £20 to a 5p - 10p blind table. The play gets a little more sensible from some players but nothing more than ABC is required to beat it

• Options
    dav1964dav1964 Member Posts: 2,526
    edited May 2010
    Hi rob i only recently took the step up from 4p/8p to 10p/20p and i have been even more profitable since doing that.As has been said there are still fish but it is a bit more risky to them as the stakes are higher.Gl m8 dav