You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

What size bet if any?

Dudeskin8Dudeskin8 Member Posts: 6,228
edited May 2010 in The Poker Clinic
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
SkyHD Small blind  £0.02 £0.02 £1.86
usoges24 Big blind  £0.04 £0.06 £2.82
  Your hole cards
  • Q
  • Q

Dudeskin8 Raise  £0.20 £0.26 £3.70
Kooch Call  £0.20 £0.46 £3.41
Baldurs Fold     
HarryUrz Fold     
SkyHD Fold     
usoges24 Fold     
Flop

Dudeskin8 Bet  £0.35 £0.81 £3.35
Kooch Call  £0.35 £1.16 £3.06
Turn

Dudeskin8
The flop seemed fairly safe so I decided not to pot it which could have been a mistake, when the turn comes I figure that does complete some draws although I also think did he just call with a 10 or 9. The pot is £1.16 so what could I bet to ask another quetion and also be able to fold if he pushed. If he does just call the turn bet aswell whatever it is, then is it right to just check fold river if he pushes ?

Comments

• Options
    YoungUnYoungUn Member Posts: 422
    edited May 2010
    With no reads i'm calling if he shoves. Villain turns up with 9x or Tx much more often than JQ on .02/.04. If he has it, then just hmph and reload.

If you have reads and/or are really confident that a raise means you're behind, then I guess a similarly sized bet would do the trick (relative to the pot, obv), so about .65 or .70. Any raise villain makes should really be all-in, so it's easy to pass for 2.30ish more. If he just calls, and you're still worried about being behind (which I really wouldn't be) then check and hope for a free/cheap showdown.
  • Options
    beanehbeaneh Member Posts: 4,079
    edited May 2010
    Bet 75p ftw
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    In Response to Re: What size bet if any?:
    Bet 75p ftw
    Posted by beaneh
    And if he shoves, you call ?
  • Options
    DeuceAK_47DeuceAK_47 Member Posts: 381
    edited May 2010

Like YoungUn said, i doubt i would fold this hand to a raise  given stack size's unless the villian is extremely passive (if we have 200bb stacks i would fold to a turn raise), even if the villian did have a hand like 10 9 we would still have 6 outs to take the pot so were most likely not completely dead.

Flop bets fine as you can easily get the stacks in by the river with 3/4 pot bets which is what i would do, at this level there is so many worst hands that can call you on the turn so i think it would be a mistake to ever check on the turn in this situation.
  • Options
    SHANXTASHANXTA Member Posts: 1,507
    edited May 2010

If he has 10 9 we have more than 6 outs, we have 2 queens, 4 jacks + 3 8's and 3 3's to counterfit, so 12 outs in total.

Plus he could be raising wiv A10, J10 maybe even JJ

• Options
    DeuceAK_47DeuceAK_47 Member Posts: 381
    edited May 2010
    If he has 10 9 we have more than 6 outs, we have 2 queens, 4 jacks + 3 8's and 3 3's to counterfit, so 12 outs in total. Plus he could be raising wiv A10, J10 maybe even JJ
    Posted by SHANXTA
    Lol how did i miss all those outs, i just counted the counterfit ones for some reason, the only excuse i have is that i am really hungover :-)

Good luck in the Primo by the way.. i think im going to need some luck to cash lol.
  • Options
    BlackFish3BlackFish3 Member Posts: 2,418
    edited May 2010
    bet like 3/4 pot, and then you probably have to call a shove. Try not to get too scared, sometimes you just have to get it in.
  • Options
    SHANXTASHANXTA Member Posts: 1,507
    edited May 2010
    In Response to Re: What size bet if any? : Lol how did i miss all those outs, i just counted the counterfit ones for some reason, the only excuse i have is that i am really hungover :-) Good luck in the Primo by the way.. i think im going to need some luck to cash lol.
    Posted by DeuceAK-47
    lol thx mate, gl 2 u 2, im running/playing shockingly atm so not holdin out much hope!
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    bet like 3/4 pot, and then you probably have to call a shove. Try not to get too scared, sometimes you just have to get it in.
    Posted by BlackFish3
    I definitly agree with this, the only problem is i'm currently working with a quite small BR so taking risks like this isn't really in my plan especially just with one pair. Also I hate being OOP position in this spot, seeing him check to me on turn would be a lot easier to fire again.