You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Has my luck run out????

seanDCFCseanDCFC Member Posts: 49
edited May 2010 in The Poker Clinic
I lost 6 sit and gos in a row and im not happy. These are the hands that i lost each with. 

no 1 - I had Q9, he had 95. Flop was 69Q. He went all in at this point i called. He hit trips 9 on the turn.

no 2 - I had QJ, he had J10. Flop was A4J. Again my opponent went all in, again i call. He hits a ten on the turn.

no 3 - I had Q9, he had K(d)Q(h). Flop was Q(d)9(d)7(h). This time I went all-in and got called. turn card was 8(d) and the river was A(d). He wins with flush to ace.

no 4 - I had 8(c)5(d), he had J(s)Q(h). The flop was 5(h)8(h)10(c). I raised, he went all in, i call. Turn was 3(h) and river was 4(h). lost to flush.

no 5 - I had AA he had Q(s)7(s). I raise pre-flop, he calls. Flop 3(s)6(h)4(h). He bets so i push all-in. Turn card was K(s) and river was 5(s). lost to flush again.

no 6 - I had J6 he had K10. flop was J99. again my opponent shoves so i feel that i have to call. the turn was 4 and the river was Q. lost to straight.

So my question to everyone is did I play these hands badly?? Should I have called all-in in these situations?? Or was I just unlucky?? Any help here would be appreciated, I really want to improve my game so I am open to critisism.

Comments

• Options
    rats107rats107 Member Posts: 230
    edited May 2010
    no 1 - I had Q9, he had 95. Flop was 69Q. He went all in at this point i called. He hit trips 9 on the turn

rigged
  • Options
    BlackFish3BlackFish3 Member Posts: 2,418
    edited May 2010
    no1... trips dont beat your full house ;)
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    1... suck out
    2... suck out
    3... suck out
    4... suck out
    5... suck out
    6... suck out

tbf i think you played all of these hands terribly because getting your money in good is obviously not working, try getting your money in bad, works for me anyway.
  • Options
    GaryQQQGaryQQQ Member Posts: 6,804
    edited May 2010
    I'm not sure about your luck, but our patience has run out with people who post bad-beats in the section of the forum that's supposed to be for strategy discussions.

Delete or move to Area51.
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    In Response to Re: Has my luck run out????:
    no1... trips dont beat your full house ;)
    Posted by BlackFish3
    My mistake i didnt have a 9 in this hand, i had an 8.
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    I'm not sure about your luck, but our patience has run out with people who post bad-beats in the section of the forum that's supposed to be for strategy discussions. Delete or move to Area51.
    Posted by GaryQQQ

Our patience?? are you more than one person???
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    People dont like this sort of thread because you asked if you played it badly etc... you know you went in ahead in each situation. So you have disguised a bad beat thread by pretending it's a strategy thread. If you lose when you get your money in good, dont post it.
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    People dont like this sort of thread because you asked if you played it badly etc... you know you went in ahead in each situation. So you have disguised a bad beat thread by pretending it's a strategy thread. If you lose when you get your money in good, dont post it.
    Posted by BlackFish3

TBH i dont really care if other people dont like this thread, I didnt start it for them. Also I didnt disguise anything, I did not know where to post this thread and though that here would be as good as any.  
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    why did you ask if you played the hands badly? do you honestly think that getting your chips in good is playing badly?
  • Options
    Sky_DaveSky_Dave Member Posts: 3,288
    edited May 2010
    Hi guys,

I do agree that this is more of a bad beat thread than a strategy one, so I am moving it over to Area 51. Of course, SeanDCFC has already said that he wasn't unsure if the Strategy was the correct part of the forum, so no harm done there - if we could have a quick look at the sticky posts at the top of the forum that keeps everything in here easy to maintain :)

Thanks all,
    Dave