You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Playing No Limit Holdem STT with HOLE cards FACE DOWN???

Red_KingRed_King Member Posts: 2,850
edited May 2010 in Community Help & Advice
SkyPoker,
I am currently playing game id 2696031 £5.50 STT
The first two levels my hole cards were face down
also I could not bet as no options were displayed.

Had to close table and re-start to get in for level three.

How is this possible Sky Poker?

Comments

• oynutteroynutter Member Posts: 4,773
    edited May 2010
    It's a script error me ole matey-- usually means your connection went all flappery doo dah while the table was loading-- next time just exit and reload immediately--also, make sure you close other progams before you load a table-- eg, youtube, welcome to the honey school  ect
  • Sky_RichSky_Rich Member Posts: 3,837
    edited May 2010
    Hi RedKing,

Oynutter has it spot on there. As soon as you see this error hit f5 to re-load the table.

I'll see if i can dig out some old advice to help prevent you seeing this sort of error in the future....
  • Sky_RichSky_Rich Member Posts: 3,837
    edited May 2010
    here it is.....

(apologies if some of the language is a bit formal and not all the text is relevant to your situation but you should be able to get the gist from the explanation below)

Give me a shout if you need anything else.

The cause of the ‘adobe script error’ is in itself very simple, it’s seen when your PC Processor overloads whilst running flash based programs, causing the flash to slow down and crash. The same will happen when running ANY flash based program, E.G. Youtube, when your processor overloads.

The problem with these queries is the question ‘what caused the pc processor to overload?’ It is impossible for us to give a definite answer, although we can advise that any process running on the PC (which could include hidden processes running in the background) that use up processor power, will contribute to error, the severity is clearly dependant on the pc’s overall capacity

E.G:

• Running other flash programs (multi-tabling, youtube etc)
    • User running other non-flash programs simultaneously
    • Hidden processes running in the background E.G. data fragmentation, scheduled viral scans
    • Toolbars (It has been commented by customers on previous threads that google toolbar is particularly intensive on your processor – I can’t prove or deny this in any way)
    • Operating system (VISTA is particularly processor intensive we believe)
    • Web Browser (the optimum browser varies for different users, we can’t just say Firefox or Chrome etc is the best)
    • Basically any program ever written for a PC that

Clearly the higher the spec of your PC – the less (or indeed any) of the above matter and vice versa. It has been proven that players can play 16 tables simultaneously on Sky Poker without ever getting this error – that’s simply because their processor can handle it all.

• Red_KingRed_King Member Posts: 2,850
    edited May 2010
    Ahhhhhhhhhhh,

The old SCRIPT ERROR Chestnut

no other programs scheduled or running
    only Sky Poker,

CHEERS RICH.