You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

TONIGHT ON SKY POKER - Win Once, get paid twice!

Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 160,522
edited July 2009 in Poker Chat

Friday, 22nd May.

There is an amazing double jobbie on Sky Poker tonight.

At 9.40pm, there is a £5 Freezeout, called "£1k Multi-Table 1". It has a £1,000 Guarantee.

And at 9.45pm, just 5 minutes later, there is ANOTHER £5 Freezeout, called "£1k Multi-Table 2". It ALSO has a £1,000 Guarantee.

So that's TWO £5 Tourneys within 5 minutes, BOTH with a £1,000 guarantee.

So that's £2,000 guaranteed.

But now comes the best bit.

If you Cash in BOTH Tourneys, Sky Poker will add your winnings from both Tourneys together, then DOUBLE YOUR WINNINGS! The "extra" winnings will be added to your Account on Saturday morning. Pretty neat, I'd say.

Valooooooooo.

Fancy some of that?

Comments

• Options
    edited May 2009

But how do we play Two Tournaments at the same time?

Well, some of you may not be aware that Sky Poker now have Mini-View Tables, which allow you to have up to FOUR tables on your screen at once.

It's easy-peasy.

Just open your Table as usual. Then go to the top right hand corner & click "Mini-View". Hey presto, you will have a nice, neat, mini-table in the top left corner of your screen. 

When the other Tourney starts, & the Table opens, rinse, repeat. The new Table will open, again, in the top left hand corner of your screen. It will be sitting on top of your first Table, so just drag it across with your mouse to another part of your screen. You now have two Mini-View Tables open, & can easily manage to play both simultaneously.

To revert to Standard Size Tabes, just click the "STANDARD VIEW" button top right of your Table, job done. It's that simple.

So, with Mini-View, you can play up to 4 Tables - Tournaments, Cash, Sit N Go's, whatever, at the same time. It's actully ideal for playing several SNG's at the same time.

So simple, even I can manage it.
  • Options
    edited May 2009

So, to prove how easy it is, I'm going to be playing 4 Tourneys tonight, though I'd only recommend you try 2 of these Tournies if you are not yet used to Multi-Tabling.

8.15. £5 + £0.50 Sleepstack. Sorry, Deepstack. £450 Guaranteed. 5,000 chips, 12 minute Blinds.

9.00. £15 + £2 Open, £9,000 guaranteed, 3,000 chips, 7 minute Blinds.

9.40. £5 + £0.50 Freezeout. 1,500 chips, 10 minute Blinds.*

9.45. £5 + £0.50 Freezeout. 1,500 chips, 10 minute Blinds.*

* These two Tourneys have the "Double Your Winnings" Bonus.

So, something for everyone - 5,000, 3,000, & 1,500 starting stacks, & Blinds varying from 7 minutes to 12 minutes.

So thats fast, medium, & slow. Something to suit everyone.

Suit you, Sir or Madam?
  • Options
    edited May 2009

Well, I had a shocker!

Deepstack - 27th of 75, made a move with A-6 & walked into A-Q.

9pm Open, 109th of 551, going nicely but ran QQ into KK.

9.40 Multi-Table 1, 79th of 233, QJ into KQ.

9.45 Multi-Table 2, 85th of 222, A-T into 9-9.

So that's 0/4. Not good.

I then played the 11.05 £650 BH, & came 14th of 102 for £9.79.

So I was about £30 down - not good.

A bunch of regulars then decided we'd play some £11 DYM's, & I cashed 3 out of 4, for a profit of £16.

So, a loss of £14 on the night. Not good, but I gave myself a shot at some good Cashes, & played OK. 

I'll have another shot at a few Tourneys on Saturday night. See you then, I hope. 
  • Options
    Sky_DesSky_Des Member Posts: 351
    edited May 2009
    ...just can't get the staff!

Unlucky tikay, better luck tomorrow night.
  • Options
    toonblazertoonblazer Member Posts: 46
    Tikay10 said:

So, to prove how easy it is, I'm going to be playing 4 Tourneys tonight, though I'd only recommend you try 2 of these Tournies if you are not yet used to Multi-Tabling.

8.15. £5 + £0.50 Sleepstack. Sorry, Deepstack. £450 Guaranteed. 5,000 chips, 12 minute Blinds.

9.00. £15 + £2 Open, £9,000 guaranteed, 3,000 chips, 7 minute Blinds.

9.40. £5 + £0.50 Freezeout. 1,500 chips, 10 minute Blinds.*

9.45. £5 + £0.50 Freezeout. 1,500 chips, 10 minute Blinds.*

* These two Tourneys have the "Double Your Winnings" Bonus.

So, something for everyone - 5,000, 3,000, & 1,500 starting stacks, & Blinds varying from 7 minutes to 12 minutes.

So thats fast, medium, & slow. Something to suit everyone.

Suit you, Sir or Madam?

just looking through some old posts these were the days it seems. it would be nice to see sky poker bring these back like the good old days, shame to see the garantees getting smaller.
  • Options
    Allan23Allan23 Member Posts: 864
    Better times!
  • Options
    thedazzmanthedazzman Member Posts: 934
    Being largely a small stakes MTT player myself, this sounds like a very decent promo. One which I would definitely welcome if it were to return in some variation.

It is a shame I missed out on all those busier times of sky poker. It would have been great to play alongside tikay and co, and to experience those other unique querks at the time like the TV channel.

Hey ho, still plenty of value and enjoyment to be had here, so I'm afraid you are all stuck with me for the time-being :D
  • Options
    FORDAKIDZFORDAKIDZ Member Posts: 176
    Blast from the past :) It used to be great when @Tikay10 turned up on your table.
  • Options
    NoseyBonkNoseyBonk Member Posts: 6,168
    Grrrr. Fooled by the bounce :D

Read right the way through to "Well, some of you may not be aware that Sky Poker now have Mini-View Tables, which allow you to have up to FOUR tables on your screen at once." and then thought hang on, that's been around for quite a while... :smiley: