You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

£0 -?

BLUSTEALSBLUSTEALS Member Posts: 5
edited August 2009 in Poker Chat
after initially putting some cash onto my skypoker and ending up with nothing (various reasons not really important)
a few months ago i was playing freerolls to blitz the points and somehow won and ended up with the princly sum of about £2.67

about a week ago i made it my brand new project to create a sizeable amount from the small amount of money sky poker kindly provided via the freeroll

current standing £10.07 and playing quite frequent sit and go double your money and the odd MTT has anyone else done this or have any top tips

Comments

• acebarry10acebarry10 Member Posts: 7,556
    edited August 2009
    Yes there are a of people on the site who have a Bankroll challenge going, something like 4 at the last count, one of the most famous ones is by our very own Richard Orford, you can read about it in his blog, but you wont be able to watch him because he has a private alias.
  • Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 166,702
    edited August 2009
    In Response to £0 -?:
    after initially putting some cash onto my skypoker and ending up with nothing (various reasons not really important) a few months ago i was playing freerolls to blitz the points and somehow won and ended up with the princly sum of about £2.67 about a week ago i made it my brand new project to create a sizeable amount from the small amount of money sky poker kindly provided via the freeroll current standing £10.07 and playing quite frequent sit and go double your money and the odd MTT has anyone else done this or have any top tips
    Posted by BLUSTEALS
    Nice one Mr Steals!

There is nothing more satisfying than grinding a small amount of Poker Bankroll up, as you have, & you deserve congratulatioins.

And it's nice to hear someone be complimentary about the Freerolls. Now that IS unusual!
  • BLUSTEALSBLUSTEALS Member Posts: 5
    edited August 2009
    In Response to Re: £0 -?:
    Yes there are a of people on the site who have a Bankroll challenge going, something like 4 at the last count, one of the most famous ones is by our very own Richard Orford, you can read about it in his blog, but you wont be able to watch him because he has a private alias.
    Posted by acebarry10
    the same Richard Orford who played 2d 3d in a recent deepstack tourney ?

so does anyone have any ideas on it i.e bankroll structure, cash out point or how often you brag about your free money ??
  • NoseyBonkNoseyBonk Member Posts: 6,175
    edited August 2009
    To save me a lot of typing - see here http://www.chrisferguson.com/article-4
    This is the management model I use, but I originally picked it up from fellow Sky Poker player OnTheR1ver when he was doing his Pokerspinners challenge, rather than Chris.

• acebarry10acebarry10 Member Posts: 7,556
    edited August 2009
    In Response to Re: £0 -? : the same Richard Orford who played 2d 3d in a recent deepstack tourney ? so does anyone have any ideas on it i.e bankroll structure, cash out point or how often you brag about your free money ??
    Posted by BLUSTEALS
    Yup the very same but that was under his Play the Presenter account.

I beleive that the guide that a lot of people use for the bankroll structure is 5% of your bankroll and as you do play the lower structured money games,as tikay says grind it out until you, 1 rise above your current structure where your bankroll has grown sufficiently to allow you to take the next step and 2 only do this if you feel comfortable at doing it and 3 There will be a time when something called variance creeps in where the cards dont fall as you hope, or you get outdrawn, when this happens and you bankroll suffers dont be afraid to go back to the lower structures it will pass.

The Cash out point is wherever you want it to be.

I understand this is how it works, but at the end of the day it is up to you.

Hope this helps a little.
  • JAMIEPJAMIEP Member Posts: 218
    edited August 2009
    In Response to Re: £0 -? : the same Richard Orford who played 2d 3d in a recent deepstack tourney ? so does anyone have any ideas on it i.e bankroll structure, cash out point or how often you brag about your free money ??
    Posted by BLUSTEALS
    For cashing out say you make £400 in a month for example cash out half £200 then you poker roll grows as well as your bank account.If you are happy with your poker bankroll ie player x wants 1k on his poker account at the end of the month if he has £1300 cash out the 300 and repeat if you go on loseing streak or tilt drop down a level (cash games and sit n goes) then the hits wont put to much of a dent.When the varience ends move back up a level back to where you were and repeat poker is a roller coaster ride.
  • Grimstar30Grimstar30 Member Posts: 1,400
    edited August 2009
    Congratulations on your challenge hope it all goes well. I am running a similar one, but starting from £20. Grinding away at 60p DYMs at the mo - somehow riding out variance and now cashing in last 9 in a row. Aiming to get to £23 (only last 4 dyms have been since I started again at £20) then I will move up to 1.15 Dyms and see how I go.

There is a rule I read about withdrawing money. Called the double/half rule. You double your initial bankroll then take out 50% of that. i.e. i get to £40 then withdraw £10. I won't be doing that though as I am aiming to get to £200.

Good luck and all the best.

P.s. I love freerolls! any free money when your roll is small all helps. In fact I 'assisted' my fiancee on one, and she won £5. Also keep an eye out for the new player freerolls they can boost you up nicely if you get in the top 6 or so.

Dave
  • RichiSwiftRichiSwift Member Posts: 149
    edited August 2009
    One of the mnany great things about skypoker is that there are a lot of varied tournys.

So If you fancy a go at the £10+£1 sat open but you only have £2 in your account, then go and gamble it all on a few of the many varied other low buy in tournies until you get up to £11 or do it in the cash games.
  • annie_dukeannie_duke Member Posts: 545
    edited August 2009
    One of the mnany great things about skypoker is that there are a lot of varied tournys. So If you fancy a go at the £10+£1 sat open but you only have £2 in your account, then go and gamble it all on a few of the many varied other low buy in tournies until you get up to £11 or do it in the cash games.
    Posted by RichiSwift
    or cheat and deposit £11 ;)
  • BLUSTEALSBLUSTEALS Member Posts: 5
    edited August 2009
    Tips all well apprciated guys decided to try and grind out £100 to start with and see where i go from there will be mostly looking at the low level DYM (0.30, 0.60 1.15 & 2.25) and the odd MTT
  • bobcat52bobcat52 Member Posts: 568
    edited August 2009
    Starting again from scratch after doing my bank roll.

from entering the freerolls and using up my points I have managed to get my bankroll back up to the princely sum of £3.81

Only taken me a month (though admittedly I have had much time to play).

If I stay on track I should be able to afford a take away curry by Christmas!
  • bobcat52bobcat52 Member Posts: 568
    edited August 2009
    Should of read 'haven't ' lol
  • Grimstar30Grimstar30 Member Posts: 1,400
    edited August 2009
    Keep your eyes peeled for my next Blog, there is going to be a competition related to bankrolls.... AND the prize will be free entry to a tournament! - could be good for all you bankroll builders.
  • PinkcapePinkcape Member Posts: 8
    edited August 2009
    In Response to £0 -?:
    after winning a freeroll i managed to turn my £12 winnings into £80 in one night.unfortunately though,bankrolling is not my strong point and the cash was soon gone within a couple days lol