You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Thinking time.. Have your say

IrishWOLFIrishWOLF Member Posts: 62
edited August 2009 in Community Suggestions
Picture this, you start to play multi-table. 3 / 4 tables on the go.  1 table you have a st8 VS possible flush, 2nd table you have pocket queen and being betted heavy at. 3rd table is starting a hand, 4th table nearing an end.

Lot of thinking going on here?  too long and you time out,,  too quick of a call could be a bad call.

Thinking time is set at 15 secs,,  deffo not enough for me..  especially multi-tabling.

Would like to see a time bank sort of thing, where you build up a time bank for the previous quick passes or thinking time increased..

_----__

any1 else feel the same about this??  please leave a comment on this, do the poll and any ideas you have on improving this..

many thanks,,

Lee ,,

Comments

• Options
    YoungUnYoungUn Member Posts: 422
    edited August 2009
    I'm pretty sure this has been brought up before and i'm afraid to say I don't think it's on the top of Sky's to-do list.

I am a big fan of the time-bank though and would like to see it implemented. 15 seconds is fine as a standard time allowance but an extra 15 seconds that can only be used at request and is not called upon if someone times out would be perfect.
  • Options
    dowzerdowzer Member Posts: 218
    edited August 2009
    I dont mind either way as long as it doesn't spoil the game for those of us who don't multi-table - in some ways I feel that this should be part of a players decision criteria when contemplating multi tabling. If 15 seconds on 4 tables is not enough then play less tables?

As someone who only single tables I don't want to be spending twice as long waiting on someone to decide just because they are multitabling - it would ruin the enjoyment for me and others I suspect.
  • Options
    NoseyBonkNoseyBonk Member Posts: 6,171
    edited August 2009
    I was going to ask if they could put it a 'timeout' feature which you could use once or twice in a game to get extra time for that tricky decision.

• Options
    edited August 2009
    In Response to Re: Thinking time.. Have your say:
    I'm pretty sure this has been brought up before and i'm afraid to say I don't think it's on the top of Sky's to-do list. I am a big fan of the time-bank though and would like to see it implemented. 15 seconds is fine as a standard time allowance but an extra 15 seconds that can only be used at request and is not called upon if someone times out would be perfect.
    Posted by YoungUn
    ------------

Brought up yes, but nothing is being done about it. And the top of the list was multi-tabling, thats done. Thinking time needs to be taken into concideration here. Other big site there is time banks etc. Of-course 1 thing at a time, but i think this is a big thing, and in a list priorities should be next on the list.

Would be great if Sky would post something on this. Telling us what they are doing about it. I'm pretty sure there's something in the pipeline.

T.Y for your comment

• Options
    MrOrangeMrOrange Member Posts: 49
    edited August 2009
    I only single table but even then a big desicion needs longer than 15 seconds when its for your tournament life. So a time bank would be perfect and it cant be too difficult to implement. As long as its not abused then it would work perfectly.
  • Options
    OMahonyOOMahonyO Member Posts: 1,883
    edited August 2009
    Less thinking time = more hands/hr = more ££
  • Options
    bennydip2bennydip2 Member Posts: 2,093
    edited August 2009
      If  you got to think about it... Pass   that simple !

The are lots of MTT's  from deep-stacks to turbo with various  structure's,   pick the one that  suits your game !

The thing i  like most about SkyPoker is the very fact you have a lot of choice in this department.
    The last thing needed is a  2minuet clock with 10min levels  ..  jeez  can you imagine what a mess that would be !!

Players need to look at the games that suit their style and game play, and if they need  2 min thinking time, they should either play  live or take a look at themselves and their own game ..

glk
  • Options
    mildot308mildot308 Member Posts: 21
    edited August 2009
    if you are running 3-4 tables and you are running out of time on a regular bacis why not cut down on the number of tables you are playing? if the time was extended then people would get less hands per blind level, people would get bored waiting ect ect.
  • Options
    FishingPhiFishingPhi Member Posts: 73
    edited August 2009
    If time is a problem, then you're obviously out of your depth. Multi tabling is hard work and you need to be a very good player to keep up with the pace AND make good decisions. Don't try to run before you can walk... ;o)
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    In Response to Re: Thinking time.. Have your say:
    If time is a problem, then you're obviously out of your depth. Multi tabling is hard work and you need to be a very good player to keep up with the pace AND make good decisions. Don't try to run before you can walk... ;o)
    Posted by FishingPhi
    yea,, outa my depths.. ??  i'm playing a long time..  any other site has a time bank..  its about time sky caught up..

its not a two minute clock,, its the time u saved on hands before..

and whats the use in introducing multi-table with out the time bank..