You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

My first live game ever

Eliniki22Eliniki22 Member Posts: 30
edited August 2009 in Poker Chat
Hi guys,

Going with Dave (Grimstar or now been christened Glumbra by TK) to my first every live game. National pub league on Thursday. Does anyone have any advice for me? Will they play different to what I am used to on Sky?

xx

Comments

• bennydip2bennydip2 Member Posts: 2,093
    edited August 2009
    Just enjoy the experience,    play tight ..be patient  !!
     try not to give any 'tells'  .. like going for your chips when you've looked at your cards 
    and  enjoy !! 
    glk
  • mickjenn1mickjenn1 Member Posts: 740
    edited August 2009
    In Response to My first live game ever:
    Hi guys, Going with Dave (Grimstar or now been christened Glumbra by TK) to my first every live game. National pub league on Thursday. Does anyone have any advice for me? Will they play different to what I am used to on Sky? xx
    Posted by Eliniki22
    yes i suggest u put the fellas of by wearing low cut top, and give them a few winks from time 2 time, they will take pity on you and keep u in................. trust me, your playing in a pub wiv guys who have had a few bevvies they will be like a dog wiv 2 ......, i think u will WIN  lol, no offence dave.
  • acebarry10acebarry10 Member Posts: 7,556
    edited August 2009
    In Response to Re: My first live game ever:
    In Response to My first live game ever : yes i suggest u put the fellas of by wearing low cut top, and give them a few winks from time 2 time, they will take pity on you and keep u in................. trust me, your playing in a pub wiv guys who have had a few bevvies they will be like a dog wiv 2 ......, i think u will WIN  lol, no offence dave.
    Posted by mickjenn1
    Look mick, lets be sensible about this, I suggest Alana going in a Bikini with a long coat covering her up because the wives and girlfriends of the players are likely to be there, they will take one look at Alana and drag em out of the pub how can they lose? ;)

Seriously, as tikay told me just, go and enjoy it.

• Grimstar30Grimstar30 Member Posts: 1,400
    edited August 2009
    Barry if that works, Alana is defo coming to the next Tour event ;)  go check out my competition on my blog
  • Eliniki22Eliniki22 Member Posts: 30
    edited August 2009
    Thanks guys - I think the wonderbra has to come out of retirement then lol anything to beat David!

x
  • FBSFBS Member Posts: 131
    edited August 2009
    best tips I can think of is ...

DO NOT look at your cards untill it is your turn to act pre flop .....

Have Fun ...

and prepare to see some really BAD BAD BEATS,

Oh ...

and

HAVE FUN
  • mr_mbromr_mbro Member Posts: 1,152
    edited August 2009
    In Response to My first live game ever:
    Hi guys, Going with Dave (Grimstar or now been christened Glumbra by TK) to my first every live game. National pub league on Thursday. Does anyone have any advice for me? Will they play different to what I am used to on Sky? xx
    Posted by Eliniki22[/QUOTE

Hi Alan,
    Try these couple of tips.
    1. Dont look at your cards until it's your turn. You cant give any early tells that way and you can watch the reaction of others.
    2. Don't play with your chips unless you can do a riffle with chips, a live environment is not the time to practise this art.
    3. Play tightish, dont feel you have to defend your blinds, unless someone is targeting you, then on the third time they do it push back at them.
    4. If you get short of chips dont look and go allin blind, when you are either Button or SB/BB. If you do this and win preflop tell them hehe.
    5. Don' worry where Dave is in the chips.
    6. Finally have a couple of drinks(to relax)and ENJOY IT.

COL
  • acebarry10acebarry10 Member Posts: 7,556
    edited August 2009
    In Response to Re: My first live game ever:
    Thanks guys - I think the wonderbra has to come out of retirement then lol anything to beat David! x
    Posted by Eliniki22
    In that case there is only1 answer ;)