You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

LIVE TORNEY PLAYERS ON TV

DazlerDazler Member Posts: 3,970
edited August 2009 in Poker Chat
Here is an idea for sky that i think would be really good. How about having a tornament online and the prize would be a live tv tornament with players that qualify on the internet playing in the final in person as they do with say party poker and other programs rather than just seeing our avatars like we do in the open each night. I personaly would love to be on the telly in person playing a live game with other players as im sure most of us would. It could be done once a month or every 6 months but would be really exciting. Let me know what you think or if this is possible. Come on sky bosses you know it makes sense.

Comments

• X5-494X5-494 Member Posts: 30
    edited August 2009

That would be a great idea.  Like have a main tourney online each Friday top 2 go through for 4 weeks and have a 8 person game Live the following month - like partypoker.  And at the end of the year the 12 winners of the monthly matches could face off in a yearly live game. Not like i would ever qualify LOL.

But it would be a good idea and would probably attract more punters to the site as well.

• mickjenn1mickjenn1 Member Posts: 740
    edited August 2009
    good idea dazler
  • OMahonyOOMahonyO Member Posts: 1,883
    edited August 2009
    I like it.
  • repton3repton3 Member Posts: 185
    edited August 2009
    Sounds like a really good idea.  Would be something to aim for at least.
  • bennydip2bennydip2 Member Posts: 2,093
    edited August 2009
    Would be fun and a good idea .. I'm sure it would make great TV for SkyPoker and the forum guys and gals would love it .... 

Table set up with key-hole camera's to see hole cards and Compo and TK

doing a 'Jessie May" and "Barnie Boatman" commentary   hahaaa

• Grimstar30Grimstar30 Member Posts: 1,400
    edited August 2009
    +1 init!
  • DazlerDazler Member Posts: 3,970
    edited August 2009
    Sky is the biggest broadcaster in the land so cant see why not. Keep the comments coming and dont forget was my idea sky so you can let me present it or give me some dosh lol. Ill even comb my hair and wear a really bad shirt.
  • SoLackSoLack Member Posts: 2,737
    edited August 2009
    The trouble is, you're all too *u****g ugly
    edited August 2009
    In Response to Re: LIVE TORNEY PLAYERS ON TV:
    The trouble is, you're all too *u****g ugly
    Posted by SoLack
    How very dare you Brother SoLack now get back to the Church of Dazler and repent that word 'ugly' even if its true!
    edited August 2009
    You could even show a torny with PRESENTERS VS ANALYSTS  wonder who would win that. And following on from that they could all play us real poker players :) im sure they would like to see us in person or is that the reason they dont have one lol
  • LukeFullerLukeFuller Member Posts: 39
    edited August 2009
    I wanna face a presenter or analyst in a heads up battle, would be cool, I'd win obviously
  • bobcat52bobcat52 Member Posts: 568
    edited August 2009
    Sounds like a good idea!
  • RichiSwiftRichiSwift Member Posts: 149
    edited August 2009
    excellent idea

As well has 'play the presenter' wouldn't it be good to have 'play the analyst' also.
  • OMahonyOOMahonyO Member Posts: 1,883
    edited August 2009
    means i might have to get dressed though
  • LukeFullerLukeFuller Member Posts: 39
    edited August 2009
    Play the analyst already happens with Tikay and others init
    edited August 2009
    If anyone of the guys from the show read this would you like to comment on if this would ever be possible?