You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Downloadable client

OMahonyOOMahonyO Member Posts: 1,883
edited September 2009 in Poker Chat
I have heard we will have the option of one of these soon.  Can any suits/presenters be more specific, as in how soon.

Cheers

Comments

• Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 166,862
    edited August 2009

I'd be very surprised if anyone would be prepared to put a date on this.

Everything has to be tested, tested again, Beta-Tested, da de da, so these dates have a habit of moving around. To name the date would be asking for trouble, because if the date moved, Sky Poker would get a bit of a kicking.

It's on the way, & won't be long.

The majority of Sky Poker players don't feel a need for a Downloadable Client - in fact the lack of one was cited in a Customer Survey as a big plus - so that was interesting! The Dream Scenario therefore is to have both, & so that's the way it will be.

Anyway, Sky Poker players will have a choice.

"Soon". ;)
  • SolidStan1SolidStan1 Member Posts: 235
    edited August 2009
    Why do we need a downloadable client, what would the difference be?
    A mobile phone client would be nice tho! ;-)
  • OMahonyOOMahonyO Member Posts: 1,883
    edited August 2009
    In Response to Re: Downloadable client:
    Why do we need a downloadable client, what would the difference be? A mobile phone client would be nice tho! ;-)
    Posted by SolidStan1
    Every other site I have played is downloadable, and the software on most works so much better than sky at the moment.  The main reason for me would be so I could multitable more than 5 tables without everything freezing, running slow, and crashing
  • DazlerDazler Member Posts: 3,970
    edited August 2009
    I think its a great idea i have real trouble multi tableing and just dont bother now cos its too slow. Other sites i play seem to deal with it fine but for some reason there is a slight lag and have had hands folding automaticaly. ive got a high end spec laptop and i know its on wireless but it shouldnt be as bad as it is. So I think having the downloadable client will help.
  • oynutteroynutter Member Posts: 4,773
    edited August 2009
     i too would love to see a reliable download option because of the extra reliability--i have loads of problems with the flash player--mostly due to wireless and slow connection.which seems fine on download sites--one possible way around it dazler is to buy a thing called onspeed, the technical staff have told me this should solve most, if not all of the trouble associated with slow and/or wireless connections--i will be aquiring this technology asap and will let you know what difference it makes---i will send you a message in a week or so--as i have to get a visa card to buy it --cost is around 30 quid a year but if it does what it says it will do it is well worth that amount
  • FishingPhiFishingPhi Member Posts: 73
    edited September 2009
    Any more news on this? Will it be yet another Windows only software?