You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky pokers own downloadable software

wasnmeewasnmee Member Posts: 13
edited July 2010 in Community Help & Advice
Are there any plans for sky to develop there own downloadable poker client?

I use I.E. and firefox at the mo, both are slow to open tables and find it very frustrating trying to get on a cash table at busy times. By the time the table loads the seat is most often taken.

I also find it is not possible for me to have more than 2 tables open at any 1 time. The lag makes them unplayable. Dont like to use mini view.

Any1 else have the same? Or any suggestions?

Paul

Comments

• oynutteroynutter Member Posts: 4,773
    edited July 2010
    don't worry wasnme, there is a great big ready-mix lorry on the way down the m1, it's a bit slow, but it's got some concrete news in it that you will be very happy about--really though--the technical team have been working on a download version of the site for a very long time, and then another long time, and then a few more long times--- in conclusion, I think you will find that the official word is----

Whilst we do not have it at the moment, and probably won't have it tomorrow either, all the indications are there, that the download is just around the corner
  • Sky_RichSky_Rich Member Posts: 3,837
    edited July 2010
    perhaps not the most help reply there oynutter.

Hi wasnmee,

Yes there sure are plans to launch a download version of Sky poker. This question has been asked a lot as has 'when will it be released?'. I left the below response elsewhere and it's probably pretty useful in this thread too...

the thing is, we are building the download from scratch and not using a template such as many other big sites do. we want to release a product that is not only up there with the best but is unique to Sky. Our theory is that it's better to take some time and make sure the final version is a quality bug free product, rather than rush and deliver something that might later cause problems for our customers.

hopefully you'll appreciate this, stay patient and enjoy the final product when it's ready.

all the best to you,

Rich
  • Mr_MiyagiMr_Miyagi Member Posts: 2,031
    edited July 2010
    When they do make a downloadable thing, will there be the potential to still play without downloading?
  • wasnmeewasnmee Member Posts: 13
    edited July 2010
    In Response to Re: Sky pokers own downloadable software:
    perhaps not the most help reply there oynutter. Hi wasnmee, Yes there sure are plans to launch a download version of Sky poker. This question has been asked a lot as has 'when will it be released?'. I left the below response elsewhere and it's probably pretty useful in this thread too... the thing is, we are building the download from scratch and not using a template such as many other big sites do. we want to release a product that is not only up there with the best but is unique to Sky. Our theory is that it's better to take some time and make sure the final version is a quality bug free product, rather than rush and deliver something that might later cause problems for our customers. hopefully you'll appreciate this, stay patient and enjoy the final product when it's ready. all the best to you, Rich
    Posted by Sky_Rich
    Ok I wait patiently for the good day.

Thanks for the replies.
  • oynutteroynutter Member Posts: 4,773
    edited July 2010
    perhaps not the most help reply there oynutter. Hi wasnmee, Yes there sure are plans to launch a download version of Sky poker. This question has been asked a lot as has 'when will it be released?'. I left the below response elsewhere and it's probably pretty useful in this thread too... the thing is, we are building the download from scratch and not using a template such as many other big sites do. we want to release a product that is not only up there with the best but is unique to Sky. Our theory is that it's better to take some time and make sure the final version is a quality bug free product, rather than rush and deliver something that might later cause problems for our customers. hopefully you'll appreciate this, stay patient and enjoy the final product when it's ready. all the best to you, Rich
    Posted by Sky_Rich
     Perhaps you are right there Rich, but you know how many people have a lot of trouble on the site, and are waiting for the download to solve a lot of issues. You are also aware that we were told nearly two years ago that a download was in development, and that sky Bernie himself said that it would be released in feb/march of this year.
      Now, I may not be the most patient and tolerant person that has ever lived on earth, but I am good at poker, and very good at trout fishing, so I can't be that bad innit-----I, and many, many others cannot multi-table on sky, or even risk playing in two tournaments at the same time, this is a very frustrating situation, made even more frustrating by the fact that we see players leaving sky and having to play on other sites because of this.      We want our favourite site to have more players, and have players that stay here, the download will make this site as playable as any other site, and will make sky the best site on the net, people that want sky poker to reach it's full potential are fully aware that the download issue is preventing this from happening--- This is why we are frustrated Rich. I know it takes time to develop a download version of a poker site, but when the powers that be know full well that it is essential to the growth of business on the site, then surely you can see how disappointed people are that it has not even been given top priority.

perhaps not

Tunbridge Wells
  • MachkaMachka Member Posts: 4,627
    edited July 2010
    When they do make a downloadable thing, will there be the potential to still play without downloading?
    Posted by Mr_Miyagi
    You could try telepathy.
  • silentbobsilentbob Member Posts: 2,137
    edited July 2010
    Posted by Mr_Miyagi
    Apparently so Mr M. I asked pretty much the same question on the other thread.
  • wasnmeewasnmee Member Posts: 13
    edited July 2010
    In Response to Re: Sky pokers own downloadable software :  Perhaps you are right there Rich, but you know how many people have a lot of trouble on the site, and are waiting for the download to solve a lot of issues. You are also aware that we were told nearly two years ago that a download was in develpment, and that sky Bernie himself said that it would be released in feb/march of this year.   Now, I may not be the most patient and tolerant person that has ever lived on earth, but I am good at poker, and very good at trout fishing, so I can't be that bad innit-----I, and many, many others cannot multi-table on sky, or even risk playing in two tournaments at the same time, this is a very frustrating situation, made even more frustrating by the fact that we see players leaving sky and having to play on other sites because of this.      We want our favourite site to have more players, and have players that stay here, the download will make this site as playable as any other site, and will make sky the best site on the net, people that want sky poker to reach it's full potential are fully aware that the download issue is preventing this from happening--- This is why we are frustrated Rich. I know it takes time to develop a download version of a poker site, but when the powers that be know full well that it is essential to the growth of business on the site, then surely you can see how disappionted people are that it has not even been given top priority.                    perhaps not                                Tunbridge Wells
    Posted by oynutter
    Perfectly put oynutter,

I'm pretty new here. And I like sky poker, thats why I have been playing alot here and take time to get involved in the forums. BUT! I do use other poker sites becuse of the browser problem with sky.

Even with just 2 tables open I sometimes see my AA's disapear into the mist before I have time to react.

My dog wishes to complain aswell!!!

If enough people make enough noise then sky might make it more of a priority?

Or are they more interested in the other gambling pies they have going on.

Seems odd that they invest alot of money on sky poker tv but not to much on what the poker players want. Dont get me wrong, sky poker tv is exellent! love to watch it but have to close the second table if I do.

Maybe there isn't enough people moaning about it?

Mabe a poll Rich?

Regards,

Paul
  • DirebusDirebus Member Posts: 1
    edited July 2010
    The software is frankly a joke.

I will be taking my money and playing on a proper site, where the tables dont crash etc

Even PKR is better than this rubbish
  • cottladcottlad Member Posts: 439
    edited July 2010
    This is why i love the laggy software....... £80 thrown into the muck :/
    PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
    cottlad Small blind  £0.25 £0.25 £33.76
    St3nt Big blind  £0.50 £0.75 £54.96
      Your hole cards
    • A

CUEBOY45 Call  £0.50 £1.25 £157.86
    arthur1965 Call  £0.50 £1.75 £51.31
    cottlad Call  £0.25 £2.00 £33.51