You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Unresponsive Script in Tournament Lobby

clubhammerclubhammer Member Posts: 109
edited July 2010 in Community Help & Advice
Hi all.

I have been playing freeplay tables (2 or 3 tables at a time) with no problem.
Everytime I do a freeroll tournament - I have the Lobby window open and table opens then everything freezes.
I use Mozilla Firefox.
I just opened a tournament lobby window & got "the following script is unresponsive" -

https://www.skypoker.com/js/ob/TnmtLobbyLib.js:568

Can anyone help please

Comments

• oynutteroynutter Member Posts: 4,773
    edited July 2010
    Hi clubhammer, are you playing on mobile broadband, or with a slowish connection speed?
  • BURNShurtzBURNShurtz Member Posts: 1,005
    edited July 2010
    i have this prob when away using mobile broadband, the ping rate is just to slow so the info between you and the server gets stuck. also home broadband in rural areas my have a good mbs but a poor ping rate.
  • Sky_RichSky_Rich Member Posts: 3,837
    edited July 2010
    Hi Guys,

I'm sorry to hear of the problems you have been experiencing on our tables.

I've left the following response elsewhere but it could also be of use in this situation...

The cause of the ‘adobe script error’ is in itself very simple, it’s seen when your PC Processor overloads whilst running flash based programs, causing the flash to slow down and crash. The same will happen when running ANY flash based program, E.G. Youtube, when your processor overloads.

The problem with these queries is the question ‘what caused the pc processor to overload?’ It is impossible for us to give a definite answer, although we can advise that any process running on the PC (which could include hidden processes running in the background) that use up processor power, will contribute to error, the severity is clearly dependant on the pc’s overall capacity

E.G:

• Running other flash programs (multi-tabling, youtube etc)
    • User running other non-flash programs simultaneously
    • Hidden processes running in the background E.G. data fragmentation, scheduled viral scans
    • Toolbars (It has been commented by customers on previous threads that google toolbar is particularly intensive on your processor – I can’t prove or deny this in any way)
    • Operating system (VISTA is particularly processor intensive we believe)
    • Web Browser (the optimum browser varies for different users, we can’t just say Firefox or Chrome etc is the best)
    • Basically any program ever written for a PC that

Clearly the higher the spec of your PC – the less (or indeed any) of the above matter and vice versa. It has been proven that players can play 16 tables simultaneously on Sky Poker without ever getting this error – that’s simply because their processor can handle it all.

We actually have a project in development that will decrease the load and increase the minimum spec of your computer required to smoothly play on our tables. Once released this should dramatically improve your experience. I can't be too specific as to release dates just yet but the final quarter of the year looks likely.

I hope this helps slightly and if you need anything else - just shout.

Rich
  • clubhammerclubhammer Member Posts: 109
    edited July 2010
    Hi guys thanks for your replies.
    I am using a Sky wireless router with download speed 15.6 Mb/s, upload speed 0.81 Mb/s and ping 49ms, according to Speedtest.net.
    The problem doesn't occur when multi-tabling, but specifically when i have the tournamnt lobby window open.
    I will try shutting down other "hungry" apps, and see how that goes.
    The new software developments will be good "hopefully"!
    Thanks again
  • Sky_RichSky_Rich Member Posts: 3,837
    edited July 2010
    Ok great. let us know how you get on