You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Deepstacks, sleepstacks or whatever you call them

rossjb14rossjb14 Member Posts: 700
edited August 2009 in Poker Chat
i think the deepies are definately the best value for money--we have some 10 seaters now and think its great to have the choice--players are slowly coming to realise that they do represent great value. and imo they will steadily grow--the only problem is that they teach players very quickly how to play good solid poker and pretty soon we will be running short of NUTTERS-----LOL

Comments

• oynutteroynutter Member Posts: 4,773
    edited August 2009
    PS--cant see the point of antes at all---and agree with tk--and i am not saying that just because he's blooming marvellous
  • Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 166,859
    edited August 2009
    In Response to Re: Deepstacks, sleepstacks or whatever you call them:
    PS--cant see the point of antes at all---and agree with tk--and i am not saying that just because he's blooming marvellous
    Posted by oynutter
    Lol, thank you.

But just to clarify what you said.

I DO see the point of antes, & I've played with antes hundreds of times, & enjoy them, & I've been responsible for organising quite a few Live Tourneys in which Antes have been used.

But there is currently no Tournament on Sky Poker which would benefit from running Antes.

Running Antes make the game play faster.

Even our Deepies would not easily adapt to Running Antes.

Running Antes are a bit like HORSE Tourneys. Folks wanna play them cos it sounds cool, but do they really understand them? In many cases, not!
  • FlashFlushFlashFlush Member Posts: 4,494
    edited August 2009
    In Response to Re: Deepstacks, sleepstacks or whatever you call them : Lol, thank you. But just to clarify what you said. I DO see the point of antes, & I've played with antes hundreds of times, & enjoy them, & I've been responsible for organising quite a few Live Tourneys in which Antes have been used. But there is currently no Tournament on Sky Poker which would benefit from running Antes. Running Antes make the game play faster. Even our Deepies would not easily adapt to Running Antes. Running Antes are a bit like HORSE Tourneys. Folks wanna play them cos it sounds cool, but do they really understand them? In many cases, not!
    Posted by Tikay10
    The only 2 games that may benfit from ante's are the £22 deep and the £110 deep as they are 15 min blinds not 12 like the other d/s ... but with the larger buyin you want more play and not feel rushed, so i agree ATM keep ante's out, until/if we introduce a 20 min blind trny....
  • Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 166,859
    edited August 2009
    In Response to Re: Deepstacks, sleepstacks or whatever you call them : The only 2 games that may benfit from ante's are the £22 deep and the £110 deep as they are 15 min blinds not 12 like the other d/s ... but with the larger buyin you want more play and not feel rushed, so i agree ATM keep ante's out, until/if we introduce a 20 min blind trny....
    Posted by FlashFlush
    Which is precisely my view.