You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

ADOBE?????? HELP?????? IT WHIZZ NEEDED

monkey123monkey123 Member Posts: 590
edited July 2010 in Community Help & Advice
Hi guys

I'm in need of your help i have upgraded this year to a laptop ( 4gb mem 500gb hdd) and have connected up wireless via my orange 8mg maxi home package and its been great open up and playing 4 tables and watch sky tv at the same time  with ease,
However now it will only allow me to play 1 table if i try 2 or watch sky poker it becomes slow and i miss hands etc etc ( on away ) ???? i haven't down loaded any pics videos or music only norton360 i did notice last time i tried to open 2 it mentioned adobe 10 flash player warning may cause this programme to run slow ????? or something to that effect please can any 1 help ???? its been a month of 1 table and i need moreeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Kind Regards

Barry monkey123

Comments

• jackdajackda Member Posts: 501
    edited July 2010
    Same thing has happened to me,use firefox now instead of internet explorer and it has improved but still not great.Even having 1 table open is bad sometimes.Its a shame as havent played much lately cos of it.

• POKERTREVPOKERTREV Member Posts: 9,607
    edited July 2010
    Norton 360 will slow any pc system down, it's a memory hog and is bloated with many programs working in the background. It may even be doing a scheduled scan in the background without u knowing.

Try uninstalling it and using something like Avast Home 4 for antivirus software, and it's free and a great virus software.

Also if you have another internet security program installed like Norton you will need to disable your windows firewall.

Personally I prefer to use the windows firewall and install a separate anti-virus like Avast. These are simple free and very effective and use up less resources.

Other things you can try are:
    Disable any search/tool bars such as google/yahoo etc whilst playing poker
    Try another web browser such as firefox
    Stop any virus scans that may may be running in the background
  • stoneface1stoneface1 Member Posts: 92
    edited July 2010
    i use firefox as recommended by skypoker and a full sky package. i reached heads up in tonights £1200 BH and was a comfortable 1st place when i lost connection until after i was blinded out. skypoker's response was: not our problem and basically tough luck for me??? is this typical of skypoker and whats the point playing if you cannot rely on the services they provide or recommend???
  • MachkaMachka Member Posts: 4,627
    edited July 2010
    Before uninstalling and reinstalling software try and identify what it is that's actually hogging the processor.

When playing press alt-ctrl-del and get task manager started..

On the processes tab click on the CPU heading to sort by CPU use.

What is using the most CPU?
  • fishinphilfishinphil Member Posts: 1
    edited July 2010
    Is it actually a problem with your laptop? The spec should be more than adequate and the fact it USED to be ok proves that. Most problems are due to internet lag. UK broadband is poop at the best of times and the whole infrastructure is just overloaded because most of us still have copper cables running to our houses instead of fibre optics like other countries. Browsing might seem ok, but the constant stream of unbuffered data flowing between us and the sky poker servers gives our connections a good thraping and will highlight any underlying lag or slowness. We should be able to check the response times using the PING command to www.skypoker.com (or ip address 194.145.126.133), but they're obviously blocking pings (usually for security measures).

So what we really need is a SKY MOD to tell us how we can test the response time between our PC and Sky's servers - this would at least help us to determine whether it's an internet problem OR a PC/Laptop problem...
  • cottladcottlad Member Posts: 439
    edited July 2010
    In Response to ADOBE?????? HELP?????? IT WHIZZ NEEDED:
           only norton360      
    Here is yr problem.  How that company is still in business is beyond me.  Ditch Norton and use something else.  Kaspersky is a good pay one and microsoft has a good freebie.
  • monkey123monkey123 Member Posts: 590
    edited July 2010
    Thanks for your time on this peeps your all a massive help

monkey123
  • MachkaMachka Member Posts: 4,627
    edited July 2010
    In Response to Re: ADOBE?????? HELP?????? IT WHIZZ NEEDED:
    In Response to ADOBE?????? HELP?????? IT WHIZZ NEEDED : Here is yr problem.  How that company is still in business is beyond me.  Ditch Norton and use something else.  Kaspersky is a good pay one and microsoft has a good freebie.
    Posted by cottlad
    I would have agreed with this up until the latest incarnation of norton360, it's a massive improvement on all previous versions and one of the best in terms of resource usage.

Personally I think monkey just needs to buy free-range bananas instead of those ones grown in cages.