You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

SKYPOKER valued customers/customer relations?

stoneface1stoneface1 Member Posts: 92
edited July 2010 in Community Help & Advice
having just reached heads up in the £1200 bounty hunter with a strong 1st position my connection was lost? i have full sky package costing £120 per month and use mozilla firefox that was recommended by skypoker. nothing i attempted allowed for reconnection until i was blinded out and when ringing to service agents i am informed that it is my fault and skypoker has no responsibility for the loss of connection?? is this really the position of skypoker to accept no responsibility when clearly i am fully attatched to sky and its recommendations?
i have withdrawn all my monies due to negative conversation i have had with a service agent and am fully prepared to finish playing on skypoker altogether if this is the service provision one would expect to receive at skypoker. to me it is completely unacceptable that sky and skypoker blame the service provider they have recommended me to use and basically say tough to my concerns?
i thought skypoker was concerned with the welfare of its customers and its reputation, is such the case and if so what does such a response mean with respect to that? responses from the sky team very much required please???

Comments

• aussie09aussie09 Member Posts: 8,033
    edited July 2010

it is not skypoker. it is not mozilla firefox, it is not your laptop manufacturer, it is not microsoft operating system, it is not your electricity supplier, it is not bt or the people who supply telecommunications to you, it is not me, it is not your heads up opponent, it is you who are responsible.

you might wish to relinquish the prize money for bounties and second place and get your entrance fee back.

there was always the chance that you were being funny with your post, in which case, i apologise for my dismissal of your point.  if you were not joking, please re-read the first two paragraphs and good luck wherever you go.

• scotty77scotty77 Member Posts: 4,970
    edited July 2010
    was the issue just on sky poker.com or was it your entire internet connection that went down?

if it was the latter then i cant see why skypoker should be seen to be at fault.  even tho they are within the same group of companies they operate individually.
  • Sky_RichSky_Rich Member Posts: 3,837
    edited July 2010
    In Response to SKYPOKER valued customers/customer relations?:
    having just reached heads up in the £1200 bounty hunter with a strong 1st position my connection was lost? i have full sky package costing £120 per month and use mozilla firefox that was recommended by skypoker. nothing i attempted allowed for reconnection until i was blinded out and when ringing to service agents i am informed that it is my fault and skypoker has no responsibility for the loss of connection?? is this really the position of skypoker to accept no responsibility when clearly i am fully attatched to sky and its recommendations? i have withdrawn all my monies due to negative conversation i have had with a service agent and am fully prepared to finish playing on skypoker altogether if this is the service provision one would expect to receive at skypoker. to me it is completely unacceptable that sky and skypoker blame the service provider they have recommended me to use and basically say tough to my concerns? i thought skypoker was concerned with the welfare of its customers and its reputation, is such the case and if so what does such a response mean with respect to that? responses from the sky team very much required please???
    Posted by stoneface1

Hi Stoneface,
    I'm really sorry to hear about your problems on the tables last night. I'll look straight into this and get back to you shortly.

Kind regards,

Rich
  • LENGALENGLENGALENG Member Posts: 337
    edited July 2010
    £120 a month!!!!!!   i think sky saw you coming mate
    edited July 2010
    In Response to Re: SKYPOKER valued customers/customer relations?:
    In Response to Re: SKYPOKER valued customers/customer relations? : idiot!!!! the differnce in prize money between 1st and 2nd is huge and he is entitled to a whinge if the sky poker software cost him money... i was at the tables last night and lost connection a few times. (whilst rest of internet was working fine with me) remember a few weeks ago when all mtts and sng crashed?? i was chip leader win a sat for swansea... 4 qualify 5 left....... i was a big chip leader... it crashed... when i rang customer service i was told AS A GESTURE OF GOODWILL I COULD HAVE A REFUND TO THE TOUNRNY!!! they coulnt understand that this was not good enough... sky = fun site customer services = rubbish!!
    Posted by bigflop1
    hold your fire bigflop1... please don't be personally abusive.

as you say, "if skypoker software cost him," the legal position is that it didn't.  you might acknowledge that taking a belligerent approach towards customer services is not going to get stoneface1 any gesture of goodwill.  it seems that you, like stoneface1, might benefit by being more accepting of what is your own responsibility on these occasions and more aware that your approach to problem solving might be counter-productive.

• stoneface1stoneface1 Member Posts: 92
    edited July 2010
    to rich, unfortunately i was at work this a.m but thnx for your attempts to get somebody to call me :)
    to aussie, you drew a response you deserved from bigflop trying to be witty when in fact you fell way short and just about managed sarcasm, a trait that often seems to raise its witless head on this forum! Sure its my responsibility, afterall i dont have to play in the 1st place do I? however, skypoker and sky, my internet provider, are linked however loosely and gestures of goodwill when they cant provide the services they make so much money from should be relative to the loss, both in terms of kudos and finance. as for the beligerent approach to customer services, how many customers will accept negative and inconsiderate service agent comments when losing £100+? AND what did your pathetic attempt at wit achieve in terms of my dissatifaction, perhaps gloating at the aspirations of a fellow player being stopped by foul means when playing good poker?
    thnx for the support bigflop!! :)
    edited July 2010

stoneface1, nice to see you have improved your attitude.

edited July 2010
    i think the spelling is numpty and may be considered personal abuse, if indeed i were! however, save your handbags for your evenings at the womens institute, i feel your debating techniques will be best served there with cakes and tea!
    edited July 2010
    In Response to Re: SKYPOKER valued customers/customer relations?:
    to rich, unfortunately i was at work this a.m but thnx for your attempts to get somebody to call me :) to aussie, you drew a response you deserved from bigflop trying to be witty when in fact you fell way short and just about managed sarcasm, a trait that often seems to raise its witless head on this forum! Sure its my responsibility, afterall i dont have to play in the 1st place do I? however, skypoker and sky, my internet provider, are linked however loosely and gestures of goodwill when they cant provide the services they make so much money from should be relative to the loss, both in terms of kudos and finance. as for the beligerent approach to customer services, how many customers will accept negative and inconsiderate service agent comments when losing £100+? AND what did your pathetic attempt at wit achieve in terms of my dissatifaction, perhaps gloating at the aspirations of a fellow player being stopped by foul means when playing good poker? thnx for the support bigflop!! :)
    Posted by stoneface1

Hey Stoneface,

Did the team call again and manage to catch you?

If not, let me know a time and day that suits you and i'll make sure one of the team calls again.

Customer care and satisfaction is really important to me so i'm really keen to find a good resolution for you.

anyway, let me know!

Cheers
    edited July 2010
    Big flop here's your post with one word removed. please keep things friendly.

thanks.

"the differnce in prize money between 1st and 2nd is huge and he is entitled to a whinge if the sky poker software cost him money... i was at the tables last night and lost connection a few times. (whilst rest of internet was working fine with me)

remember a few weeks ago when all mtts and sng crashed?? i was chip leader win a sat for swansea... 4 qualify 5 left....... i was a big chip leader... it crashed... when i rang customer service i was told AS A GESTURE OF GOODWILL I COULD HAVE A REFUND TO THE TOUNRNY!!! they coulnt understand that this was not good enough...

sky = fun site
    customer services = rubbish!! "

edited July 2010
    no contact rich?
    sorry for showing my frustrations so poorly but i do think i have a point when it comes to winning the bigger tournies and going down like that? i'll be in most of tomorrow i imagine??
    thnx for your concern its appreciated and i'll try not to vent my spleen in future :)
    edited July 2010
    ok, no problem. let me see what i can do.