You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Display Problem with Mini View

metaraptormetaraptor Member Posts: 58
edited August 2010 in Community Help & Advice

I am having erratic problems when running miniview.  About half of the tables display bet sizes visibly above/below player names but about half the time the bet sizes are displayed so that they are overlapped by playr names and are unseeable.  \this is making it almost impossible for me to multi-table.

I am running IE7 which is correctly portraying all other sites.

Has anyone else come across this problem and cananyone suggest a solution??

Many thanks.

Comments

• beanehbeaneh Member Posts: 4,079
    edited July 2010
    In Response to Display Problem with Mini View:
    I am having erratic problems when running miniview.  About half of the tables display bet sizes visibly above/below player names but about half the time the bet sizes are displayed so that they are overlapped by playr names and are unseeable.  \this is making it almost impossible for me to multi-table. I am running IE7 which is correctly portraying all other sites. Has anyone else come across this problem and cananyone suggest a solution?? Many thanks.
    Posted by metaraptor

in tournies I can never see bet sizes in mini view too!
  • Sky_RichSky_Rich Member Posts: 3,837
    edited July 2010
    Thanks guys,

I'll send this over to the rest of the team and see what they come back with.
  • metaraptormetaraptor Member Posts: 58
    edited July 2010

Thanks Beaneh - it's good to know it's not just my machine.

Thanks Rich - appreciate it.

edited July 2010
    hey,

do you happen to have a screenshot of the issue? if you do, it'd be really useful for the team's investigations.

thank you
    edited July 2010
    In Response to Re: Display Problem with Mini View:
    hey, do you happen to have a screenshot of the issue? if you do, it'd be really useful for the team's investigations. thank you
    Posted by Sky_Rich
    Thanks Rich,

The display error varies (sometimes the bets on the top half of the table are obscured, sometimes the bottom, sometimes both).  I shall try to collect a sample of each error as it occurs over the next day or two then e-mail them in to you.

Thanks again,

Ian.
    edited July 2010
    In Response to Re: Display Problem with Mini View : Thanks Rich, The display error varies (sometimes the bets on the top half of the table are obscured, sometimes the bottom, sometimes both).  I shall try to collect a sample of each error as it occurs over the next day or two then e-mail them in to you. Thanks again, Ian.
    Posted by metaraptor

cool. if you let me know when they're ready i'll PM you an appropriate email address to send them to.

thanks again
  • OMahonyOOMahonyO Member Posts: 1,883
    edited July 2010
    OK, I get this problem quite regular but havent posted it, nice one for bringing attention to it.  It usually happens to me on multiple tables, if I have recently been disconnected for a short time, then reconnect.  It can also happen randomly for no reason.

Solution - Click ur seat rotation tab, click clockwise, then immediately anti - clockwise ( or viceversa, just shift 1 seat one way then back ). This has worked for me every time.  Hope this helps.
    edited July 2010

OMahonyO,

Thanks for your suggestion.  Unfortunately, it didn't work for me when I tried it.  That doesn't mean it won't work for me sometimes.  I am regularly finding that there are 3 areas of the table where the error may or may not occur - independently, makiing  total of 8 display states for a six-handed table.  (I haven't been as exhaustive at looking at 10-handed tables because I don't play as many.)  I have not been able to try your suggestion on all of the 7 error states.

For info, the 3 areas where the error is occurring are

• the top 3 seats together (all display correctly or all display wrongly)
    • the bottom left and bottom centre seat (together)
    • the bottom right seat (individually).

Any combination of these 3 areas can be right or wrong!

Rich,

I have taken enough screen-shots to illustrate the problem an will be pleased to e-mail them to you.

My apologies for the delay in responding - the day job intruded and dragged me completely away from the tables for the last week.  Oh for a lifestyle which would keep me on the tables!

edited July 2010
    No problem at all. I'll reply to your PM asap.

cheers!
  • cottladcottlad Member Posts: 439
    edited July 2010
    miniview for me last 2 days:

No option to return to standard view
    Not able to top up/buy chips
    Not able to read or take notes
    etc etc

In short, miniview seems to be koofed
  • cottladcottlad Member Posts: 439
    edited July 2010
    seems ok now :/
  • JPW33JPW33 Member Posts: 326
    edited July 2010
    I cannot get the chat part up when Im on miniview, so dont know if comments are being made and concerned people think Im ignorant. Can I do anything or do I need to get a bigger laptop as Im only using a 10" one and cannot get standard view to fit in ?
  • Kiwini4uKiwini4u Member Posts: 3,830
    edited July 2010
    I cannot get the chat part up when Im on miniview, so dont know if comments are being made and concerned people think Im ignorant. Can I do anything or do I need to get a bigger laptop as Im only using a 10" one and cannot get standard view to fit in ?
    Posted by JPW33
    When your on miniview you dont have the chat function.  If your concerned about people wondering why your not chatting then why not change your home town to something like "On Miniview", I know several players who do that.

Steve
  • JPW33JPW33 Member Posts: 326
    edited July 2010
    In Response to Re: Display Problem with Mini View : When your on miniview you dont have the chat function.  If your concerned about people wondering why your not chatting then why not change your home town to something like "On Miniview", I know several players who do that. Steve
    Posted by Kiwini4u
    Thanks Steve will do.
    edited August 2010
    Rich has put me in touch with one of the Sky developers, who is now working on this issu.  I shall post the solution when he gets back to me.

I the meantime, a new problem has arisen today when moving from mini view to standard view.  I am therefore starting a new thread (New Problem when Changing Views) as I suspect this will also be generic.
  • Sky_AdamSky_Adam Member Posts: 419
    edited August 2010
    Rich has put me in touch with one of the Sky developers, who is now working on this issu.  I shall post the solution when he gets back to me. I the meantime, a new problem has arisen today when moving from mini view to standard view.  I am therefore starting a new thread (New Problem when Changing Views) as I suspect this will also be generic.
    Posted by metaraptor
    HI All,

We've got a fix for this in test, I should be able to get this live next week all being well, it's a very odd bug which was hard to recreate.

I'll let you know once this fix has been verified and ready for release

Regards

Adam