You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Home games

-BATF1NK--BATF1NK- Member Posts: 2
edited August 2009 in Poker Chat
Looking to start my own home game. Seeking a bit of advice on a six seater game. How many chips do you think is right for all to start with in order to give the game a good life span? I know it depends on blinds and player style but i would like a good starting point to give the game some decent ife span. Thanks!

Comments

• KnackersYaKnackersYa Member Posts: 468
    edited August 2009
    In Response to Home games:
    Looking to start my own home game. Seeking a bit of advice on a six seater game. How many chips do you think is right for all to start with in order to give the game a good life span? I know it depends on blinds and player style but i would like a good starting point to give the game some decent ife span. Thanks!
    Posted by -BATF1NK-
     I usually go with a 4000 starting stack, blinds start at 25/50 with a clock of 20 minutes. Usually works out at about 2 - 3 hour game depending on the players.
  • DazlerDazler Member Posts: 3,970
    edited August 2009
    dont forget lots of booze to supply your fellow m8s just remember not to drink it yourself that way you have the advantage :)
  • DeadluckDeadluck Member Posts: 521
    edited August 2009
    Poker soup is a good website for calculating the blinds, etc! You can calculate the time span of the game to give u plenty of early game poker with 3 streets of betting, and brings the blinds up in enough time for the game to end in the time that you specify.
  • -BATF1NK--BATF1NK- Member Posts: 2
    edited August 2009
    In Response to Re: Home games:
    Poker soup is a good website for calculating the blinds, etc! You can calculate the time span of the game to give u plenty of early game poker with 3 streets of betting, and brings the blinds up in enough time for the game to end in the time that you specify.
    Posted by Deadluck
    Thanks for that.

Having a nightmare with Ace King at the moment. Can't seem to win with this starting hand.