You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

808 games played and achieved zero

NoseyBonkNoseyBonk Member Posts: 6,175
edited August 2009 in Poker Chat
Quite literally - £0 profit! :-D

Doesn't sound like much lol, but to me it is. BLATANT SELF-PIMPAGE WARNING

I started playing Poker in Jan 2009, joined Sky Poker then spent about 190 games donking off cash left right and centre in DYM and the big TV tournaments. In March 2009 I discovered Sharkscope and found out I was running at a loss of £190, and at that very same time learned about proper bankroll management from a fellow Sky Poker player named Steve (alias OnTheR1ver).
I plopped £50 in and decided to take what I learned and try to grind my way back up to profit, and today - 600+ games and five months later - I've finally got there, by grinding the 2.25 and 5.50 DYM tournaments. £0 and a bankroll of £229.

It's been quite tough with a few wobbles along the way (moving back down a level when my roll fell below £110), but I feel like I've won the WSOP! lol (ok, not quite).

Sorry about the self-pimpage but I'm quite chuffed. Now I try to make some money!

Comments

• phil12ukphil12uk Member Posts: 2,856
    edited August 2009
    Well done m8 - onwards and upwards. + also you have all that gained knowledge and hours of practice to draw upon as well now.
  • fingers615fingers615 Member Posts: 154
    edited August 2009
    You can't beat a good luck story. Good on ya mate. Hope your luck continues.
  • annie_dukeannie_duke Member Posts: 545
    edited August 2009
    well done noseybonk!!

• NoseyBonkNoseyBonk Member Posts: 6,175
    edited August 2009
    Thanks guys, very kind.

Probably see you in a few of the deepies soon. I relaxed my MTT entry rules from 2% to 5%.

Incidentally Phil, I think your blog about 'Belief' is spot on. Wise words mate, wise words!

• Bza3swordsBza3swords Member Posts: 91
    edited August 2009
    Well done mate.

I myself have managed to get into profit recently after months of grinding away.  Its def a great feeling!
  • SolidStan1SolidStan1 Member Posts: 235
    edited August 2009
    Congrats M8, Bankroll management is my problem too. What money I put in my sky poker account is my entertainment fund, and I expect to loose it (not the right attitude), my problem is the more I win, the bigger the games I play. My game has certinaly improve loads since I started playing. Just gota improve my bankroll now!

• SolidStan1SolidStan1 Member Posts: 235
    edited August 2009
    O yer, and this is my goal.  Very Impressive.
    A sky poker player, not gona say who, it's upto that player to put a name to his graph, if he wants to.

• Grimstar30Grimstar30 Member Posts: 1,400
    edited August 2009
    Congrats Elliot. Now it's time for me to start grinding... entered and MTT and bubbled back to dyms lol
  • bennydip2bennydip2 Member Posts: 2,093
    edited August 2009
    It's hard to find a winning formula but well done 'nosey'...like "fingers" said you cant beat a winning story !!

glk benny
    edited August 2009
    Thanks all.

Dave (Glumbra :-D ), don't know if you're still in contact with Steve (OnTheR1ver) but if you are - or anyone else is - please say hello from me and get him on here.

edited August 2009
    In Response to Re: 808 games played and achieved zero:
    Thanks all. Dave (Glumbra :-D ), don't know if you're still in contact with Steve (OnTheR1ver) but if you are - or anyone else is - please say hello from me and get him on here.
    Posted by NoseyBonk
    Not spoken to him for ages will give him a shout next time I am on MSN.
  • scotty77scotty77 Member Posts: 4,970
    edited August 2009
    200NL shot take IMO.
    edited August 2009
    200NL shot take IMO.
    Posted by scotty77

.. in about 50 years at this rate :-D lol

edited August 2009
    O yer, and this is my goal.  Very Impressive. A sky poker player, not gona say who, it's upto that player to put a name to his graph, if he wants to.
    Posted by SolidStan1

Don't know who it is but agree - mighty impressive!

There's a lot of very impressive players on this site.

edited August 2009
    Congrats Elliot. Now it's time for me to start grinding... entered and MTT and bubbled back to dyms lol
    Posted by Grimstar30
    How's your challenge going, Dave? I'm still playing the DYMs (not many) and am in profit finally. Had intended to hit the MTT (Deepies) but this week haven't been well enough to stay up late. Lurrrgy.

edited August 2009
    In Response to Re: 808 games played and achieved zero : How's your challenge going, Dave? I'm still playing the DYMs (not many) and am in profit finally. Had intended to hit the MTT (Deepies) but this week haven't been well enough to stay up late. Lurrrgy.
    Posted by NoseyBonk
    Hi Elliot. If you look at my sharkscope (s'n'g' only) you can see where my dym strictness has kicked in, I am grinding away!... if I had not entered the MTT last week would have been nicely up. Discipline is definitely the key.
  • acebarry10acebarry10 Member Posts: 7,556
    edited August 2009
    Way to go, Very Well Done

Long may it continue
  • RESTORMELRESTORMEL Member Posts: 38
    edited August 2009
    Well done to you sir! 

You have now cleared your 'learning to play poker' loan!  Just keep on grinding away and applying those hard earned lessons and good bank roll management like you have been. 

Before you know it, you'll be challenging Durrr heads up for rollz lol!
  • RichiSwiftRichiSwift Member Posts: 149
    edited August 2009
    Congrats M8, Bankroll management is my problem too. What money I put in my sky poker account is my entertainment fund, and I expect to loose it (not the right attitude), my problem is the more I win, the bigger the games I play. My game has certinaly improve loads since I started playing. Just gota improve my bankroll now!
    Posted by SolidStan1
    Hi Stan,

Yep, more I win, the more I gamble too, this is typical of all gambling,
    quit while ahead, if you can, i try to.......  ;)
  • RichiSwiftRichiSwift Member Posts: 149
    edited August 2009
    well done nosey and keep grinding away,,,,dym's are good ways to increase, if your good and get lucky,,,,,,,,hope to play you on a table soon.