You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Seat Rotation

beanehbeaneh Member Posts: 4,079
edited July 2010 in Community Help & Advice
when a tourny pops up I cant change seats without going into mini view. nothing comes up in the middle let alone the rotate buttons.

:(

Comments

• Sky_AdamSky_Adam Member Posts: 419
    edited July 2010
    In Response to Seat Rotation:
    when a tourny pops up I cant change seats without going into mini view. nothing comes up in the middle let alone the rotate buttons. :(
    Posted by beaneh
    Hi Beaneh,

This is an interesting bug as the seat rotation button is a fairly simple function and i've not heard this reported before.

I'll pick this up and investigate for you, but I need to ask a few q's to help me recreate it if you don't mind,

Don't worry if you can't answer them all, it just helps me build a picture:

I assume you are using Chrome still?
    Is the tournament countdown still visible on the table when you have the problem?
    Is it only the tournament window which has this problem, I.E. if you have cash tables open do they always rotate ok?
    How many times has this happened?
    When did it 1st happen?
    Does it happen every time a tournament loads?
    Roughly how many other tables are you running when it happens?
    If you switch to mini view, then switch back to standard view can you then rotate ok?

Kind Regards

Adam
  • metaraptormetaraptor Member Posts: 58
    edited July 2010

Nice one to mention.  I find the seat rotation function quite frustrating - especially in tournaments and most especially when multi-tabling.

In tournaments, it is impossible to rotate whilst the tournament countdown box is open because this is superimposed over the seat rotation box.

Even more frustration, we have to rotate to our preferred seat every time we sit at a new table whih is really annoying when we are reseated during a tournament.

Some other sites avoid these problems completely by having preferred seat position configurable as part of individual settings.  Any chance that Sky will adopt this??

• beanehbeaneh Member Posts: 4,079
    edited July 2010
    In Response to Re: Seat Rotation:
    Nice one to mention.  I find the seat rotation function quite frustrating - especially in tournaments and most especially when multi-tabling. In tournaments, it is impossible to rotate whilst the tournament countdown box is open because this is superimposed over the seat rotation box. Even more frustration, we have to rotate to our preferred seat every time we sit at a new table whih is really annoying when we are reseated during a tournament. Some other sites avoid these problems completely by having preferred seat position configurable as part of individual settings.  Any chance that Sky will adopt this??
    Posted by metaraptor

if you click on the countdown you can then rotate the seat if the button is working!
  • beanehbeaneh Member Posts: 4,079
    edited July 2010
    In Response to Seat Rotation : Hi Beaneh, This is an interesting bug as the seat rotation button is a fairly simple function and i've not heard this reported before. I'll pick this up and investigate for you, but I need to ask a few q's to help me recreate it if you don't mind, Don't worry if you can't answer them all, it just helps me build a picture: I assume you are using Chrome still? Is the tournament countdown still visible on the table when you have the problem? Is it only the tournament window which has this problem, I.E. if you have cash tables open do they always rotate ok? How many times has this happened? When did it 1st happen? Does it happen every time a tournament loads? Roughly how many other tables are you running when it happens? If you switch to mini view, then switch back to standard view can you then rotate ok? Kind Regards Adam
    Posted by Sky_Adam

Chrome ofc!!

I cant remember about the countdown but I don't think thats up when it's not working. 

Cash is normally fine though i'm not often in the standard view. Tournaments always seem to have this problem in standard view, but mini view is fine/works straight away.

1st happened ageees ago and I just thought w/e

think so Im probably just used to it/mostly go into mini view anyway.

not normally running many sky tables when donkamenteering.

if you switch to mini and rotate, then switch to standard you still have no control you have to go back into mini view to do it again!
    edited July 2010
    Nice one to mention.  I find the seat rotation function quite frustrating - especially in tournaments and most especially when multi-tabling. In tournaments, it is impossible to rotate whilst the tournament countdown box is open because this is superimposed over the seat rotation box. Even more frustration, we have to rotate to our preferred seat every time we sit at a new table whih is really annoying when we are reseated during a tournament. Some other sites avoid these problems completely by having preferred seat position configurable as part of individual settings.  Any chance that Sky will adopt this??
    Posted by metaraptor
    Good post metaraptor

I'll look into what's involved in having a setting to choose a 'preferred seat', as I totally understand this would help you all a lot with Multi tabling. I doubt it'll be a quick fix so I can't promise a response in the short term, but I promise we'll look into it

Kind regards

Adam,

edited July 2010
    In Response to Re: Seat Rotation : Chrome ofc!! I cant remember about the countdown but I don't think thats up when it's not working.  Cash is normally fine though i'm not often in the standard view. Tournaments always seem to have this problem in standard view, but mini view is fine/works straight away. 1st happened ageees ago and I just thought w/e think so Im probably just used to it/mostly go into mini view anyway. not normally running many sky tables when donkamenteering. if you switch to mini and rotate, then switch to standard you still have no control you have to go back into mini view to do it again!
    Posted by beaneh
    Thanks Beaneh,

Leave this with me, I'll take a look today and pm you if I need more info

Kind Regards

Adam