You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Wow omg i keep freezin up and losin my hands??

adz777adz777 Member Posts: 187
edited August 2010 in Community Help & Advice
When playin iv now lost connection (game freezes up then before i know it says i sat out?) to the game 2 times now on top hands? any1 else having this problem cos its costing me £ :(

Comments

• phil12ukphil12uk Member Posts: 2,856
    edited July 2010
    I had it a couple of hours ago.  Table froze and then gave the image that myself and 2 other players weren't on  the table anymore. When it was my turn to bet though, I still could.  decided to come off there before anything else could happen.
  • adz777adz777 Member Posts: 187
    edited July 2010
    In Response to Re: Wow omg i keep freezin up and losin my hands??:
    I had it a couple of hours ago.  Table froze and then gave the image that myself and 2 other players weren't on  the table anymore. When it was my turn to bet though, I still could.  decided to come off there before anything else could happen.
    Posted by phil12uk
    thats exactly what happened to me but i must of timed out and folded :( it must be skypoker cos iv tested my connection and its fine?
  • cottladcottlad Member Posts: 439
    edited July 2010
    In Response to Wow omg i keep freezin up and losin my hands??:
    When playin iv now lost connection (game freezes up then before i know it says i sat out?) to the game 2 times now on top hands? any1 else having this problem cos its costing me £ :(
    Posted by adz777
    You'll get used to it until one day it will seem normal :)
  • elsadogelsadog Member Posts: 5,677
    edited July 2010
    Posted by phil12uk

Pull the lever Phil :o)
  • BANDICOOTBANDICOOT Member Posts: 675
    edited July 2010
    I've had this happen on and off over the last 2 days
  • huuuuumehuuuuume Member Posts: 569
    edited July 2010
    had the same problem on cash and tourney tables.  i play 6 tables but it is normally only one or two tables that freeze on me while the rest continue as normal
  • BETKERBETKER Member Posts: 5
    edited August 2010
    just been playing in a tourney had K Q off had the small stack down to 1600 pre flop. Flop came 3 cl, K di, 7 sp went to put him all in and the game froze on my turn but the timer was still moving small stack went all-in by the time it came unfrozen I had foldded giving him a big pot and when i last looked he was 4th in the money. I have been getting this prob with freezing in games for about 2/3 weeks and it is not good always in game changing hands it dose happen at other times to. I stopped playing on other poker sites thinking the hands on this site were more realistice but this freezing think is doing my head in.

Suspicion here is with the game play freezing but the game timer still moving.

It would be good to hear back from Sky Poker on this one.

Lets keep this post alive till we get some answers.
  • Sky_RichSky_Rich Member Posts: 3,837
    edited August 2010
    Hey Guys,

If you feel that connections problems (at our end) have caused you to loose out please get in touch with the customer care team by clicking here. They will investigate, assess the merits of your case and depending on the circumstances will see what can be done.

Lots of these timeout, screen freezing issues relate to a rather common 'adobe script error'. please have a read of the explanation below to help minimise these problems.

The cause of the ‘adobe script error’ is in itself very simple, it’s seen when your PC Processor overloads whilst running flash based programs, causing the flash to slow down and crash. The same will happen when running ANY flash based program, E.G. Youtube, when your processor overloads.

The problem with these queries is the question ‘what caused the pc processor to overload?’ It is impossible for us to give a definite answer, although we can advise that any process running on the PC (which could include hidden processes running in the background) that use up processor power, will contribute to error, the severity is clearly dependant on the pc’s overall capacity

E.G:

• Running other flash programs (multi-tabling, youtube etc)
    • User running other non-flash programs simultaneously
    • Hidden processes running in the background E.G. data fragmentation, scheduled viral scans
    • Toolbars (It has been commented by customers on previous threads that google toolbar is particularly intensive on your processor – I can’t prove or deny this in any way)
    • Operating system (VISTA is particularly processor intensive we believe)
    • Web Browser (the optimum browser varies for different users, we can’t just say Firefox or Chrome etc is the best)
    • Basically any program ever written for a PC that

Clearly the higher the spec of your PC – the less (or indeed any) of the above matter and vice versa. It has been proven that players can play 16 tables simultaneously on Sky Poker without ever getting this error – that’s simply because their processor can handle it all

We also have a project in the pipeline that will lower the minimum spec of your computer needed to play at the tables and not see these kind of problems. This is on the way and keep an eye out in the forum for more announcements.

If you need anything else - just give us a shout.

cheers
  • metaraptormetaraptor Member Posts: 58
    edited August 2010
    On the one hand, everyone affected could stop playing on Sky Poker and use the money saved to upgrade their machines ... of course, having stopped playing on Sky, they would no longer need the upgrade!!

On the other hand, Sky could, at a stroke, greatly relieve the pressure on all our machines by doing what every other Poker site on the plant has done and
    Introduce a download version.

How is this progressing, Rich?
    edited August 2010
    Hey Guys, If you feel that connections problems (at our end) have caused you to loose out please get in touch with the customer care team by clicking here . They will investigate, assess the merits of your case and depending on the circumstances will see what can be done. Lots of these timeout, screen freezing issues relate to a rather common 'adobe script error'. please have a read of the explanation below to help minimise these problems. The cause of the ‘adobe script error’ is in itself very simple, it’s seen when your PC Processor overloads whilst running flash based programs, causing the flash to slow down and crash. The same will happen when running ANY flash based program, E.G. Youtube, when your processor overloads.   The problem with these queries is the question ‘what caused the pc processor to overload?’ It is impossible for us to give a definite answer, although we can advise that any process running on the PC (which could include hidden processes running in the background) that use up processor power, will contribute to error, the severity is clearly dependant on the pc’s overall capacity    E.G:   Running other flash programs (multi-tabling, youtube etc) User running other non-flash programs simultaneously Hidden processes running in the background E.G. data fragmentation, scheduled viral scans Toolbars (It has been commented by customers on previous threads that google toolbar is particularly intensive on your processor – I can’t prove or deny this in any way) Operating system (VISTA is particularly processor intensive we believe) Web Browser (the optimum browser varies for different users, we can’t just say Firefox or Chrome etc is the best) Basically any program ever written for a PC that   Clearly the higher the spec of your PC – the less (or indeed any) of the above matter and vice versa. It has been proven that players can play 16 tables simultaneously on Sky Poker without ever getting this error – that’s simply because their processor can handle it all We also have a project in the pipeline that will lower the minimum spec of your computer needed to play at the tables and not see these kind of problems. This is on the way and keep an eye out in the forum for more announcements. If you need anything else - just give us a shout. cheers
    Posted by Sky_Rich
    Hi, Thanks for the quick response from Sky_Rich would the timer in the game not be running with the flash player and should freeze @ the same time if this is the case.

I have no other programes running on my PC when I play Sky/Poker

My PC is abit old but can still play online games with no problem i.e. Battlefield 2 + Steam based games HL2, TF2, exc...

processor  is an AMD 2399Mhs single core.
    os is                 XP Professional
    Physical Memory 4 x 512 dual channel gold edition 2-3-3-8 OCZ PC3200
    GPU is                Radeon X1950
    Hard drives        2 x 36G Raptors

internet:
                download  9.83mb/s
                   upload   0.49mb/s
                       ping   26ms

I think the specs should run this browser based game playing only 1 table @ a time with ease.
    I no I maybe but One player in a see of many but this must be putting other players off Sky/Poker if it is Freezing on in there games also.
    A non browser based version of the game mayby better.

I have to find a resolve to this or I will have to move on.I am look forward to no freeze up gaming

Thank you again for your input

edited August 2010
    On the one hand, everyone affected could stop playing on Sky Poker and use the money saved to upgrade their machines ... of course, having stopped playing on Sky, they would no longer need the upgrade!! On the other hand, Sky could, at a stroke, greatly relieve the pressure on all our machines by doing what every other Poker site on the plant has done and Introduce a download version. How is this progressing, Rich?
    Posted by metaraptor

Dont think its the PC's M8

Sky could, at a stroke, greatly relieve the pressure on all our machines by doing what every other Poker site on the plant has done and Introduce a download version. How is this progressing, Rich? WORD!!!!
  • Sky_RichSky_Rich Member Posts: 3,837
    edited August 2010
    In Response to Re: Wow omg i keep freezin up and losin my hands?? :   Dont think its the PC's M8 Sky could, at a stroke, greatly relieve the pressure on all our machines by doing what every other Poker site on the plant has done and Introduce a download version. How is this progressing, Rich? WORD!!!!
    Posted by BETKER

nicely. can't give you anything concrete at this stage as dates are always subject to change but it really won't be that long.

Sorry i'm so vague, i just don't want to raise expectation only to disappoint.

thanks.
  • simonnatursimonnatur Member Posts: 330
    edited August 2010
    I had these script error problems almost all the time until I recently upgraded the ram in my laptop from 0.5 to 2 meg. Since then I have had no issue playing 3/4 tables.  I'm no techie so cant say whether its more memory or processor issue - but more memory seems to have worked for me. 

Just happy to be playing without being in constant danger of smashing my laptop out of frustration!
  • jud90928jud90928 Member Posts: 5
    edited August 2010

Only been playing on sky poker a couple of weeks, played lots of other sites, and I must say this is almost, without doubt, the worst poker site in over 10years i've played. In 2 weeks i've lost money through your site being so **** slow. It crashes my pc almost every time I play, browser freezes, locks up, or once registered with a torney, never....never takes you to the table, then finally you get there and youre already short stacked??? On occasion Ive had NO time bar to act at all, just folds for me??

Though I'd try sky as I've got everything else with em....but just as the broad band rubbish (Upto 40 meg yeh right) its a big money maker for sky, simple. Why should or would they change anything when they make money from every angle of this site. Regardless of what their tech support says, basically there are too many people playing on their server, and a browser based app is sooooo old and fraught with such bugs. Like other people have commented, stand alone software is the only way.

Dont deposit any money, just use the freerolls and promos, and watch your bank account, seriously, if their site is so buggy then so is their security!! IMHO that is. Again they make money from every single pot in every single game.....so you losing a few quid in a nuts hand means nothing to sky. THEY WANT YOUR CASH

When I signed up, within 20seconds some woman was on the phone asking if I had any trouble depositing my cash?? Did I need any help with the depositing?? Could I read and understand how to deposit my cash????

Stick to real life live poker, it wont lose you money through no fault of you're own, or waive any responsibility for the shoddy site/connection that is also theirs!

Would you believe this page locked up for a while??????? rest my case