You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Delay in the forum.

CowgomooCowgomoo Member Posts: 749
edited August 2010 in Community Help & Advice
Not sure if I'm the only one who experiences this but quite often on any of the forum sections it will say : Last post by XXXX 2 minutes ago

When I click on the the thread to see what has been said the persons post is not there and I have to wait for about 5 minutes for it to appear. Is it a common problem with anyone else? Is there a way to stop it?

Comments

• belsibubbelsibub Member Posts: 2,527
    edited July 2010
    It has been brought up before,never heard back why it happens.It's the same for me.
  • Sky_RichSky_Rich Member Posts: 3,837
    edited July 2010
    hey guys,

yeah this is a pretty common occurrence and to fix it try clicking control + f5 (to hard refresh your page). Sometimes your cache takes a while to update with incoming posts, nothing too much to worry about although i understand it can be a little annoying sometimes.
  • oynutteroynutter Member Posts: 4,773
    edited August 2010
    A little annoying----A little annoying---A LITTLE FLAPPIN ANNOYING!!!--

I'll floppin hard refresh you in a minute!!!!!!

lol-- only joking Rich-- thanks for the info

• beanehbeaneh Member Posts: 4,079
    edited August 2010
    tis well annoying happens all the time!
  • belsibubbelsibub Member Posts: 2,527
    edited August 2010

Control f5 does not work refreshes still can't read new posts!!!

• Kiwini4uKiwini4u Member Posts: 3,830
    edited August 2010
    In Response to Re: Delay in the forum.:
    Control f5 does not work refreshes still can't read new posts!!!
    Posted by belsibub
    I have that same problem I have tried "Cnt F5" and "f5" and neither refresh the page no matter how long I wait.

For the record i'm using IE8 and Vista, I have tried Firefox and that just messed up my computer so I had to go back to IE.

Steve
  • NoseyBonkNoseyBonk Member Posts: 6,175
    edited August 2010
    You are doing the hard refresh (Control F5) when viewing the thread, rather than viewing the thread index?
    Cuz it works for me (when viewing the thread obviously)....

• oynutteroynutter Member Posts: 4,773
    edited August 2010
    In Response to Re: Delay in the forum. : I have that same problem I have tried "Cnt F5" and "f5" and neither refresh the page no matter how long I wait. For the record i'm using IE8 and Vista, I have tried Firefox and that just messed up my computer so I had to go back to IE. Steve
    Posted by Kiwini4u
    Hi kiwi, there has been a few updates to firefox, I would give it another try if I were you-- Its certainly a lot better than ie8 for me-- explorer gets on wick when I chat on the tables, it misses letters and stuff-- also firefox seems far more reliable at peek times---gl m8
  • MachkaMachka Member Posts: 4,627
    edited August 2010
    If Ctrl+F5 doesn't do the job try this, it never fails.

1. Stand up
    2. Make a cup of tea
    3. Come back
    4. Read new forum posts
  • Sky_RichSky_Rich Member Posts: 3,837
    edited August 2010
    If Ctrl+F5 doesn't do the job try this, it never fails. 1. Stand up 2. Make a cup of tea 3. Come back 4. Read new forum posts
    Posted by Machka

is there a button for that?
    edited August 2010
    In Response to Re: Delay in the forum. : is there a button for that?
    Posted by Sky_Rich
    Yes, it's on most kettles marked ON/OFF. :-)
    edited August 2010
    You are doing the hard refresh (Control F5) when viewing the thread, rather than viewing the thread index? Cuz it works for me (when viewing the thread obviously)....
    Posted by NoseyBonk
    Rewind rewind rewind rewind rewind.

Sorry, it doesn't always work. Never mind.

• Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 167,310
    edited August 2010

I have the same problem, & F5 does not help I'm afraid.

I use IE8 (on the BSKYB Intranet) at work, & Firefox when away from the Office. The problem applies to both browsers equally.

It's not a disaster, but it does impair enjoyment Levels, especially on "hot" Threads.
    edited August 2010
    I have the same problem, & F5 does not help I'm afraid. I use IE8 (on the BSKYB Intranet) at work, & Firefox when away from the Office. The problem applies to both browsers equally. It's not a disaster, but it does impair enjoyment Levels, especially on "hot" Threads.
    Posted by Tikay10

HHHHOTOPICS
  • metaraptormetaraptor Member Posts: 58
    edited August 2010
    If Ctrl+F5 doesn't do the job try this, it never fails. 1. Stand up 2. Make a cup of tea 3. Come back 4. Read new forum posts
    Posted by Machka
    I tried this last night and it didn't work.  The refresh time was still to long!

I considered an operational solution - putting more water (or even ice cubes) in the kettle to prolong boiling - but rejected it as environmentally irresponsible.

I am currently running Sabichi hardware using Tetley tea bags.  Would it be better to upgrade the hardware (e.g. to Russell Hobbs) or to look for a soft solution such as moving to coffee?
    edited August 2010
    In Response to Re: Delay in the forum. : I tried this last night and it didn't work.  The refresh time was still to long! I considered an operational solution - putting more water (or even ice cubes) in the kettle to prolong boiling - but rejected it as environmentally irresponsible. I am currently running Sabichi hardware using Tetley tea bags.  Would it be better to upgrade the hardware (e.g. to Russell Hobbs) or to look for a soft solution such as moving to coffee?
    Posted by metaraptor
    The product to elongate boiling times is currently in development, once they get the boiling time down to under a day it should be straight on the market.