You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

I'll get me coat...

InnerspaceInnerspace Member Posts: 6
edited August 2009 in Poker Chat
Sometimes you just have days like today.

Earlier on i went out of a £200 guaranteed with 88. I raised to 5x (1000 points) big blind and got called.

Flop comes up 245, villain shoved all in and i called.  
He had played with 75 suited and had pushed with 55. Unbelievable

Even more unbelievable is that the turn comes up another 5 and i'm out  

No matter, on to the next... 

I lose a coin toss with QKs to a pair of 2s who had pushed pre flop, so i'm out of that one too. ho hum. 

Taking that on the chin, i enter the £250 guaranteed and am sitting pretty when the cash is reached ( top 20). 

I get KK and raise 5x big blind utg(2000). The button (very aggressive) shoves all his chips (21K), as does the big blind who is short stacked. Thinking the button is on the steal or has middle pocket pair at best, I call with the rest of my chips (8K) and am dismayed to be up against the button's AA and big blind's AQ. So i go down to that as well.

Having nearly thrown the computer out of the window, i reconsidered and wondered if anyone else has had consecutive runs of misfortune on the same night?

Some night's you just have to hold your hands up and say 'it's not my night!'

Comments

• JAMIEPJAMIEP Member Posts: 218
    edited August 2009
    You are not alone even phil ivey can't escape bad days its PART OF THE GAME enjoy the rollercoaster.
  • BANDICOOTBANDICOOT Member Posts: 675
    edited August 2009

innerspace , total agreement , happens to me more often than  not, was going to rant here as just been through the wringer myself today, but i guess theres always tomorrow . Hope your luck improves
  • DazlerDazler Member Posts: 3,970
    edited August 2009
    I know exactly how you feel m8 been having the same happen to me check out my post on The Church of Dazler and you we see what i mean lol. It does hurt sometimes and even the best of us can crack, i wont go into the details but put it this way my pocket Ks and As lost on 5 or possibly more occasions as did a couple of full houses and nut flushes. But its good to talk about it as you have done here Innerspace infact you were a bit more cival than me so well done :)