You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

PTP Tonight - Tuesday

Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 166,815
edited August 2009 in Poker Chat

My turn tonight, who's up for a bit of banter?

I'll play.....

The Mick Jenn, at 7pm. (Only 12 Entries with 30 mins to go!).

The 7.15 Deepie

The 9pm Open.

And some Cash.

Hope to see a few of you later.

Comments

• DraigDraig Member Posts: 231
    edited August 2009
    I'm in the mickjenn, will see how it goes with the others.

:)
  • DraigDraig Member Posts: 231
    edited August 2009
    In Response to Re: PTP Tonight - Tuesday:
    I'm in the mickjenn, will see how it goes with the others. :)
    Posted by Draig
    Quick question - with this one and the spartacus - the winner from last week has a bounty on them - what happens if they do not play?
  • SoLackSoLack Member Posts: 2,737
    edited August 2009
    I think they get entered anyway, if they don't play then they will be blinded out.  Whoever takes their final chips will get the bounty.
  • DTWBANDITDTWBANDIT Member Posts: 6,451
    edited August 2009

hi tikay am in mickjenn1  &  velocity  if you are still feeling like a bear with two tails have a pic. pending in poker in the park thread

found it while i was finishing my research on the great William " bill " Horton do you remember him?

good luck with your games tonight

edited August 2009

hi Tikay

went out with JJ was wondering if you could look at these 2 hands the 1st led me to play the 2nd the way i did and i would like to know if i played it right

1st hand  183296094       2nd hand   183296094   no rush just when you have time  as you are my official Poker Mentor

cheers m8

dtw
  • DazlerDazler Member Posts: 3,970
    edited August 2009
    Was in it Tk but didnt feel very slow at all was a crazy table. Doubled up with pocket Ks then lost um again with pocket Qs after my pre raise flop then 4 callers a low board nothing scary so raise then get re raised and still 3 callers so made a boo boo by pushing only cos i had double the stack size as opponents and we have 1 player pocket Js another with pocket 8s and another with A3 suited. I would have won it but pocket 8s hit there set arrrrrrrrrrrr. Exit hand i Ended up raising with KQ and hit the Q on the flop. Raised and was re-raised so i re re raised and get called. nothing scary only a 4 on the turn no st8 draws no flush draws, so push and get called by pocket 4s and they have a set on the turn arrrrrrrrrrrr what were they doing calling with pocket 4s on the flop when my betting clearly sent the message I had top pair arrrrrrrrrrr. anyway thats the way it goes was really interesting the way people played tonight raising big and so many callers every time. was good game though all the same
  • Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 166,815
    edited August 2009
        hi tikay am in mickjenn1  &  velocity  if you are still feeling like a bear with two tails have a pic. pending in poker in the park thread  found it while i was finishing my research on the great William " bill " Horton do you remember him?   good luck with your games tonight
    Posted by DTWBANDIT
    Bill Horton? Can't say I know him, sorry.
    edited August 2009
           hi Tikay               went out with JJ was wondering if you could look at these 2 hands the 1st led me to play the 2nd the way i did and i would like to know if i played it right              1st hand  183296094       2nd hand   183296094   no rush just when you have time  as you are my official Poker Mentor       cheers m8       dtw
    Posted by DTWBANDIT
    I don't have the ability to download those hand Numbers. Can you just Post them, please, ideally in "Poker Strategy".

Thanks.
    edited August 2009

I'm out of the Mick Jenn  AND the £20 Deepie, both to extraordinary plays. I won't bore you with the details, nobody likes to read/hear exit stories!
  • _The_Boat__The_Boat_ Member Posts: 13
    edited August 2009
    im in the open might even dabble in the velocity if youre up for it tikay lets hope i see you at the final table in the open :-)
  • _AppleMac__AppleMac_ Member Posts: 126
    edited August 2009
    Just exited the £20 deepy... im am also very dissapointed the way I went out... but hey ho...
    edited August 2009
    In Response to Re: PTP Tonight - Tuesday : I don't have the ability to download those hand Numbers. Can you just Post them, please, ideally in "Poker Strategy". Thanks.
    Posted by Tikay10

ok will do

thanks
    edited August 2009
    In Response to Re: PTP Tonight - Tuesday : Bill Horton? Can't say I know him, sorry.
    Posted by Tikay10

he played for Wakefield Trinity Wildcats Rugby League  1924 - 1936  also got selected and played for:-

Yorkshire  39 times /   England  5  times  /  &   Great Brittain  14  times 

thought you might have come across him as i heard you mention Wakefield on one of your shows & he is                  Famous there

i have a signed picture of him hence the research & will be adding his photo profile to wikipedia

• DazlerDazler Member Posts: 3,970
    edited August 2009
    I'm out of the Mick Jenn  AND the £20 Deepie, both to extraordinary plays. I won't bore you with the details, nobody likes to read/hear exit stories!
    Posted by Tikay10
    surprised you say that tk thought that was what the forum was for some talk about how your game went. I talk about my exit hand to get feed back or just to make me feel better!! didnt think nobody wanted to read it?
  • Huck_NallHuck_Nall Member Posts: 216
    edited August 2009
    Posted by Tikay10
    Constructive critisism.
    With regard to your exit in the £20 deepie, I would agree that Villain had called 2 pot size bets without the odds but I think you know that you were only beating a bluff when he went AI.
    I think you knew you were beat when you called and wouldn't have made the call in a 'live' game.
    Not one of your better plays IMHO!
    Having said that I exited much later after calling an AI after the flop on a flush draw. I probably wouldn't have called in a live game.
    edited August 2009
    How about my exit Huck...? Anyway to avoid the car crash that was my KK preflop...!?
    edited August 2009
    How about my exit Huck...? Anyway to avoid the car crash that was my KK preflop...!?
    Posted by _AppleMac_
    Hi m8. Sorry, don't actually remember your exit as I was playing several tables.
    However, I assume you had the chips in preflop in which case it was just a standard bb.
    I am happy to get them in with KK. On a six seat table you are rarely gonna be less than a 65% favourite.
    edited August 2009

Play was this:

Player one (you) raised to 400, (4x bb), I re-raised to 1000... (with a stack of 6k) then villian re-raised all in 15k in total i think... I know this player is pretty loose so instant call... he turns AK... to my KK, so im almost a 70% favourite... he obviously hits his ace first card... not much you can do about that really... I just don't understand how you'd risk just under half your stack with AK preflop though, especially with the structure of the tourn... not that im moaning at all, I want his 'all in' everytime really ;) 

edited August 2009
    Play was this: Player one (you) raised to 400, (4x bb), I re-raised to 1000... (with a stack of 6k) then villian re-raised all in 15k in total i think... I know this player is pretty loose so instant call... he turns AK... to my KK, so im almost a 70% favourite... he obviously hits his ace first card... not much you can do about that really... I just don't understand how you'd risk just under half your stack with AK preflop though, especially with the structure of the tourn... not that im moaning at all, I want his 'all in' everytime really ;) 
    Posted by _AppleMac_
    As you say, you were happy to get them with those odds as would we all. Unfortunately, even the fish have their day!BTW I cant remember what I had.