You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

110 deepie

MICKYBLUEMICKYBLUE Member Posts: 2,035
edited August 2009 in Poker Chat
plz sky do a weekly semi final 2 get into this torn with sub sats
ie £22 semi with £2.40 sats and £4.80 sats
i just registered for the 11 oclock sat but it only got 6 runners!!!

Comments

• annie_dukeannie_duke Member Posts: 545
    edited August 2009
    good idea micky
  • annie_dukeannie_duke Member Posts: 545
    edited August 2009
    why have a "no deepies" option lol
  • SoLackSoLack Member Posts: 2,737
    edited August 2009
    I'd like to see the ft all get paid as in 715 daily deepie.  I won't be forking out £110 next week if there are less than than thirty runners and therefore only top three get paid.
  • phil12ukphil12uk Member Posts: 2,856
    edited August 2009
    In Response to Re: 110 deepie:
    I'd like to see the ft all get paid as in 715 daily deepie.  I won't be forking out £110 next week if there are less than than thirty runners and therefore only top three get paid.
    Posted by SoLack
    I've posted exactly the same before as well mate. I'm also not gonna pay to play this unless the pay structure can be changed.
  • KnackersYaKnackersYa Member Posts: 468
    edited August 2009
    Posted by SoLack
    You know what'll happen mate, catch 22, they'll change the structure and you'll win the first one.
  • MICKYBLUEMICKYBLUE Member Posts: 2,035
    edited August 2009
    if they sort out a decent sat system then will get enough runners for the big torns. like the £55 ones on Friday's, why not have sats to the semi every hour or 2 so that people who get home from work l8 (like me!!!!) can play in the sats 5.45 i think is the last 1???
    edited August 2009
    why have a "no deepies" option lol
    Posted by annie_duke
    it was l8 and stella was working lol
  • Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 166,815
    edited August 2009

The Satellite Structures for the Sunday Night Deepie are currently being reviewed.

News soon.
    edited August 2009
    The Satellite Structures for the Sunday Night Deepie are currently being reviewed. News soon.
    Posted by Tikay10
    ty m8
    edited August 2009
    In Response to Re: 110 deepie : I've posted exactly the same before as well mate. I'm also not gonna pay to play this unless the pay structure can be changed.
    Posted by phil12uk
    Well Sky Poker is, & will, continue to listen to your views on this.

I have to say, they asked my view, & I said that it was wrong to pay 5 or 6 Places if there are less than 30 Runners. 30 runners currently pays 5 or 6 Places, I forget which, but I think 5 or 6 places paid for 29 or less runners is very wrong, if offends every principle of Tourney Poker.

This week, one player withdrew very late as he thought it would only pay three places. So It ended up with 29 players - just one short of 5 or 6 being paid!

My view counts the same as yours, so air your views here, & trust me, the Suits are monitoring this Thread, & are ready to make any changes thought desirable.

I prefer to tackle this problem the other way round. Let's build UP the amount of players, rather than adjust the payout structure for less players. That's positive action, rather than "well it it does not get many, let's pay more".

We ALL get more once this Tourney builds to 40, 50, 60 & 70+ runners.

So, more feedback needed, please.....
    edited August 2009
    In Response to Re: 110 deepie : ty m8
    Posted by MICKYBLUE
    My pleasure.

Together, we can help get these things right.
  • phil12ukphil12uk Member Posts: 2,856
    edited August 2009
    In Response to Re: 110 deepie : Well Sky Poker is, & will, continue to listen to your views on this. I have to say, they asked my view, & I said that it was wrong to pay 5 or 6 Places if there are less than 30 Runners. 30 runners currently pays 5 or 6 Places, I forget which, but I think 5 or 6 places paid for 29 or less runners is very wrong, if offends every principle of Tourney Poker. This week, one player withdrew very late as he thought it would only pay three places. So It ended up with 29 players - just one short of 5 or 6 being paid! My view counts the same as yours, so air your views here, & trust me, the Suits are monitoring this Thread, & are ready to make any changes thought desirable. I prefer to tackle this problem the other way round. Let's build UP the amount of players, rather than adjust the payout structure for less players. That's positive action, rather than "well it it does not get many, let's pay more". We ALL get more once this Tourney builds to 40, 50, 60 & 70+ runners. So, more feedback needed, please.....
    Posted by Tikay10
    Thanks Tikay.  Yeah above 30 def sounds sensible and a good compromise. It was just looking last Sunday at the tourney lobby and seeing places 4 and 5 got league points only.  Thanks for update.
    edited August 2009
    19 votes sky is this good enough??? i think usual payout system should stay, u get lots of torns were only 3 or 5 r paid and rightly so. 
  • SoLackSoLack Member Posts: 2,737
    edited August 2009
    Yet the £22 7.15 daily deepie pays ft whatever the field.  I doubt I wd play everyday if thios changed back to top three where the field is below 30.  I agree that 10-15% is correct for most touneys, but when there is a combination of above average entry fee, deepstack format and low entry, with guarantee pay out, there is an argument that top 5/6 shd be paid.  However much I enjoy playing the deepies it is a bit of bummer where you play for three hours battling your way to the ft only to walk away with nothing.  Not sure my bankroll can sustain the daily £22 if this were to cjange.  Yes, do everything to encourage larger fields, but until we get there I think the top 6 payout should remain for the 7.15 daily and be implemented for the Sunday £110 entry jobbie.
    edited August 2009
    In Response to 110 deepie:
    plz sky do a weekly semi final 2 get into this torn with sub sats ie £22 semi with £2.40 sats and £4.80 sats i just registered for the 11 oclock sat but it only got 6 runners!!!
    Posted by MICKYBLUE
    You voted overwhelmingly for a weekly Semi-Final to the Sunday Night Deepie.

So Sky Poker have sorted it.

Every Saturday, there wil be a Semi-Final, & there will be Daily Satellites priced at £2.40 & £4.80 into the weekly Semi-final on Saturday. They are in the Poker Lobby already.

"Direct" Satellites will remain, too.

As players, we've had a good day today, eh?
    edited August 2009
    In Response to 110 deepie : You voted overwhelmingly for a weekly Semi-Final to the Sunday Night Deepie. So Sky Poker have sorted it. Every Saturday, there wil be a Semi-Final, & there will be Daily Satellites priced at £2.40 & £4.80 into the weekly Semi-final on Saturday. They are in the Poker Lobby already. "Direct" Satellites will remain, too. As players, we've had a good day today, eh?
    Posted by Tikay10
    ty all gl in sats!!
    edited August 2009
    In Response to Re: 110 deepie : ty all gl in sats!!
    Posted by MICKYBLUE
    Well good luck to you, too, especially as it was your idea!

And if it all goes belly-up, you'll get the blame. ;)
    edited August 2009
    In Response to Re: 110 deepie : Well good luck to you, too, especially as it was your idea! And if it all goes belly-up, you'll get the blame. ;)
    Posted by Tikay10
    lol im used 2 blame im male lol