You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Playing on my Laptop and computer same time to multitable?

DogdoDogdo Member Posts: 7
edited August 2010 in Community Help & Advice
hi

Headline says all. Is it allowed and is it possible to play on my laptop and on my computer at the same time?

Comments

• beanehbeaneh Member Posts: 4,079
    edited August 2010
    when you log into one you'll be logged out of the other i'd guess
  • oynutteroynutter Member Posts: 4,773
    edited August 2010
    I think its fine-- but you may have to have them both on the same ip address--gl
  • metaraptormetaraptor Member Posts: 58
    edited August 2010

I can't see any advantage in logging in on 2 machines.  You can't take two seats at one table because you are restricted to 1 ID.  Logging on on two machines would mean having two lobbies open, which would certainly distract me.

If it is because you would like the extra screen space for more tables, this is easier to achieve by running your PC screen a a second screen for your laptop (or vice versa if your laptop supports this - but most laptop screens are not externally addressable).

If this will suffice, all you have to do is:
    1.  Connect your PC screen to the monitor output on your laptop,
    2.  On your laptop, go to start menu/control panel/display properties.
    3.  Select the "settings" tab.
    4.  Use your mouse to drag the screens into the position you want to use them on your desk.
    5.  Use the drop down box to prioritise which screen you want your control bar to appear on.

I hope this helps.  GL.

• DogdoDogdo Member Posts: 7
    edited August 2010
    In Response to Re: Playing on my Laptop and computer same time to multitable?:
    I can't see any advantage in logging in on 2 machines.  You can't take two seats at one table because you are restricted to 1 ID.  Logging on on two machines would mean having two lobbies open, which would certainly distract me. If it is because you would like the extra screen space for more tables, this is easier to achieve by running your PC screen a a second screen for your laptop (or vice versa if your laptop supports this - but most laptop screens are not externally addressable). If this will suffice, all you have to do is: 1.  Connect your PC screen to the monitor output on your laptop, 2.  On your laptop, go to start menu/control panel/display properties. 3.  Select the "settings" tab. 4.  Use your mouse to drag the screens into the position you want to use them on your desk. 5.  Use the drop down box to prioritise which screen you want your control bar to appear on. I hope this helps.  GL.
    Posted by metaraptor

I dont want to sit 2 times on 1 table lol
    I cannot play more than 4 tables on my computer without having lags and cpu usage of 100%. Is there an option to reduce the usage of the cpu?
  • metaraptormetaraptor Member Posts: 58
    edited August 2010
    In Response to Re: Playing on my Laptop and computer same time to multitable?:
    In Response to Re: Playing on my Laptop and computer same time to multitable? : I dont want to sit 2 times on 1 table lol I cannot play more than 4 tables on my computer without having lags and cpu usage of 100%. Is there an option to reduce the usage of the cpu?
    Posted by Dogdo
    Three possibilities:

1.  My suggestion of slaving both screens to one CPU might still work if you use the faster machine.  One of the reasons I started running both screens from my laptop is that its CPU was much faster than my PC.

2.  Any good PC maintenance suite should be able to diagnose the most effective adjustment or upgrade for you.  I run Norton 360.  It currently tells me that the compromising factor for my performance is the amount of RAM I am running - so I know what to upgrade when this becomes a problem.

3.  Keep lobbying SKY for a download version.  Running in the browser probably looked like a USP to the marketing guys and it probably attracts a small number of first time players - but it is not up to the job for regular use.  It's slow.  It is very demanding on PC resources, especially when multi-tabling.  It's very greedy for bandwidth so that it is often impossible to multi-table and sometimes impossible to play when using mobile internet (e.g. when travelling).  There have been many calls for a download version and SKY have been promising one since I was just an egg (and Tikay just a cylodont - see my profile) but the smart money is on England winning the world cup before it's ready!!!  So LOBBY, LOBBY, LOBBY.