You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

entry to satellites using poker points

Trev_VareTrev_Vare Member Posts: 14
edited August 2009 in Poker Chat
What do you think about using poker points for entry into satellites??

For example 500 points to enter into £500 bounty hunters??

Trev

Comments

• chrisbhoychrisbhoy Member Posts: 302
    edited August 2009
    great idea!
  • Trev_VareTrev_Vare Member Posts: 14
    edited August 2009
    In Response to Re: entry to satellites using poker points:
    great idea!
    Posted by chrisbhoy
    Thankyou Chrisbhoy,

Thing is the way I see it is we earn these poker points but what real use are they??

Might as well make use of them.
  • goddenkylegoddenkyle Member Posts: 93
    edited August 2009
    I was thinking the same thing.....this is a great idea, suits read it!!!!!!!!! and take note. Excellent idea.....nice one Trev Vare
  • DELTADELTA Member Posts: 639
    edited August 2009
    In Response to entry to satellites using poker points:
    What do you think about using poker points for entry into satellites?? For example 500 points to enter into £500 bounty hunters?? Trev
    Posted by Trev_Vare
    trev i tried it a few week ago and the suits have not said a word i sent mine 2 sky rich but had no reply. gl with ur atempt m8 im with u all the way.
    edited August 2009
    I was thinking the same thing.....this is a great idea, suits read it!!!!!!!!! and take note. Excellent idea.....nice one Trev Vare
    Posted by goddenkyle
    Thanks bud and good game 2nite by the way!!!
    edited August 2009
    In Response to entry to satellites using poker points : trev i tried it a few week ago and the suits have not said a word i sent mine 2 sky rich but had no reply. gl with ur atempt m8 im with u all the way.
    Posted by DELTA
    how can I get more people on board and also how do I get hold of sky Rich and the so called suits!!!
    Thanks for the support
  • michael900michael900 Member Posts: 84
    edited August 2009

That will be a total non-starter.

The £100 freerolls av just over 600 runners I believe.

Thats say, 600 people paying 50 points each.

For stts/ mtts thats £5 worth of rake each paid.

600 x 5 = £3000 worth of rake for £100 of prizemoney on offer.

That is essentially 'cashback' of 3.3%.

500 points for an £11 entry is more than 20% 'cashback' (if you see what I mean).

I cannot see Sky going for that one, especially as, in addition, many, many people would use their points for entry whereas before they would have paid cash. Sky lose out again here then.

• annie_dukeannie_duke Member Posts: 545
    edited August 2009
    Thats say, 600 people paying 50 points each. 

For stts/ mtts thats £5 worth of rake each paid.

600 x 5 = £3000 worth of rake for £100 of prizemoney on offer. 

That is essentially 'cashback' of 3.3%.

----

good maths - very interesting - i'd rather penny a point 'cashback' IE 10% and scrap 'cash for points'
    edited August 2009
    Oh, sorry, I have just seen you said 'satellites'.

I thought the post was about direct entry.

That would change things significantly :)
    edited August 2009
    Thats say, 600 people paying 50 points each.  For stts/ mtts thats £5 worth of rake each paid. 600 x 5 = £3000 worth of rake for £100 of prizemoney on offer.  That is essentially 'cashback' of 3.3%. ---- good maths - very interesting - i'd rather penny a point 'cashback' IE 10% and scrap 'cash for points'
    Posted by annie_duke
    good point from micheal.
    Thats an even better idea a penny a point or even a quarter penny a point maybe?? what do you think?
    edited August 2009
    Oh, sorry, I have just seen you said 'satellites'. I thought the post was about direct entry. That would change things significantly :)
    Posted by michael900
    would it now be worth it?
  • JAMIEPJAMIEP Member Posts: 218
    edited August 2009
    I like your thinking trev i would like to see points used for sats into primo and stuff.I have over 20,000 points and that includes the 2'000 i exchanged points for cash £30 last month.So all that happens is we get a big pile of points that you can't do anything decent with.I would like to see them used as sats to the open five-00 and primo that way we can put them to good use, and save our poker bankrolls when we don't qualify via sat by that i mean instead of paying say £12 for primo 1 in 5 sat you use say 750 points and if you get unlucky in the sat you lose points and not cash.
    edited August 2009

In Response to Re: entry to satellites using poker points : would it now be worth it?
    Posted by Trev_Vare

I think Sky should consider it @ 500 points for entry to a sat, with one in every five qualifying.

That would make it £250 worth of rake for a £11 fee. Can't see them having issue with that surely.

It could maybe run once a month at least?

Could see it being very popular.
  • shifter1shifter1 Member Posts: 64
    edited August 2009
    great idea trev someone should tell rupert
  • HAPPYNIGE4HAPPYNIGE4 Member Posts: 327
    edited August 2009
    Trev, as promised last night iam in total agreement with you,and most of us PLAYERS agree.
    The points are not worth anything to real players. I d`ont want to sit for hours with 700 players trying to win a tenner.
    Give true players a reward with all this money we spend with SKY, and let us have entry into Sat torneys, not boring,loose freerolls. Good luck with the suits mate.
    edited August 2009
    great idea trev someone should tell rupert
    Posted by shifter1
    who is rupert?