You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

156k BH - will I get the buy-in money for cancelling

edited June 2009 in Poker Chat
A strange one I know but I fought my way through a quarter and a semi final to get to the final of the 15K Bh on Friday 26th.

Now, I have discovered I can't play in the final, as I won't have internet access on that day (switching providers and I either have it done then or wait another week)

Does anyone know if I will get the £55 buy in fee if I cancel?  Even though I didn't actually pay the fee?

I thought of ringing them up and asking if they could transfer me to another tourney instead of that one (like the 9k tonight)

Has anyone had any experience of any of this?

Thanks

Comments

• Options
    daveydaveydaveydavey Member Posts: 217
    edited June 2009
    The standard procedure on other websites is to credit you with the buy-in as "Tournament Dollars/Pounds" for use on the site which is non withdrawable and not availble for cash games.

A year ago the same thing happened for me and I didn't get money back or tournament dollars. It wouldn't surprise me if it has changed because sky is developing quite well.
  • Options
    edited June 2009

Another possibilty would be to find someone with Sky TV, you can use your account through the interactive button on the remote. i have used it a few times and its alright (bit pricey on the phone bill mind!)

HORRORSHOW

• Options
    OMahonyOOMahonyO Member Posts: 1,883
    edited June 2009
    Contact them. They will probably let you play in the next tourney instead.
  • Options
    Sky_RichSky_Rich Member Posts: 3,837
    edited June 2009
    In Response to 156k BH - will I get the buy-in money for cancelling:
    A strange one I know but I fought my way through a quarter and a semi final to get to the final of the 15K Bh on Friday 26th. Now, I have discovered I can't play in the final, as I won't have internet access on that day (switching providers and I either have it done then or wait another week) Does anyone know if I will get the £55 buy in fee if I cancel?  Even though I didn't actually pay the fee? I thought of ringing them up and asking if they could transfer me to another tourney instead of that one (like the 9k tonight) Has anyone had any experience of any of this? Thanks
    Posted by Snipes396
    Hi Snipes,

I have passed on your question to the guys in the know - so will hopefully have an answer for you soon.
    Thanks for your patience.

Rich  
  • Options
    Sky_AdamSky_Adam Member Posts: 419
    edited June 2009
    In Response to Re: 156k BH - will I get the buy-in money for cancelling:

Hi Snipes,

Tournament seats won via satellites are non-refundable, if you cancel your registration then unfortunately you will not receive a refund.

However, depending on the circumstances, we may be able to offer you a seat in a similar tournament as you have suggested.

Please contact our customer care team on 08000 724 777 for assistance.

Best Wishes

Adam