You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Freerolls = Farce

mat170202mat170202 Member Posts: 32
edited August 2009 in Poker Chat
These freerolls are a joke.

Full of people calling any amount with any two, and they ususally hit.

GIVE ME SOMETHING DECENT TO PLAY WITH MY TENS OF THOUSANDS OF POINTS SKY.

Mtt sats would be good.

Comments

• NorbitNorbit Member Posts: 490
    edited August 2009
    Thats what freerolls are all about, take a gamble to win and if you lose you dont lose any money, i find it a bit of fun to play around and try new things.

I play serious when im playing with my own money.
  • razorkevrazorkev Member Posts: 1,364
    edited August 2009
    agree farce big time...i re raise wiv ak get a vvvvvvvvvvvvvv dodgey call wiv J/8,,comical thn he hits f hse mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
  • mr_mbromr_mbro Member Posts: 1,152
    edited August 2009
    Hi
    Thats the beast im afraid. Its not just this site but all freerolls,on all sites, are by their nature a gamble.
    Not great but there you have it guys, go in with your eyes open, If you are trying to learn the game then freerolls may not be the way(to much gamble). you may be better of on lower limit DYM'S.

col
  • razorkevrazorkev Member Posts: 1,364
    edited August 2009
    its a freeroll ,but u must no not to b too serious on it thy r a farce but can be fun

Its free tho.lol
  • mat170202mat170202 Member Posts: 32
    edited August 2009
    I know freerolls are a gamble, but I deserve something better for all the points I earn. That was my main point tbh, I know it wasn't very clear.

What is the point in giving them if all I can do is hoard thousands every month?

In the first two weeks of this month I have accrued 8000, for which I will recieve not very much in return.

My brother plays in the freerolls too and the plays I witness is crazy. He has now given up on them.

I think im leaving, the amount I play I can get plenty more perks on other sites.
    edited August 2009
    I played in the league freeroll last Sunday, that was A1.

A couple of places off cashing but at least it was a proper game. And free :)
  • DELTADELTA Member Posts: 639
    edited August 2009
    wa had this thread last nite most ove us in the thread want our points 2 be put toward in 2sats like used 2 do. it was 1500 on the sngs 4 entry into the 30k primo. the suits need 2 listen but i think we r all wasting our time.....they will say its the credit crunch.
    edited August 2009

Hmmm, well all companies are exploiting the 'credit crunch' in some way arnt they.

I noticed the new player freeroll has been binned, unless my eyes are decieving me.

If you played all the freerolls each week you would need 650 points ( I think ).

So, if you earn above this ( i have been at 4000 per week for last month or so ) your points are useless.

• DAVEYZZDAVEYZZ Member Posts: 1,651
    edited August 2009
    you are right of course they are a joke but why play them even if you get to win one its only about £100 or so no point playing for 3 hours for 15p(like i did) for a laugh.
    i think they are for newbies really,if you are earning all those points you are obviously a serious player?,so just play them for a bit of fun or as another player says to try different tactics(though the results may be deemed false because not many people play "proper poker" in these)
    the earning of points does seem to be a gripe,i have about 50k at mo but nothing to use them on,maybe sky could put on a £2k comp with a £2 buy-in restricted to players using 10k in points??

good luck at the tables..dave
  • Taller_GuyTaller_Guy Member Posts: 289
    edited August 2009
    There are a couple of issues here:
    Firstly, the Freerolls, purely in my opinion, are not a farce or a joke, they are what they are.  That is, a chance for beginners and experienced players alike to win cash with no outlay (other than points).  They are not 'proper' poker tournaments for the reasons described above - ridiculous gambles, going all-in on 8-2 offsuit, etc (although I'm sure this also happens in longer, more expensive tourneys) - but every experienced player registering for the Freerolls knows exactly how they are played and what they can likely expect from their opponents.  FRs are ideal for beginners to find their way around the technical and practical aspects of Sky's site without risking their cash, but as has also been mentioned many times before, they are not the best way to learn the finer points of the game.  However, every player should realise this at the time they register and tailor their game accordingly.
    Secondly, the issue of points and how to 'spend' them.  Clearly, Mat170202 and all the other players who've accumulated thousands of points don't play the tournaments or cash tables in order to accrue points, they play to win money, in the main,  and so the points they do collect are of secondary importance.  Having said that, if Sky are awarding points with their games, they should at least give the players the means to spend them meaningfully.  I know they're exchanging them for cash, but they could introduce points entry to satellite tourneys as Delta and others have mentioned, or even set up a marketplace where you can 'buy' t-shirts, mugs, etc.
    Speaking personally, due to work and family commitments, I don't play nearly as much poker as I'd like in order to accumulate many points anyway, so the community FR and perhaps the odd 50 pointer a couple of times a month are the best I can manage.  I played in the Comm FR tonight and came 141st out of 1119 - the prize money, of course, started at 140th place!  Having too many points, then, won't be a problem I'll have to face!
    I seem to have rambled on for a bit longer than I should, but just wanted to get my point across that we all know the FRs are a lottery more or less, but they should be looked on as a bit of light relief.  The points issue is an important one though, and Sky need to address it as it affects a good few of the high spenders on the site, and I'm sure they don't want to lose them!
    Graham