You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Pop-Up stops you posting a long post mid-edit

MachkaMachka Member Posts: 4,627
edited August 2010 in Community Help & Advice
I have seen a few posts on here where people were writing long posts and as they were getting to the end a pop-up appears announcing the start of a tournament in x minutes.  At this point everyone says they can't click the close button as it doesn't work.  I have found a workaround for this since it just happened to me and I'm never know to give up on a technical problem, lol.

If you get the pop-up mid edit you can't remove it but you can do the following:

1. Click on the post you were editing (nothing appears to happen)
2. Keep pressing the Tab key until you see the edit cursor (the little vertical line) appear in the edit box where you are typing your post.
3. Press Ctrl + A (which selects all the text you typed in)
3. Press Ctrl + C (which copies the text to the clipboard)
4. Close the window / tab / browser
5. Go back into the thread you were editing and in the box you type in the new post click the mouse
6. Press Ctrl + V (which pastes the text from the clipboard into the text box)

Comments

• MAXALLYMAXALLY Member Posts: 17,606
    edited August 2010

OR....FWIW.....write shorter posts! :)))))
  • MereNoviceMereNovice Member Posts: 4,364
    edited August 2010
    Top work Aaron - thanks.

Can you also tell me how to save posts that disappear when you try to add them but your user id times out (in a delayed fashion). I find this rather irksome.

I try to remember to c&p before clicking "Add Post" but I often forget.
  • MachkaMachka Member Posts: 4,627
    edited August 2010
    In Response to Re: Pop-Up stops you posting a long post mid-edit:
    OR....FWIW.....write shorter posts! :)))))
    Posted by MAXALLY
    This is my preferred option.
  • MachkaMachka Member Posts: 4,627
    edited August 2010
    Top work Aaron - thanks. Can you also tell me how to save posts that disappear when you try to add them but your user id times out (in a delayed fashion). I find this rather irksome. I try to remember to c&p before clicking "Add Post" but I often forget.
    Posted by MereNovice
    Can't say I've ever come across this one.  I assume that once you time out it's taken you to a different page without your text on?  Unless "Back" on the browser returns it I think it's a goner!
  • MereNoviceMereNovice Member Posts: 4,364
    edited August 2010
    In Response to Re: Pop-Up stops you posting a long post mid-edit : Can't say I've ever come across this one.  I assume that once you time out it's taken you to a different page without your text on?  Unless "Back" on the browser returns it I think it's a goner!
    Posted by Machka

You got it!