You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Free Rolls are taking 10 minutes to load up

jojaca3jojaca3 Member Posts: 19
edited August 2010 in Community Help & Advice
I am very annoyed that every night, the freerolls are taking ten minutes to load up. The time the table loads up i have lost my blinds 3-4 times round. I find this very unprofessional of sky, when i have no problems with other poker sites that i use.
This has forced me to abandon paying for tournaments on sky because of the uncertainty. They need to sharpen up their poker site or risk losing poker players. Sky Poker is still way behind other poker sites.
The only reason i play poker on sky is because i have betting account otherwise i would stay away from it.

Comments

• Kiwini4uKiwini4u Member Posts: 3,830
    edited August 2010
    I haven't had any problems with table loading and I think there would be lots of people complaining if the problem was with the Sky servers.
  • loonytoonsloonytoons Member Posts: 4,270
    edited August 2010
    It takes 20 odd seconds to load up the 7:15 deepstack with 50 odd runners, however i agree with you it takes ages, maybe 5 minutes for the 7pm freeroll to launch, perhaps its because their are 2000+ players? I normally lose about 2-5 hands, its free so im not bothered, but all my pay games are fine!
  • archdiggerarchdigger Member Posts: 145
    edited August 2010
    7 38pm and still aint loaded gets to 39.4% and thats it. ah well glad it was for free. no probs with other tourneys launching,perhaps someone could look into this please
  • DARNIK2005DARNIK2005 Member Posts: 26
    edited August 2010
    19:38 loaded up ok but has me sat away can't bet, fold, call, just loosing chips not much fun
  • oynutteroynutter Member Posts: 4,773
    edited August 2010
    +1--- The whole site slows to a flopwit crawl when these games start-- loads of people get disconnected from the table, even when they are not in the freeroll--- It takes 5 mins to load the floppin lobby-- If the site can't handle 2500 players in a freeroll, it should not have 2500 players in a freeroll--simples--flops sake!!
  • Kiwini4uKiwini4u Member Posts: 3,830
    edited August 2010
    I don't know if its connected or not but for the first time ever, at around 7.00 tonight,  I had problems with the time taken for the forum pages to load. FYI the web pages of other sites were loading fine.
  • metaraptormetaraptor Member Posts: 58
    edited August 2010
    I have exactly the same problem, but believe I have spotted the cause and have 2 solutions.

The problem is that Sky tournament lobbies require a lot of ram and the demand on your CPU increases dramatically with the number of players in the tournament.  You can check this out by opening your Task Manager CPU monitor and looking at the CPU usage as you play different size tournaments.

The two solutions are:

1.  Install more RAM.  Large freerolls seem to need about a Gig more than small tournaments.

2.  Just close the tournament lobby whilst playing.  If you want to check on your tournament position, you can see this by playing in miniview (displayed in bottom left of table) or by highlighting the tournament line in the main Sky lobby.

I know that the Sky tech team have a series of upgrades in the pipeline which will end this problem (including the much-awaited download version).  Either of the above will mitigate the problem till then.
  • jud90928jud90928 Member Posts: 5
    edited August 2010
    The two solutions are:

1.  Install more RAM.  Large freerolls seem to need about a Gig more than small tournaments.

2.  Just close the tournament lobby whilst playing.  If you want to check on your tournament position, you can see this by playing in miniview (displayed in bottom left of table) or by highlighting the tournament line in the main Sky lobby.

These are the sky solutions???? Install more ram????? Dont talk so stupid. You have badly designed and way underestimated the amount of people using your site. More ram....get real I think 4GB is enough dont you?

And how can you just close the tourney lobby when ITS CRASHED AGAIN and locked the machine up????!!!!???

It shouldnt do it and you know it, how long has sky poker been going and still no software, bet it uses P2P and they dont tell you like their sky player btw
  • GavinxxxxGavinxxxx Member Posts: 559
    edited August 2010
    In Response to Re: Free Rolls are taking 10 minutes to load up:
    The two solutions are: 1.  Install more RAM.  Large freerolls seem to need about a Gig more than small tournaments. 2.  Just close the tournament lobby whilst playing.  If you want to check on your tournament position, you can see this by playing in miniview (displayed in bottom left of table) or by highlighting the tournament line in the main Sky lobby. These are the sky solutions???? Install more ram????? Dont talk so stupid. You have badly designed and way underestimated the amount of people using your site. More ram....get real I think 4GB is enough dont you? And how can you just close the tourney lobby when ITS CRASHED AGAIN and locked the machine up????!!!!??? It shouldnt do it and you know it, how long has sky poker been going and still no software, bet it uses P2P and they dont tell you like their sky player btw
    Posted by jud90928

I can assure you 4GB of ram is plenty trust me. 
  • GavinxxxxGavinxxxx Member Posts: 559
    edited August 2010
    In Response to Re: Free Rolls are taking 10 minutes to load up:
    The two solutions are: 1.  Install more RAM.  Large freerolls seem to need about a Gig more than small tournaments. 2.  Just close the tournament lobby whilst playing.  If you want to check on your tournament position, you can see this by playing in miniview (displayed in bottom left of table) or by highlighting the tournament line in the main Sky lobby. These are the sky solutions???? Install more ram????? Dont talk so stupid. You have badly designed and way underestimated the amount of people using your site. More ram....get real I think 4GB is enough dont you? And how can you just close the tourney lobby when ITS CRASHED AGAIN and locked the machine up????!!!!??? It shouldnt do it and you know it, how long has sky poker been going and still no software, bet it uses P2P and they dont tell you like their sky player btw
    Posted by jud90928

I can assure you 4GB of ram is plenty trust me.