You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

To be honest or not to be? part 2

karllukekarlluke Member Posts: 913
edited August 2009 in Poker Chat
You may see this post before but I hope not I pressed the wrong button and it went.  Well I will start again.

Just to set the scene I played live at Luton last night 84 Runners, was down to the last 11 players.  An all in was announced and a call by two short stacks.  One turns over Q6 the other J9.  The flop came Q 9 10 turn 10 and the river a J.  The dealer announces J9 the winner and turns the Q6 over.  This would mean a player out. Since I was short stacked I could ladder up due to an error.  Would you be honest and tell the dealer he has made a mistake?

Well I will be honest with you I annouced to the dealer his mistake(no one else had noticed) he turned back the Q6 and announced that the winner. I must say this was an automatic call by me, I had not thought of the consequences until after the hand had finished.  Had I thought about it, I might have thought it makes up to a bad decision made against me in another tourney or no one should suffer at a bad decision? How would you vote?

Comments

• jimbo31jimbo31 Member Posts: 294
    edited August 2009

GREAT POST KARL... YES I WOULD HIGHLIGHT THE MISTAKE AS I WOULD HOPE THAT SOMEONE WOULD DO THE SAME FOR ME,REGARDLESS OF THE STAGE OF THE TOURNEY... GOOD ON U...AND I HOPE THE Q6 PLAYER GOT U A DRINK!;-)

• karllukekarlluke Member Posts: 913
    edited August 2009

No jimbo they did not but i did notice it gave her a boost, when i last saw her she had quite a stack on the final table down to 6

• NoseyBonkNoseyBonk Member Posts: 6,175
    edited August 2009
    Yep, gotta be honest.
    Good on ya!

• SpongeDougSpongeDoug Member Posts: 153
    edited August 2009
    Honesty's always the best policy in my book, and I'd always split in golden balls aswell!!
  • jimbo31jimbo31 Member Posts: 294
    edited August 2009
    In Response to Re: To be honest or not to be? part 2:
    No jimbo they did not but i did notice it gave her a boost, when i last saw her she had quite a stack on the final table down to 6
    Posted by karlluke
    SHOULD OF AGREED A DEAL. LOL... WELL LETS HOPE SHE REMEMBERS U AND NEXT TIME DOES U A FAVOUR...SHE PROB WENT ON TO WIN.....;-0))
  • Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 166,815
    edited August 2009

Hi Tina,

There can only be one answer!

Not seen you at Luton much - there is a Sky Poker Raiding Party there next Wednesday. Fancy some of that? A good few of the Feltham Staff, plus Orpey, & that Orford fella. Always good value, them two.
  • KnackersYaKnackersYa Member Posts: 468
    edited August 2009
    Honest always, or Karma comes and bites you on the bottom.
    edited August 2009
    hi tk yes it was my first time but i bubbled i would have loved to come but i already have a prior engagement thanks
  • DAVEYZZDAVEYZZ Member Posts: 1,651
    edited August 2009

hi tina my answer is no i would not tell the dealer,but not for the reason of me benefiting from the mistake,i just think the player who had q6 should of known he was holding the winning cards(surely he must of known on the turn that he cant lose??

did you ladder btw?

dave

• razorkevrazorkev Member Posts: 1,364
    edited August 2009

Tina honesty pays in the long run..thats wht ive got knowhere lol

hope ur well B LUKKY

edited August 2009
    No dave i went out on the bubble
  • DAVEYZZDAVEYZZ Member Posts: 1,651
    edited August 2009
    In Response to Re: To be honest or not to be? part 2:
    No dave i went out on the bubble
    Posted by karlluke
    ouch unlucky t..
  • jasonjeggojasonjeggo Member Posts: 67
    edited August 2009
    ummm honesty is best !!! BUT cant beleave the other player didnt notice !!! for that i would have kept quiet !!! ;-)
  • DarlomikeDarlomike Member Posts: 234
    edited August 2009

I would of definately mentioned it to the dealer, if i noticed something then i would always tell that person of the mistake even if it benefits me or not.

I see it as, if you didn't mention it then you would think about it and feel bad.

I also see it as, do as you would want to be done to you.... if the same thing happened to you then i am sure you would like someone to speak up for you.

I do agree that the player should of known he had won, but we all have lapses of judgement or moments our brain falls asleep, as you said it was near the end of the tourney it must of taken a while to get there and people get tired and miss things.