You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Web browser tekky question for IT dinosaur.

darichdarich Member Posts: 969
edited August 2010 in Community Help & Advice
Hi there,

In recent weeks I have noticed that when playing wirelessly on my laptop my internet has been freezing intermittently and on occasions has even needed control, alt deleting and rebooting. This has happened mid hand with the nuts and been slightly annoying!! Could this be to do with my browser in any way? I have had the same problem with IE and firefox and it seems to have improved over the last couple of days since I downloaded Google Chrome. Having experienced lag with 2 tables open on IE, I was able to play 3 last night normally using Chrome, which was really good.

I have never had a problem on my desktop, which is wired as opposed to wireless.

Just wondered if the web browser or my internet connection is the most likely cause of this, and which browser is the one of choice for multi-tablers on sky?

Thanks

Comments

• NoseyBonkNoseyBonk Member Posts: 6,175
    edited August 2010
    Hi,
    It's really difficult to offer any pointers as there are loads of different things that could be causing your problem. From your description I'd say it's unlikely to be the browser IF you're experiencing it in both IE and FF, but unfortunately offering you any sort of specifics beyond that are nigh on impossible 'remotely'.
    Really it's one of those problems where a techy 'needs to be there' when it happens, to try to narrow down exactly where the problem is coming from.
    Speaking generally you want to ensure your PC is in good health - eg, no viruses / trojans / spyware etc, and that your wireless network is operating as it should (I hate wireless with a passion so don't get me started lol), and confident there are no hardware problems that would cause it to 'stop responding' (requiring a hard reset).
    Sorry to be vague!
  • darichdarich Member Posts: 969
    edited August 2010
    In Response to Re: Web browser tekky question for IT dinosaur.:
    Hi, It's really difficult to offer any pointers as there are loads of different things that could be causing your problem. From your description I'd say it's unlikely to be the browser IF you're experiencing it in both IE and FF, but unfortunately offering you any sort of specifics beyond that are nigh on impossible 'remotely'. Really it's one of those problems where a techy 'needs to be there' when it happens, to try to narrow down exactly where the problem is coming from. Speaking generally you want to ensure your PC is in good health - eg, no viruses / trojans / spyware etc, and that your wireless network is operating as it should (I hate wireless with a passion so don't get me started lol), and confident there are no hardware problems that would cause it to 'stop responding' (requiring a hard reset). Sorry to be vague!
    Posted by NoseyBonk
    No worries - thanks for replying :-)