You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Hand History Analyses

KingAlfredKingAlfred Member Posts: 23
edited August 2010 in Community Help & Advice
Apologies if this has been asked/answered before:

Is there any way to download your hand histories into a text file so you can analyse them? All the other poker sites write them to a folder on your C drive, but haven't been able to find this anywhere.

Comments

• silentbobsilentbob Member Posts: 2,137
    edited August 2010
    Hi Alfred

At the moment it's not possible to do this. Hopefully this will be something you can do when the download client arrives but as of yet there's no word as to when that will be.
  • beanehbeaneh Member Posts: 4,079
    edited August 2010
    In Response to Hand History Analyses:
    Apologies if this has been asked/answered before: Is there any way to download your hand histories into a text file so you can analyse them? All the other poker sites write them to a folder on your C drive, but haven't been able to find this anywhere.
    Posted by KingAlfred

It's technically possible but no by default and you have to download/code a script to remove the information from the web page sky throws up when you click on the hand history info, that way you can get an ouput saved that is like a normal sites hh that can for example be put through a hand history converter. it's alot of work though and i had to get someone else to write the code for me  (I haven't really got round to testing it properly/using it but it deffo worked to download it and convert it!).
  • KingAlfredKingAlfred Member Posts: 23
    edited August 2010
    In Response to Re: Hand History Analyses:
    In Response to Hand History Analyses : It's technically possible but no by default and you have to download/code a script to remove the information from the web page sky throws up when you click on the hand history info, that way you can get an ouput saved that is like a normal sites hh that can for example be put through a hand history converter. it's alot of work though and i had to get someone else to write the code for me  (I haven't really got round to testing it properly/using it but it deffo worked to download it and convert it!).
    Posted by beaneh
    Thanks for replies. I did look at trying to extract the information from the html source and writing a program to convert to a normal HH; frankly it does not look easy at all and you would have to wade through each HH one by one which would take forever.

I accept that one good thing about Sky is that it stops people with poker tracking software from getting an unfair edge on you. However I feel uneasy about the fact that there really is no way to audit whether the distribution of hands you get is fair or whether you are particularly lucky/unlucky.

You will see from a post I made today at the Ask Tikay thread that I am currently struggling to explain how I made about $900 over the course of 6 months from low stakes STT/MTT but since then just consistently lost money until I am back to zero again, while not varying my game at all. We are talking about over 700 tourneys here so its not an insignificant sample.

My only way to get to the bottom of this is by analysing my HH's. Otherwise I dont see much point in continuing to play here.

Cheers anyway
    edited August 2010
    In Response to Re: Hand History Analyses : Thanks for replies. I did look at trying to extract the information from the html source and writing a program to convert to a normal HH; frankly it does not look easy at all and you would have to wade through each HH one by one which would take forever. I accept that one good thing about Sky is that it stops people with poker tracking software from getting an unfair edge on you. However I feel uneasy about the fact that there really is no way to audit whether the distribution of hands you get is fair or whether you are particularly lucky/unlucky. You will see from a post I made today at the Ask Tikay thread that I am currently struggling to explain how I made about $900 over the course of 6 months from low stakes STT/MTT but since then just consistently lost money until I am back to zero again, while not varying my game at all. We are talking about over 700 tourneys here so its not an insignificant sample. My only way to get to the bottom of this is by analysing my HH's. Otherwise I dont see much point in continuing to play here. Cheers anyway
    Posted by KingAlfred
    All fair points.

However 700 tournies depending on field size is not a particularly significant sample. 

You can have a whole mass of situations for a few weeks where you have KK vs AA or 2nd nuts vs nuts, it just happens it's not because 'the site' is rigged, it's because pokers rigged!

(if you do want to take the hh out of the html window you have to 'scrape' the information, the clever bit is to run an ahk script that runs the 'scrape' script and then moves you to the next hand hh via the 'next hand' button. tis doable I think if not en masse but I haven't had a chance to properly test it out.)

It is unfortunate that there is no way to request/download your own account hh's files so as to audit and analyse your own game.
  • simonnatursimonnatur Member Posts: 330
    edited August 2010
    In Response to Re: Hand History Analyses : All fair points. However 700 tournies depending on field size is not a particularly significant sample.  You can have a whole mass of situations for a few weeks where you have KK vs AA or 2nd nuts vs nuts, it just happens it's not because 'the site' is rigged, it's because pokers rigged! (if you do want to take the hh out of the html window you have to 'scrape' the information, the clever bit is to run an ahk script that runs the 'scrape' script and then moves you to the next hand hh via the 'next hand' button. tis doable I think if not en masse but I haven't had a chance to properly test it out.) It is unfortunate that there is no way to request/download your own account hh's files so as to audit and analyse your own game.
    Posted by beaneh
    Have to agree with Beaneh, you have to accept you may not live long enough to get your "fair" run of results. I've read a lot about tournament strategy and you have to realise you need a very significant bankroll to keep you going through downswings. I'ld advise you to put your energies to better use - what do you expect to do if you for instance discover that over say 14,000 hands you have been dealt far fewer big pairs than expected???
    dont think Sky will apologise and give you your money back
  • KingAlfredKingAlfred Member Posts: 23
    edited August 2010
    In Response to Re: Hand History Analyses : Have to agree with Beaneh, you have to accept you may not live long enough to get your "fair" run of results. I've read a lot about tournament strategy and you have to realise you need a very significant bankroll to keep you going through downswings. I'ld advise you to put your energies to better use - what do you expect to do if you for instance discover that over say 14,000 hands you have been dealt far fewer big pairs than expected??? dont think Sky will apologise and give you your money back
    Posted by simonnatur
    I can handle variance and am in no danger of going bust or anything. But I would really like to get to the bottom of the reasons why my graph looks like the matterhorn, up then down. I can only do that by analysing the hand histories and seeing if there is anything different about how I played on the way up to the way down, or if the opposition changed, or if I was just unlucky. I can do this on every other site I play, so am just a bit surprised that not more players are pushing Sky to make these data available.

As you say though, there is nothing particualrly keeping me here, so i can always vote with my feet.
    edited August 2010
    weeeee

[ x ] sky hh

[    ] in it's normal format

[    ] changed it by hand

[ x ] wish you didn't have to download the sky hh page to rip all the info

[ x  ] would love sky to have a button that you could click to copy/paste a hh from the window into your clipboard for forum use etc

Sky Poker Hand History #270405264 Hold'em No Limit (0.25 /0.50  GBP) (18:46 06/07/2010)
    beaneh Raise £2.50
    Boonicon is the button
    Boonicon (£50.45 in chips)
    SHADYSI (£47.13 in chips)
    robert1958 (-)
    dichio111 (£10.22 in chips)
    cats (-)
    beaneh (£55.55 in chips)
    Boonicon: posts small blind £0.25
    SHADYSI: posts big blind £0.50
    *** HOLE CARDS ***
    Dealt to beaneh [Qd Ad]