You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Stupid pop ups!

silentbobsilentbob Member Posts: 2,137
edited August 2010 in Community Help & Advice
I'm not sure but I think someone may have brought this up previously?

Whilst writing a post on the forum I had a pop up come on my screen about registering for the SPT semi. I clicked on the "done" button but instead of disappearing like it should have it just stayed there & I couldn't do anything with my post (I tried to copy & paste but it wouldn't let me copy the text).

I was quite annoyed as it was a reasonably lengthy post & I had to start over again as the only way I could get rid of it was to close my browser.

After I'd reopened my browser & logged on again to re-type my post the thing came back. This time it did disappear after I'd clicked the "done" button but came back again literally 5 seconds later!

Two things:

1 - Please can someone take a look into why it wouldn't go away the first time (fwiw I was using IE8 at the time as I was posting a hand history)
2 - Can you please sort it that once you've clicked it off it doesn't come back? If I wanted to play the advertised tourney I would've registered!

I have a screenshot if you want me to Email it. I would post it here but they take forever to get approved.

Thanks in advance

Jay

Comments

• beanehbeaneh Member Posts: 4,079
    edited August 2010
    Maybe a button to turn off pop up thingies!!!

I seem to keep writing long posts and then managing to click on a link on the left to 'popular blogs' and you then go back in your browser and nothing has been remembered from what you were typing. Very tilting!
  • Sky_RichSky_Rich Member Posts: 3,837
    edited August 2010
    Hi Jay,

I'll hand this over to the rest of the team for investigation. Hopefully we'll manage to get to the bottom of this one.

If we need anymore info a member of the team may come back to you with more questions.

Kind Regards.

Rich

• MachkaMachka Member Posts: 4,627
    edited August 2010
    THIS - doesn't fix it but it helps you recover your text.
  • silentbobsilentbob Member Posts: 2,137
    edited August 2010
    Cheers for that machka.

Thought I'd seen something like this mentioned before so it's worth knowing.