You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Downloadable software?

GavinxxxxGavinxxxx Member Posts: 559
edited September 2010 in Community Help & Advice
Not sure if this has been answered as iv'e recently come from a 6 month break, but when i was last here playing there was talk about a downloadable software instead of a web based lobby coming soon ?

Has that gone in the bin or is it still in development ?

Comments

• SHANXTASHANXTA Member Posts: 1,507
    edited August 2010
    it's been 'coming soon' for ~16 months
  • GavinxxxxGavinxxxx Member Posts: 559
    edited August 2010
    In Response to Re: Downloadable software?:
    it's been 'coming soon' for ~16 months
    Posted by SHANXTA
    Ahh, thought that might be the case
  • dylan12dylan12 Member Posts: 2,343
    edited August 2010
    They have it in place just testing it now I think. We were shown it in Swansea during the SPT - looked good but as with everything it needs to be tested fully to ensure any flaws are sorted before the launch - It won't be long now I don't think.
    edited August 2010
    They have it in place just testing it now I think. We were shown it in Swansea during the SPT - looked good but as with everything it needs to be tested fully to ensure any flaws are sorted before the launch - It won't be long now I don't think.
    Posted by dylan12
    Great news !

Did it look alright ?
  • waynecwaynec Member Posts: 1,023
    edited August 2010
    I would prefer it to be idiot friendly than looking the biz for the likes of me :)
  • dylan12dylan12 Member Posts: 2,343
    edited August 2010

Yeah looked good, tables loading faster, the size of the table are less so can fit more on the screen etc

Yeah wayne, well hopefully they will test it for all levels of "idiot" ability and that it will have a smooth transition into the site :)

edited August 2010
    Less is more imo
  • sikassikas Member Posts: 857
    edited August 2010
    bump!

this is great news! cant wait!

:-D
  • OMahonyOOMahonyO Member Posts: 1,883
    edited September 2010
    I hear a whisper its not actually a download, but just a faster more reliable system.  I am however not sure about this.  Probably a good thing if it is as hopefully this will rule out tracking software.

Im liking the smaller miniview tables idea
  • Sky_RichSky_Rich Member Posts: 3,837
    edited September 2010
    I hear a whisper its not actually a download, but just a faster more reliable system.  I am however not sure about this.  Probably a good thing if it is as hopefully this will rule out tracking software. Im liking the smaller miniview tables idea
    Posted by OMahonyO

nope we've got the download and the optimisation project (faster more reliable system) both going live soon.

more announcements on this soon guys.

Thanks for your patience
  • OMahonyOOMahonyO Member Posts: 1,883
    edited September 2010
    In Response to Re: Downloadable software? : nope we've got the download and the optimisation project (faster more reliable system) both going live soon. more announcements on this soon guys. Thanks for your patience
    Posted by Sky_Rich

Ok, nice one , thanks.

Do we know if a download client and the ability to use tracking software are part and parce of each otherl, or is this a discussion that is completely different?
    edited September 2010
    In Response to Re: Downloadable software? : Ok, nice one , thanks. Do we know if a download client and the ability to use tracking software are part and parce of each otherl, or is this a discussion that is completely different?
    Posted by OMahonyO

I've just had a word with one of the project leads and no, tracking software won't be hooked up/ compatible for launch.

That doesn't mean it won't be looked at again for a later release.

cheers
  • beanehbeaneh Member Posts: 4,079
    edited September 2010
    In Response to Re: Downloadable software? : I've just had a word with one of the project leads and no, tracking software won't be hooked up/ compatible for launch. That doesn't mean it won't be looked at again for a later release. cheers
    Posted by Sky_Rich

If you can download the software you must have some way of being able to view your own hands -> which means there must be some way of storing your own hands -> which should allow you to track your own play in a database even if you cant use any more of the functionality other software has??

Are we ever going to be able to track our own play/results?
    edited September 2010
    If you send a quick PM to Sky Adam he'll be much more informative then i am/can be. He was the lead on this project and knows the capability and functionality inside out.

cheers,

• sikassikas Member Posts: 857
    edited September 2010
    is there an approximate date on its release yet?
  • KKarlos93KKarlos93 Member Posts: 90
    edited September 2010
    How about launching a play money version and letting the players have a go and report any bug's or issues?
    edited September 2010
    is there an approximate date on its release yet?
    Posted by sikas
    very soon!

More announcements shortly.

I'm sorry i can't be more specific (just yet!)
    edited September 2010
    Hi Rich on one of the other forum topics (what improvements would you make to sky poker) i read that the software isnt being looked into at the mo, is it definatly 100% on its way? Thanks Karl
    How about launching a play money version and letting the players have a go and report any bug's or issues?
    Posted by KKarlos93
  • MachkaMachka Member Posts: 4,627
    edited September 2010
    It is being looked at and developed.  I had a play with it at the SPT Nottingham and it's pretty **** good.  Obviously they want to make sure it stable and ready to be released so be patient but it is coming, really this time!
    edited September 2010
    Hi Machka
    What are we looking at then? what will it be on a par with?  I play on most sites and i find FTP to be the best, is it near that?  or is it more like a micro gaming/i poker type?
    It is being looked at and developed.  I had a play with it at the SPT Nottingham and it's pretty **** good.  Obviously they want to make sure it stable and ready to be released so be patient but it is coming, really this time!
    Posted by Machka